Are you sure you're here for udon?

Udon Boy

Eunhyuk had been going to The Udon Shop (A/N: No creativity I know.) for days repeatedly. He would order a bowl of udon,with extra soup,like he preferred and sit at the bench outside the shop despite the snowy weather. The Udon Boy would always stand beside the eating Eunhyuk and continue giving out flyers. The Udon Boy had a really...weird costume,he was dressed like a half tilted bowl,and the bowl had "udon". And he would always waddle around in the cold and give out flyers. This had been going on for one month. Eunhyuk eating at the bench after work - he taught breakdancing in a dance studio - and slurp his noodles,and Udon Boy would immediately go over and continue handing out flyers. They never spoke to each other.

 

Until a particular day,Eunhyuk was always at The Udon Shop at 4 in the afternoon. But today,he had come a bit too late,at 5:45 in fact. And it happened  to be the shop's closing time. He saw a chubby man locking up the shop and tapped the man on the shoulder.

 

"Excuse me,mister. Do you know where is the Udon Boy?" Eunhyuk asked awkwardly. The man turned around and had a surprised look on his face,but he just shook his head. Eunhyuk thanked the man and nodded,sitting on the bench,rather dissapointed.

 

The next few days he had been late each time all because of a recent competition he and his best friend,Donghae were training for. After his practise,he rushed,sweaty and limbs still aching to the shop and he still saw the same man from that day. Again,he asked the same question,and yet again,came the shake of the head.

 

"He still works here right?" Eunhyuk asked the man after three days of repeating the same process.

 

"Yes. If you come at 5:30 you might be able to see him." The man answered and nodded slightly before heading off. Eunhyuk frowned. He would have to ask Donghae to start training earlier so they could end earlier.

 

The next day,he arrived there at 5:29. Then he saw the Udon Boy taking off his costume. Eunhyuk's jaw dropped as the costumed revealed the man he had seen the past few evenings closing up the shop. Slightly furious,he stormed up to Udon Boy. "Hey you! Udon Boy! Why didn't you just tell me that you were...you?" Eunhyuk fumed,he didn't know why he was pissed off. Udon Boy smiled at the overreacting Eunhyuk.

 

"Because I'm scared if you know that I'm actually the fat boy you see closing the shop,you won't like me anymore. The Udon costume was just a cover to who I actually am." Udon Boy explained with a slightly sad smile. "You're going to poke fun of me because I'm fat right? Maybe thats why I hide in a costume everyday."

 

Eunhyuk felt a tug at his heart and hit Udon Boy's arm,and the latter looked at him in shock,he was about to go into a scolding for Eunhyuk not respecting elders when Eunhyuk hugged him. "I missed you,Udon Boy." He whispered. They let go of each other awhile later. "I don't care even if you're fat,I didn't know who you were,but I still liked you,I like sitting here eating noodles and watching you work even though we don't speak. I still like you. And I like you even more now that I know who you are." Eunhyuk confessed,a slight blush gracing his cheeks.

 

"I'm Shindong. You should come here more often." Udon boy,or Shindong,answered with a smile.

 

"Hey! I-I just said I liked you and you- Oh forget it." Eunhyuk huffed in embarassment and stormed off,surprisingly,Shindong grinned and pulled him back onto the bench,making the both of them sit down. Eunhyuk crossed his arms and stared at his feet.

 

"So are you going to tell me your name or am I going to call you Nameless Udon Addict?" Shindong teased.

 

Eunhyuk pouted. "I'm Eunhyuk. And I'm not a udon addict!"

 

"Oh really?" Shindong smirked. "Then why do you come here so often anyway?" Eunhyuk could only blush and stutter before changing the subject.