Like A FairyTale

Love Is Like A Butterfly

 

"Hurry up before our uncles wake up Mimi" Tzuyu said, panicking as her older sister flicked through a thick black book. It looked a little worn and it contained a lot of history inside, the girls couldn't hold out any longer.

They were both just so curious as to how their daddy's had met all them years ago. Currently they both were seated in the corner in the living room. Onew, Taemin and Minho were baby sitting them but had fallen asleep on sofa and arm chair over twenty minutes ago. Mini is the oldest at 5 while Tzuyu is 4, they had found their dad's diary and they were desperate to find out how the got together.

Flicking to the middle page, a piece of paper fell onto Mimi's lap, being super nosy, the girl opened it to find what looked like song lyrics. The paper looked worn and old, looking at the diary, Mimi gasped as she found what she was looking for.

"Love is like a butterfly? What kind of title is that for a diary entry" Tzuyu whispered as she peeked over Mimi's shoulder to gaze at the dairy. Tzuyu climbed into her sister's lap and smiled so Mimi could read the diary to her.

"Are you ready Tzuyu?" Mimi asked before patting her sister on the head and took a deep breath before reading quietly to her sister.

Dear Diary

Life isn't always like a butterfly, free to roam, free to do as it wished. I was foolish back then to think I was happy, I was married to a man named DooJoon, I kept saying I was happily married but deep down I knew I was living in denial. I felt like a typical housewife, my daily routine became rather boring and dull. I would wake up and cook breakfast, clean up then go grocery shopping.

I would then come home, cook lunch, then clear away, clean the house and then prepare dinner. I would then cook dinner, clean up then go to bed. I slowly became a ghost of my former self, I even started to get very forgetful and my cooking skills took a downward spiral. I felt so lonely, lost and I forgot who I was most of the time. My older brother Onew had called me foolish for marrying the first guy I dated.

I was just a dumb fool back then, thinking that no one else would want me and I had no choice but to marry DooJoon. I had to pretend that everything was perfect in front of DooJoon. He didn't really show me much love or care, he was far more interested in his dental work then spend an evening with me. DooJoon was a dentist at the time and spent most of his home time filling out forms.

When he did have free time then he would much rather be out with the boys then do anything with me. I was just like a robot with no feelings or emotions. I had decided to stop at a cafe on my way home, I wasn't hungry but I needed time to think about how depressing my life had become. I was smoking and didn't realise I was flicking my ash into the guy's coffee and trifle. I felt awful and could not stop apologising for my bad manors.

The guy chuckled and waved his hand, telling me it was fine. I ended up talking with the guy for a good half an hour before I left. I felt things that I knew I shouldn't feel, I was scared and couldn't open up to him even if the stranger was a very nice man. I couldn't even leave with out ruining something, as I picked up the grocery bag, I  knocked his cup of coffee over the table. He laughed when I panicked and I rushed out of these in such a state of embarrassment.

I didn't think too much about the strange man as I drove home in my little worn out car. I went back to pretending I was living the pleasant life with a pleasant/perfect husband and I had nothing to complain about. It was fair to say I was fed up with my life though, dissatisfied with how it was planning out. I wanted to work but Doojoon only shouted at me, he was the only one allowed to work and earn money.

He would always call me selfish for wanting more, I couldn't tell you the many time I had been left in tears because of him. The second time I bumped into the strange was just a brief encounter. I had stopped at the traffic lights when he pulled up beside me, I had to blink a few times before I remembered it was the man from the cafe. He said hello and asked how I was keeping, he had such a dazzling smile and such a calming, sweet aura about him. I stuttered and soon the lights had turned green and he had driven off.

A car behind me beeped and woke me from my trance, I mentally scolded my self for having those kind of thoughts when I was married. The third time I bumped into the stranger, I finally got to know his name. I was sitting in the park, feeding the ducks by the pond, it was fair to say I was feeling rather down that day. I was so close to having a breakdown.

I felt worthless and I couldn't confine in DooJoon as he would brand me selfish and shout at me and belittle me. The stranger was jogging in the park and he stopped by the bench where I was sitting, I was a little cold to start with but I felt awful as he hadn't done anything but make me smile. His name was Jonghyun and his hand felt so soft in mine when I shook his hand. He was just so charming and full of life, I found out that he was happily divorced and had been single for over a year. He told me his ex-wife was nothing but a gold digger and there was no love between them.

I also found out that Jonghyun worked as a doctor, he had his own office and know I understood why he always looked so smart dressed in suits. We sat in the park for nearly two hours chatting before Jonghyun had leave and head back to work, he kindly walked me back to my car which looked like a heap of junk next to his smart BMW. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get Jonghyun off my mind, he made me feel kind of special and he made me feel happy.

I couldn't keep living in this fantasy world with meeting Jonghyun and being happy. I was a married man and I couldn't break that contact with DooJoon even if I was slowly falling out of love with him. We had been married for five years and honestly I couldn't recall a single happy memory I want to remember or share with anyone. Even the wedding was a horrible day and Doojoon had treated me like the dirt on the bottom of his shoe.

Every day I kept bumping into Jonghyun, he would even leave cute notes on the window screen of my car if he was busy or running late. During one meeting, I told Jonghyun that our meetings had to stop in case DooJoon got the wrong idea. I shouted at him to leave, he did and he gave me a smile before leaving the cafe and my heart shattered. I knew I regretted those words, I was just too busy living in my world full of denial and fake happiness and love.

That night I had cooked a pizza, well it looked like a pizza when I put it in the oven, DooJoon shouted at me and came close to hitting me. After calling me several names and making me feel worse, DooJoon stormed out and headed to the pub. Ten minutes later the phone rung and it was Jonghyun. He could tell I was upset and asked if I would like to meet him in the park the next day.

After thinking about it, I agreed, Jonghyun said goodbye after giving me a time to be there and suddenly I felt kind of giddy and happy. I found my usual boring daily routine was slowly changing with meeting Jonghyun and some times going for lunch with him. I even giggled for the first time in my life when Jonghyun told me a funny story about his brother Minho.

I slowly began to fall for Jonghyun, it was bound to happen with how happy he made me and didn't see me as a typical boring house wife. During the summer time, DooJoon went away with his friends for a stag night weekend up north. He was going for the whole weekend which left me alone in the house with nothing to do. Jonghyun had called and asked me how I was and asked if I had plans for this evening,  I must of sounded like such a bore when I told I was left on my own. Half an hour later and Jonghyun was at my door and telling me to pack a little bag as I would be away for the night.

I was beyond confused but I did as he told me. I can honestly say that night was the best night of my life, I had never felt more alive and the former old me peeked from it's shell. Jonghyun took me camping, it was only one night but it was just so magical and perfect. He pitched the tent while I collected some fire wood, he didn't put me down and even came to my help when I struggled to carry something.

We sat by the bonfire during the night, Jonghyun confessed to me that he had written me a song. Writing music lyrics and poems was something Jonghyun loved to do in his free time, I was already close to tears when he told me about the song. When he had sung it, I was just so speechless, the song was so beautiful and the lyrics felt like they were my thoughts when ever I am with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun cuddled me and wiped my tear drops away softly. We watched the stars in the sky as we laid side by side together, our hands became entwined. My head was screaming out that I was married yet my heart was screaming out to me to screw DooJoon and let my self be happy and wanted. I decided to follow my heart and that night as we laid in the tent, Jonghyun had his arms wrapped around my waist and we snuggled and talked so much. I felt so loved and wanted, it felt so right yet it felt wrong knowing there was a ring around my finger.

During the course of meeting with Jonghyun, my brother Onew had noticed a change in me. He told me I was glowing and seemed more relaxed and happy, I couldn't hide anything from my older brother as he knew me so well. He told me he was happy for me but to be careful. That night I had the best night sleep and I even felt Jonghyun's lips press a gentle kiss to my forehead before falling into a deep sleep.

The next day, I returned home and to my shock DooJoon was there and he didn't look very happy with me. He demanded to know where I was, of course I lied and said I spent the night with Onew bur DooJoon didn't believe me. For nearly two hours DooJoon raged at me and tore me apart, he threw a vase which missed my head by a couple of inches.

He got so annoyed that he finally broke and he hit me. I was shocked and felt so hurt, I was frozen to my spot for a minute before I ran upstairs. I was crying and my left eye was throbbing from where he had hit me. I grabbed my gym bag and stuffed as many clothing and personal items as I could into it. It wasn't the first time I had run away from home and gone back to Onew's home because of DooJoon.

He used to have a habit of demanding when he wanted it and always tried to force him self on me. The last year and a half of the marriage was pretty much less, hardly any cuddling or kissing and those three words were never said. I heard the front door slam and the house became scarily quiet apart from my soft sobs and whimpers.

I took that opportunity to leave the house, running as fast as I could down the road trying to reach my brother's house ten minutes away. It felt like fate was mocking me though as when I reached Onew's house, no one was there then it hit me that Onew and his wife Luna had gone to the United States. He was taking a higher course over there as he was training to be a top lawyer.

I had no where to go and it hurt so much knowing that I would have to return home and risk being beaten again. I decided to go and sit in the park for a while, I didn't care about people starting at me or my black eye and red flustered face. I was a broken man, I was made to feel worthless and DooJoon had successfully won and broken me. I was nothing but a rag doll to him, something to cook and clean and that was it.

I have no doubts in my mind that DooJoon cheated on me, in face even Onew had caught him many times kissing and making out with various women. He even caught DooJoon on our wedding day in a cubored and had one of my bridesmaid going down on him. It hurt me but I was stuck and I was scared to leave as DooJoon told me that no one would ever want a used and broken man as a husband again.

I sat in the park, watching the ducks splash and swim about, I even faintly smiled at the mother and baby cute interactions. I was completely lost in my own broken, loveless world when Jonghyun came by jogging. His smile instantly disappeared when I finally looked up and into his beautiful chocolate brown orbs. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around me as I cried and spilled my heart out to him.

He listened and once again wiped my tears away gently. Jonghyun looked at me like I was the most beautiful man he had ever seen, it made my heart flutter even in those situations. He took my hand in his and lead me to his home, he lived in a beautiful apartment a good twenty minutes from where I used to live. Jonghyun told me to stay with him for a while and after thinking about it during the first night I accepted his offer.

During my stay there, I met Minho who was Jonghyun's baby brother and Minho's partner Taemin. It was fair to say I was jealous of the relationship, Taemin did not look like a typical house wife that lead a boring life. Taemin told me he danced and he worked at the local gym teaching dance while Minho works in the main area with the machines at the gym.

I was green with envy, how they both smiled, laughed and looked at each other with so much love and I could tell Minho admired Taemin so much. His eyes would always sparkle when he looked at Taemin, they both seemed to have permanate smiles glued to their lips. Before I had run from home, I left my wedding ring there. I wanted space as I really didn't want to be with DooJoon any more but I was scared.

I couldn't make up my mind, my head and my heart were at war with each other for a few days. DooJoon had tried to call me but I just rejected his call, I only wanted to see him when I had the answer to my question. Jonghyun was a perfect gentleman though, he looked after me well and for once I didn't feel like a typical house wife.

He was a brilliant cook and he even offered to help me relearn to cook. He didn't mock me or laugh at my misfortune, in fact it was quite fun learning to cook all over again. When I got it wrong, Jonghyun would hug me and tell I did well and point out what I did wrong. He didn't shout at me or make me do anything, it was kind of nice to have some fun, I forgot about my past life while I lived in my fantasy world bubble with Jonghyun.

He did give me some really helpful advice and that alone gave me the confidence to come to my decision to divorce DooJoon. I was beyond scared but I was determine and I had Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin's support. Jonghyun kindly let me call Onew in the United States to inform him and he sounded pleased for me that I am finally leaving DooJoon. He gave me his love and support before hanging up which made me smile.

Jonghyun came with me to file for the divorce, it was strange but nice to have someone with me who had been through the same situation as me. I didn't want anything from DooJoon, he could keep his house, his money and his furniture (He always bragged that it all belonged to him anyway). Finally signing my name on the form felt like such a great stress reliever.

I felt like weight had been removed from my shoulders. It took two more weeks before DooJoon signed the forms and finally I was a free man well I was a freeman for a minute before Jonghyun swept me off of my feet. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he spun me around happily. I had never felt more alive and so happy, my heart felt ready to burst with pure joy.

He put me down and leaned his forehead against mine. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling, it felt so surreal that I was finally rid of DooJoon. Before I could gasp what was happening Jonghyun leaned forward and kissed me. It was a sweet kiss and wow it was amazing.I had never felt something so passionate and loving and full on. His lips felt like soft silk pillows against my bow shaped lips, my eyes fluttered closed and I found my self kissing Jonghyun back softly.

My toes curling and my  gripping Jonghyun's shirt tightly. It felt so magical and so beautiful, I didn't think a kiss could feel so good. It was just a perfect kiss and everything I had dreamed about in my past, I knew I had feelings for Jonghyun but I didn't know he felt the same way. We didn't start dating officially straight away but we already had a connection and it was fairly obvious to everyone around that we would be a item when I felt ready to take that next step.

I moved in with Jonghyun and it was like I could finally let me fantasy life become a reality. Jonghyun stuck by me through thick and thin, he helped me get a job, it wasn't anything really fancy. It was a simple clothing shop in town and I worked at the tills and helped put new stock out. It was only part time and short hours and not much pay but it was a huge step for me. It was a dream to work and I finally got to do it.

I got the job my self, I wanted to be independent and do it for my self. Jonghyun understood me completely and he stood on the side lines and would cheer me on and support with what choices I made. After five years of being in an unhappy marriage, I finally felt free, the chains that had surrounded my heart had broken and the shackles holding me back had been broke away.

I felt like a butterfly, free to roam and go where I wished and could do as I wanted. I got to meet new people and make friends. I got a job which I loved and even got me really into fashion, I swear Jonghyun got sick of looking at fashion magazines scattered all over the house back then. I slowly began to dream again and I wanted to become an editor for a fashion magazine. Jonghyun had been amazing, he really brought the former me out of my shell, he had already begun to crack the shell soon after we had met.

Everything felt so new to me, going out to dinner or joining friends in a cafe for a chat or even to a bar for some drinks. It was like I had been re born and was living life for the very first time. Eight months after being free from the man who held me prisoner and made me feel worthless, I took another step and became official with Jonghyun. No one was surprised as we always acted lovey dovey towards each other and shared many kisses and cuddles ( I love cuddles with my snuggly pup).

I did make Jonghyun wait before I jumped into bed with him though, I felt like a all over again and it was like I had never been ual before. I was scared and so shy to show my body but when the time came, Jonghyun was just the perfect gentleman and boyfriend. Wow is all I could say afterwards, if that is what making love felt like then wow.

That was the most thrilling, beautiful night of my life, I truly felt Jonghyun's love for me and it was the first time I didn't have to fake it in bed. The experience had blown my mind and I felt like I was floating on a bright pink fluffy cotton candy cloud. Two years after we became official, Jonghyun proposed to me. I was again speechless and scared, marriage scared me after trying it once. I knew Jonghyun wasn't like DooJoon in fact he was the complete opposite but I had my doubts and fears. Jonghyun seemed to understand and he told there would be no rush to go down the aisle.

I accepted his proposel on the fact we don't rush it, I couldn't handle another heart break and I couldn't of handled going back to my old life as a boring robot housewife. We waited another six months before planning anything, during that time, I got my self a job working as an editor for a fashion magazine. It took a lot of work but I did it on my own with Jonghyun's support.

Onew even came to visit and gave me and Jonghyun his blessing. In fact I found that Onew saw Jonghyun as a brother and became quite protective of him sometimes. Life was just pure bliss and the more I began to think about it, the more I wanted to marry Jonghyun. I knew it was the right thing I wanted and Jonghyun was a man I loved, cherished and wanted to spend my life with.

We had both been through bad marriages and both gotten divorced so it was a big step for both of us to marry again. Looking into those beautiful puppy eyes, I knew it was the only way to go and all I wanted. A husband who loves me and doesn't see as nothing more then a servant. We got married not long after I got my new job, we had a small wedding with friends and family and wow it was perfect.

Jonghyun looked so smart, he took my breath away even when he cried while we said our vows. It was nothing like my first wedding, everyone was happy and Jonghyun remained by my side through out the whole day. The moment the priest announced us as husband and husband, Jonghyun's smile was brighter then the sun and his eyes sparkled, he looked like he had just won at life and won the biggest jackpot in the world.

Everything felt so different, Jonghyun wasn't hiding in a cupboard while a girl went down on him. I wasn't left to sit by my self while everyone else danced and had fun. Jonghyun was with me dancing and I ended up dancing with most of our guest and family. Now we are close to our sixth wedding anniversary and I am just so happy over whelmed. Jonghyun still showers me with so much love, he taught me to cook all over again and we take turns to cook in the evenings.

Unlike DooJoon, Jonghyun isn't afraid to show me off to the world, he isn't ashamed or embarresed by me. He isn't scared to tell people that I am his beautiful husband. I wonder how I ever became so lucky to have met Jonghyun. Who knew the stranger in the cafe who's coffee and trifle I ruined ended up becoming the love of my life and giving me meaning.

I quite smoking not long after I moved in with Jonghyun, I smoked when I was stressed and found I didn't want to smoke any more now I had a friend and a lover. In a couple of weeks, me and Jonghyun are going to become parents and I beyond excited yet I am so scared I may do something wrong. We are adopting two beautiful girls who haven't had the best introduction to life.

We both fell in love with them and the girls seemed to like us a lot as well. I was ecstatic when the adoption agency called and told us we had been accepted. I always dreamed of having children, it was impossible with DooJoon. He never wanted kids but deep down I always wanted to adopt and it is like another wish of mine is coming true.

Jonghyun is just as ecstatic if not more so then me, he knows I am worried and have my doubts and he has his own doubts. It something so new to us, a new chapter of our life together but he is just such a positive man and I always end up calm and happy once he has spoken with me. Now I cannot wait to bring MiHyun (we nicknamed her Mimi) and Tzuyu home.

I really hope they will like their bedroom, me and Jonghyun spent hours painting the walls pink and white. It was fun to buy children's toys and clothing though, I felt like after going through such a tough time in life, I can finally help others also suffering the same way I used to suffer. I am going to fish up as this entry is huge, I have kept all of the notes and the song Jonghyun wrote for me.

They are all the lose papers in here. I am going to snuggle with my puppy now (snuggling is my favourite thing to do with Jonghyun). I just want to say thank you to fate for introducing my man into my life when I was at my lowest, my breaking point and giving me something and someone to live for.

                                                                                                          Kim "Key" Kibum 

"Wow so daddy did save dad from an ugly head then" Mimi whispered out with tears in her eyes. "Daddy was right when he said how they met was like a fairytale. Daddy saved dad from the dragon" Tzuyu replied and looked down as she tried not to cry.

Tzuyu sniffled and wiped her nose with her arm as she picked up the piece of paper with the song lyrics written on it. "Dad sure did say some naughty words in here. I wonder if daddy knows and would tell him off and punish like he would do to us" Mimi continued as he put the black diary on the floor.

She gazed at the piece of paper Tzuyu was holding and read the lyrics softly. The sounded so beautiful. It felt like the song was truly talking about their love and the girls couldn't believe such an idiot like their daddy could write something so beautiful.

I feel it when you're with me
It happens when you kiss me
That rare and gentle feeling that I feel inside
Your touch is soft and gentle
Your kiss is warm and tender
Whenever I am with you I think of butterflies

Love is like a butterfly
The multicolored moods of love are like it's satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing

Your laughter brings me sunshine
Everyday is spring time
And I am only happy when you are by my side
How precious is this love we share
How very precious, sweet and rare
Together we belong like daffodils and butterflies

Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicoloured moods of love are like it's satin wings Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing


"We are home" Key called out as him self and Jonghyun shuffled through the door. The girls quickly put back the paper and hid the diary back on the book shelf before dashing out to see their dads.

"Daddies" Both Tzuyu and Mini cried out happily as they jumped into their dad's arms. Tzuyu went to Jonghyun while Mimi held onto Key tightly and nuzzled her face into the crock of his neck. The two were shocked at how clingy their daughters where but shook it off, thinking the girls must of missed them lots over the weekend.

Mimi and Tzuyu became more proud and their love grew for their dad's. Reading the diary had opened their eyes and they admired the two men for pulling through such tough times. Just seeing them happy after all that had happened made the girls happy and made them extra clingy to Jonghyun and Key. The girls sighed and dreamed that one day they would find the same love their dad's shared.

"I think we have been missed Bummie" Jonghyun said softly before pecking his husbands lips. Jonghyun had surprised Key and took him away to Spain for the weekend as a special anniversary surprise.

It was a week later but neither could get the time off and enjoyed a nice meal that night instead. Jonghyun sighed when he saw Onew, Minho and Taemin crashed out on their sofa and arm chair. Key giggled at the sight of the old man and two kids passed out  asleep. "I think our girls must of been baby sitting for those three half the time we were gone Jjong" Key chuckled out at the sight.

The couple put their daughter's to bed, reading a bed time story and tucking them in tightly. They enjoyed the break in Spain but both were more excited to come home to their two beautiful girls. "I love you Kibummie, happy sixth anniversary baby" Jonghyun whispered once they got into the hall way. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around his husbands waist and leaned into kiss those soft, smooth bow shaped lips.

"I love you too Jjong. Happy anniversary and thank you for everything" Key replied  once their lips parted. Key couldn't stop smiling at his husband and pecking those plump lips once more before heading to their room to go to bed.

Every since he had been with Jonghyun, the smile never left the younger man's lips. This was all Key had ever wanted in life, to be married and happy and to live and enjoy life to the full. Key never saw DooJoon after that day he had hit the feline boy. Onew said the house was put up for sale not long after the divorce has been finalised.

Key never felt  more happy to see the back of his capture that had held him prisoner for so long. DooJoon always said fairy tales does not exist and that anyone who dreamed of a fairly tale like was just a stupid idiot who lived in a crazy world. Yet here Key was living out his fairy tale in real life to his dream prince, he was finally living in a fairy tale he had been dreaming about ever since he was a young boy who enjoyed capturing butterflies and then releasing them again.

Key never guessed that capturing butterflies  and then releasing them into the wild again when he was a little boy would become a vision of his life all these years later. Now he is a free to roam and flutter his wings only this time he has Jonghyun to spend his wings with and take an adventure into the wild together.

 


A/N Hello lovelies ^^

Thank you to all the subscribers and comments <3

Really hope you all enjoyed this fluff ^^

Comment, Subscribe and enjoy lovelies :D

P.s please send me request/ plot ideas for future Jongkey stories ^^