Final

Liar

Title: Liar

Genre: Angst

Word count: 8809 words

*Words in italic is Taehyung's thoughts and flashbacks*


 

If a cold wind where to blow

Then you scattered pieces 
Would be taken to a distance so far
The distance between me and you, I'M WALLY 2 WALLY

 

"Ouch"

I looked back to see who I ran into. Her. She picked up her books and looked up. Her eyes widened but tried to hide her shock. "Hey! Please look at where you are going next time!" Her short-haired friend sternly scolded me. "Hyerin-ah, do you know him? You look like you've seen him before." I darted my eyes back at her. For one moment, I saw that ever-so-vividly-remembered expression. That darn expression of hurt. At that instance, the events of that night replayed. Damn it, why is it replaying? Those emotions. The screams. That never-ending guilt. She quickly feigned ignorance after realizing I had noticed her expression, "Sunmi-ah, what are you talking about? I don't even know him!" She carried out her act with an awkward laugh. Lies. So I'm a stranger now huh? Ok fine. Let's play this game that two can play.

"Please get your facts right before saying anything. Like she said, we don't know each other. I don't have to spend time on you girls, so excuse me." I shouldn't be feeling this again. This guilt. No. Wait, this is a different kind of guilt. It's so different that it is killing me inside. Gosh, get your head straight Kim Taehyung! What are you doing? Argh. 

 

If I were to rewind time to when we knew nothing

Even if I want to hold onto you, my heart has already left
The hidden truth would have already fallen
Yes, I'm a fool, this is for sure

 


"Why did you do that?"

Hyerin stared at me with those hurt eyes. Tears dripped down her cheeks and she struggled to hold them back. In the past, when she cried, I would be the one to wipe her tears, but I can't. Not anymore. 

I looked down at the ground with soulless eyes, unable to speak. Guilt. That was all I felt. I HAD loved her, but now no more.

"Why? Why? WHY?"

I let her beat me, get angry, hate me as much as she wants to. She was innocent after all. It was my fault, my doing, for being like this, for making this happen. Hyerin sniffled in between her words of anger. The words repeated countless of times, those cursed words of anger. 

 

Even though you are by my side, I'm Lonely

All I do is stare, I'm Wally
There's nothing to be done, even if you say this isn't it, 
I'm sorry


 

"What happened to all those times, all those beautiful memories? Was I the only one in love? Was I the only one truly giving? What did I do? Tell me please." 

"I'm sorry," That's all I could say. Even if I don't say the truth, she knows it. And just like that, she left. Walked out of my life forever. I'm sorry, I truly am. 

 

I'm a bad lover who lied to you countless times

Don't fall in love with me
Go far away from me


 

I went back home and as I looked around, the scenes of our precious memories together unfolded before my eyes. 

I had woken up to a smell of food coming from the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes and sleepily walked towards the kitchen. I saw her at the stove making pancakes in my shirt that was way too big for her. I didn't like people wearing my clothes, but for her, I made exception. Well, she did look cute in my shirts. Her small petite size in my what-seemed-to-be-too-big-on-her shirt. Still groggy, I walked up to her and lazily wrapped my arms around her waist. "Good morning princess," I softly whispered in her ear.

I could feel her shiver and I smirked. "M-Morning," she stuttered. Ah, her weakness. She always felt weak when I do that, cute. I chuckled in her ear and she gave me a glare. She gets annoyed easily and dislikes me teasing her over anything. "Shut up." "Make me then." I smirked once again. "Oh, I will Kim Taehyung. Just you wait!" She switched off the fire from the stove and chased me around the house. I started laughing as she tried to catch me. I was a faster runner as compared to her, so I slowed down to give her a chance to catch me.

"Ha! Caught you!" She caught me from behind and started to tickle me. I yelped in surprise, "Why you.." And like that, I started tickling her back. The two of us started giggling and just then, I slipped on something. I feel down onto the ground, with Hyerin on top of me. Her lips were pressed onto mine and our eyes widened in surprise. Hyerin quickly got up and I could she her blushing. I could feel heat rising onto my cheeks too. If I ever told this to the rest of Bangtan, they would never stop teasing us about this...

Why are you even thinking about this? I ruffled my hair in frustration. You were the one who cheated on her, you don't love her anymore, so stop thinking about her! Just then, another memory flashed before me.

My phone rang and I took it out of my pocket. "Caller ID: Sohye babe <3" "," I mumbled. Hyerin had heard my phone ring and she poked her head out of my room. "Oppa, who called you?" I started panicking and without looking at her, I shouted back, "Er... No one. I-I'll answer it outside." 

And another flashed.

"Oppa, you're not cheating on me right?" Hyerin looked at me with hope in her eyes, hoping that I'll tell her no. I started sweating nervously and stuttered,"N-No, why would I? You're the only girl I love." I guess she kind of started being suspicious of my answer but still smiled widely. I could tell she felt a bit hurt but tried to cover it up. I'm sorry. 

 

Nothing is the same

A love that's cooled can't burn, right?
"I look for new excitement"
These words that are all lies
Stop talking like a fool

 

 

I walked down the hallways and put my books into the school's lockers. "Hey," I heard a voice behind the locker's door. I closed the door and looked at the figure. Hyerin. She smiled. "Long time no see, huh? It's been like how long?" She chuckled. It's been two years, and you are still beau- Shut up Kim Taehyung. I said hi back out of politeness. However, there was something in me, a tingling feeling, like fall- No. That can't be, you're over her remember? "So I was thinking, do you want to talk? Like catch up since we haven't talked to each other in a while now." I was surprised, I didn't think she would approach me like this. "I guess... Sure, why not?" I smirked. Hyerin nodded her head and the two of us walked towards the school's garden. 

"So how's life?" I turned towards her. "Good, my sister just got married last week. You remember her right, Hyorin?" Ah, her over-protective sister. Hyorin took care of Hyerin a lot since both of their parents were working. She was always there for Hyerin and Hyerin loved her very much. "Yeah, that's nice to hear. Who did she get married to?" "Oh, she got married to Soohyuk, remember the guy we used to ship her with? Yeah, they got together eventually. They were even dating behind our backs!" I chuckled, "How could I forget?" I guess I do miss us talking to each other about anything. It was always fun having conversations with her since it was always animated. The two of us were known to have 4D personalities. 

"So... Are you still with Sohye?" The atmosphere suddenly turned awkward. Hyerin looked down at the ground as we continued walking. "She... She left me for someone else..." All she could say was a simple "ah". "What about you? Have... have you found someone new?" I asked out of curiousity. Somehow, one part of me was hoping that she would say no. "Yeah, I have a crush on my friend's brother, Yiseong." I looked at her from the corner of my eye. Her hair was tied up into a high ponytail, and I could see that she wasn't blushing at all. You're lying again aren't you? "That's good to hear... I guess?" I could see that her face fell. Disappointed? Please don't tell me you're not over me... Stop lying. 

Suddenly, the bell rang, it's time for class. "Oh my! I have to rush for class now. Bye! Talk to you next time!" Hyerin ran off shouting. I was disappointed, but why? Please don't fall for me... I don't deserve you... Don't fall for a liar like me, please... 

 

Leave this rude guy's side already

There is more that you don't know, that would be bad
Even if you don't say it I understand, so why am I like this?



 

"How long have you been with her?" 

"Five... Five months..." I muttered. Hyerin looked down and she bit her lips, trying to hold back the tears. "Did-Did you..." "Don't ask. Just don't." Hyerin couldn't hold back the tears anymore and tears started to fall down her cheeks. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for not telling you earlier..." She didn't need to say anything else, I knew what she was going to ask, "You can go, if you need time." Mumbling a simple thanks, she walked out again. 

24th July 2013, the day she walked out of my life forever. Or so I had thought. Tears fell from my eyes without a reason. Why am I like this?

 

 

A farewell is not simple

The deeply carved anger and pain
I want to move on, without no regrets
I want to erase everything, even the good memories


 

I threw all our pictures away, all the gifts she gave me. Since we broke up, although not officially since we never really had a closure, I thought I had to remove every thing related to her from my life, starting from the objects related to her. I thought I had forgotten about our memories, but I didn't think I only pushed them at the back of my mind. "It's time to move on..." I knew there was still this feeling of longing in my heart and guilt but I chose to ignore them. Sohye should be the only one that mattered anyways. One part of me didn't what to throw them away but I had to. We are over. Goodbye Hyerin-ah... You were a great memory... 


It's been a year since we met each other again. We chose to remain as friends but we both knew we wanted this friendship to be more. I realized I didn't stop loving her, I was just too blinded by familiarity. I fell for her all over again and I regretted my stupid mistakes. I want to be with her again, but I'm afraid to hurt her once more. I long for her touch, her scent, her embrace in mine, her kisses, her everything. I want to touch her the way I did before but I can't. She's afraid too, but still has that longing and love for me. 

Hyerin-ah, you don't know how much I want you to be mine again, but I hope you can understand my decision. I don't want you to be hurt because of me again, I don't want to be the cause of your tears again. I've scarred and broke you heart before and I don't want to do it again. I love you so much that I don't want to hurt you again. Please find someone else to love, someone who won't hurt you like I did. I won't forget us... Love, your liar... 


Hi! This marks the end of this one-shot! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing this. This is something fresh that I did and I really hope I did a good job on this. I'm still improving and I hope you guys can give me some feedback on which areas I can improve on :) Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it :D 

-iel_kpop1