Final

First Love
First loves are never meant to be together. Young Taekwoon met young Hongbin when he was 10, the latter was 7. He fell for the innocent and bright boy but fate was cruel. The young boy had to move to a new town and soon lost contact with the other. Eventually as more time passes, the bittersweet young love faded and Taekwoon had already moved on, having dated many others.
 
Interestingly, 15 years later, they reunited. The younger started working in the same company as Taekwoon. At first, he was unsure about it. His new colleague shared the same name but the aura given out was completely different, strong yet refreshing. When he introduced himself as the manager, however, the surprised expression on Hongbin's face was not missed.
 
After the day ended, the ever curious Hongbin cautiously walked to Taekwoon's table.
 
“Umm, manager-nim. Can I ask you a question?” Taekwoon looked up from his work and motioned for the young man to continue.
 
“Are you perhaps, Taekwoon-hyung?”
 
“Binnie?”
 
“I was right!” the younger broke into a wide grin. “It felt different yet something was familiar about you!”
 
Taekwoon was too mesmerised by the smile that he forgot to stop staring, misleading the younger into thinking that he was upset.
 
“Sorry… I got carried away.” The older merely shook his head at the apology before giving him an awkward smile.
 
“Well, I guess we can catch up after I am done with this?” Taekwoon suggested and Hongbin nodded furiously.
 
“I can't believe we met each other again after so many years!” a drunk Hongbin exclaimed.
 
“Haha, fate I guess?” an equally drunk Taekwoon joked.
 
The younger flashed a big smile before crashing his lips against Taekwoon's. The intoxicated male returned the kiss fervently and soon they were making out without care of their surroundings.
 
“Hyung-ie~ You’re my first love, you know~” Hongbin slurred while clinging to Taekwoon. In response, the older moved to lightly on the other's neck, eliciting a soft moan from Hongbin.
 
“Hehe, you are my first love tooooo~”
 
-The next day-
The raven-haired male woke up with a splitting headache. The effects of over-drinking started to hit him.
 
God, it hurts like .
 
He shut his eyes back in pain before reopening them again to find a mop of black hair in front of him. A comfortable warmth embracing him and the light breathing hitting his chest made his heart beat erratically. He pinched himself and the pain confirmed his suspicions. Slowly, he tried to detach himself from the male hugging him, only to have the other snuggling closer.
 
Taekwoon mentally slapped himself. He willed himself to recall last night’s events and with every passing minute, his face turned paler.
 
One, he slept with his first love, Hongbin. Two, he slept with his colleague after only meeting him for one day. No matter how close they were when they were young, this was completely wrong. Regardless of how tempting the younger male was, he should have resisted.
 
But his lips were so soft… and he tasted delicious… Jung Taekwoon. You are supposed to be reflecting not reminiscing
 
He laid there, completely stiff. After some time, he felt hungry and his stomach growled, waking up Hongbin in the process. The handsome male rubbed his eyes before blinking them open slowly.
 
“Morning, hyung,” the younger said, making no move to shift himself away and instead buried his face into Taekwoon's chest.
 
*growl*
 
Taekwoon wanted to die of embarrassment when he heard it and the younger's shaking figure did nothing to alleviate his distress.
 
“Sorry… hahaha, I will let you go… hahaha,” Hongbin managed between his laughter while letting go of Taekwoon.
 
A very red Taekwoon quickly got off the bed, grabbing some pants from his drawers and left the room. Hongbin merely perched himself up with his elbows, watching appreciatively the form of the older.
 
The raven-haired male busied himself with making breakfast, he was so engrossed he did not sense the presence of Hongbin peeking behind him. As he turned around to grab something from the counter, he immediately went straight into Hongbin's arms. He went stiff and could not react, allowing the younger to hug him tightly while his arms hung by the side awkwardly. But as quick as it started, he was released at the same amount of time, leaving him confused. Smiling, Hongbin pointed at the hot pan that was heating up, causing Taekwoon to blush again at how he easily forgot what he was doing after a simple hug.
 
When he finally finished cooking, the two of them sat down to dig in. Hongbin ate happily, complimenting how good the food was while Taekwoon kept bending his head down from embarrassment and happiness.
 
The taller male stood by the door with a stoic face, watching the other put on his shoes at the entrance. Hongbin kept smiling but upon bending down to adjust his shoes, he felt a shot of pain at his spine and fell forward. But before his head could hit the door, a pair of warm arms held him steady and he came face to face to Taekwoon's concerned look.
 
“I think I should send you home. You are having problems standing now.”
 
“I am fine… It’s just been a while and I guess we sort of overdid it last night,” he replied, face turning pink and warm. Before the older could insist any further, Hongbin pecked his lips and left immediately, leaving Taekwoon completely dumbfounded.
 
But the happiness was short-lived. The following weeks after the incident did not change their relationship at all. It was as if nothing happened when Taekwoon treated Hongbin just like any other subordinates. Unable to understand the older’s actions, Hongbin sought his best friend, Wonshik's comfort, bursting into tears whenever he brought up the topic. Being quite the dense one, Wonshik could offer nothing as advice, resorting to sitting by the poor man's side and silently watching. Hongbin began to believe that Taekwoon merely thought of that night as an accident, a one-night stand. He stopped hoping for the older's love and turned his attention to work.
 
But the truth was, Taekwoon was an idiot. At least that was what Hakyeon said when the younger sought his advice. He was too afraid to ask the younger out and he was also unsure of what exactly they were. So he left it alone for months.
 
Three months after the night they slept together came the breaking point. Jaehwan, who had a crush on Hongbin, appeared. The man was everything Taekwoon was not. Bright, cheery and talkative, the complete opposite of Taekwoon.
 
While he did not work in the same company as Hongbin, he made an effort to come everyday in order to take Hongbin somewhere. The subtle flirting and skinship the older male witnessed made him extremely frustrated and jealous. There was a time when he flared up at the poor receptionist over something trivial just because he recalled Jaehwan pressing a kiss onto Hongbin's cheek the day before. The cute blush dusting the younger's face was not missed and Taekwoon was trying his best to not kill the other man.
 
Fortunately for him or perhaps not, he witnessed Jaehwan confessing to Hongbin. The younger became flustered before rejecting politely which Taekwoon could not hear from where he was standing. Jaehwan gave an understanding smile, turning to leave but not before he once again pecked Hongbin's cheek. An irrational Taekwoon stormed towards the younger when Jaehwan left, no longer caring about how he probably looked. He pushed the younger against the wall and questioned him angrily.
 
“So you slept with me but you like him?”
 
Hongbin blinked his eyes innocently, clearly confused.
 
“Answer me,” Taekwoon pressed for an answered, anger painting his face.
 
The handsome male frowned before pushing him away. “Why do you care anyway? You didn't even said anything after that.” His voice was firm and he glared at the older.
 
Taekwoon flinched, guilt immediately filled his stomach. Who was he to question the younger when he said nothing and did nothing after that day. He took a step back, thinking of letting Hongbin leave but stopped when the latter started crying.
 
“I waited for you to say something,” he choked out between his sobs. “But there was nothing. You treated me just like everyone else.”
 
On instinct, Taekwoon moved to hold the younger, only to be met with resistance. Struggling to break free, Hongbin begged the older to stop giving him hope and to tell him that their feelings were different but Taekwoon only held him tighter. Weak and tired from the distress he felt for the past few months, the shorter male soon relaxed into Taekwoon's hold, tears soaking the clean dress shirt the older was wearing.
 
“I am sorry,” a soft voice started. “I wanted to say something but I was not brave enough. I know it might be too late but I really do love you. Not because you are my first love. I just do.”
 
Lifting his head, Hongbin met the eyes of Taekwoon and turned red when he saw how intense they were. He got lost in them and allowed his lips to be claimed by the same man three months ago but in a much sweeter way.
 
~3 months later at an amusement park~
 
An overly enthusiastic Hongbin dragged his childishly playful boyfriend around, trying out almost every ride. They were about to take on another attraction when they saw Jaehwan with a taller but younger male.
 
“Oh, Jaehwan-hyung! Over here!” Hongbin waved frantically.
 
The cheerful man made his way over with his companion and greeted them brightly.
 
“It’s been a while! Hi, meet my boyfriend, Han Sanghyuk,” Jaehwan started.
 
“Your boyfriend?” Hongbin tilted his head slightly, an incredibly adorable action in Taekwoon's eyes.
 
“Yup, we have been dating for almost a year!” Sanghyuk added happily, “it will be so next week but we are celebrating in advance.”
 
“Wait, then why did you ask Bin out back then?” Taekwoon asked, feeling puzzled.
 
Smirking, Sanghyuk and Jaehwan began.
“Well… Wonshik might have let it slipped that you were having some love problems~”
“I came out with the plan to make the mysterious crush jealous and had Jaehwan-hyung become the actor.”
 
“Why you little piece of -” Hongbin began to hit the other two, only to watch them escaped in front of his eyes. He wanted to give chase but Taekwoon pulled him along.
 
“Hyung~~~” he whined.
 
“Well it's not a bad thing since I can hold your hand and you every day thanks to them,” Taekwoon stated in a matter-of-fact tone.
 
Protesting no more, the slightly embarrassed Hongbin shifted their hands a little to allowed both their fingers to interlace tightly together before heading for the next ride.


 

This concludes the story. For now there is no continuation of this story, I felt that it was nice just writing a one shot.

I will probably write happier stories with mild drama in the future? It kind of depends on whether I find inspiration >< I will avoid sad endings, the last time I did that for my other Leobin fic, many of my subscribers enthuasistically left me comments... Haha, not that I hate them, I also prefer happy endings.

Thanks for reading! :D