Fin.

Stress Relieve (Mingyu) {Seventeen}

It was a normal Friday noon, school would finish soon and you were more than ready for the weekend, school was kind of hard to you at the moment as it was that time of year again to make test after test and make assignment after assignment. To say that you were stressed was an understatement. You just had that kind of busy life, from school to cheerleading to keeping yourself and your boyfriend happy. It just wasn't always easy for you and you knew that that was what life is like. Doesn't mean that you are happy with it. Especially when your boyfriend wasn't around as much as you needed him to be. He was someone even busier than that you were, thanks to his idol life. His life became just more and more crazy ever since he made his debut with the twelve other members of Seventeen. Though you couldn't be prouder of him for living his dream, you couldn't help but wish that he would be around a little more. Even when it was just a good morning or good night text that would be enough. He used to send you those every day again, but it has been four days since you last heard from him and you were seriously starting to get worried about him. He never ignored your texts or calls before. But there was nothing you could do about it other than belief Wonwoo, one of your and his best friends, that he was a-okay. He was just busy and would call you sooner rather than later. As much as you wanted to believe that, you didn't want to get up your hopes all too much as getting hurt was not something that you needed to add to the list of things that were bothering at this very moment. People around you, mostly your teammates, were telling you that it was normal for an idol to be busy, they do have tight and hard to follow schedules after all.

You twisted your pen in the palm of your hands, looking up at the clock that was above your teacher, who was talking about some mathematical problem you couldn't care less for at the moment. Ten minutes left, ten minutes and you could go home. Ten minutes and you could have your well-deserved break from all the school drama, ten minutes until you could walk your way home with the sun shining down on you. It would be nice to just rest as much as possible over the time that you have got in the weekend. You didn't have a lot of homework for the next week so that relaxing part could finally come true after weeks on end of doing nothing more than school work. You started to stare off into space, as the thick and low voice of your teacher disappeared in the air around you. Come to think of it, it is a wonder that you actually became his girlfriend. If it wasn't for the help of Wonwoo and Seungcheol the two of you would be nothing more than friends. The two of them saw the emotions and feelings that were playing between you and him, but as neither him or you would act on them they thought that it was a good idea to literally lock the two of you up. They wouldn't let you out before you had talked it out. It took a good while and you had fallen asleep with your head on his lap. It was late and you didn't get a lot of sleep the nights before, seeing that you seemed to be so sleepy, he offered you to take a nap. It was ten minutes in when you heard his soft voice as he spoke out your name in a whisper. "Van?" You decided to keep your act up for now, partly because you were really just a bit too tired to answer, well that and irritated that your best friend dared it to lock you up in a room with the boy you had been crushing on for the past few months. "Thanhvan, are you asleep?" When you still didn't answer, his hand started to play with your hair. "Aish, I should have know that they would do this sooner or later. I'm sorry that you are here thanks to my feelings." His voice was soft, just above a whisper. It was as if he didn't want to wake you up with his words. Though you could hear every single word of it, as you felt your cheeks heat up a bit. "I can't believe that I'm confessing to you this way, while you are napping, but I might as well. I'm in love with you Thanhvan. I don't know when or how it happened, but the feelings that I have towards you just went from good friends to 'I want to protect her and make her happy' one day." He paused for a second. "I guess that I was just a big of a to tell you about it before. I guess that I was just scared of ruining a perfectly good friendship. And I still am, as I am talking to you while you are asleep." You turned your head in his lap, opening your eyes you looked up to his face. "Bro, you are being way too cheesy." "Yah! You weren't asleep?" "Well, obviously not when I heard everything you just said." He removed his hand from your hair, looking away from your face after that. "Yeah, about that. If you don't feel the same, that's okay. We can just forget about what just happened and move on with our lives." You moved up, now facing in on his eye level. You placed your hand on his cheek, cherishing it before turning his face your way so he would look you in the eyes again. "Bro, why would I even want that? Just for your information, I have been crushing on you too Mingyu." You said, before pressing your lips against his, ever so softly. When his lips pressed back on yours, while his arms s around your waist, you smiled a bit against his lips. And that was pretty much the moment that Wonwoo opened the door. "Oh, am I ruining a moment here?" You parted from Mingyu before looking at Wonwoo. "Well, what do you think mister 'better lock up two of my best friends'." "Hey, it worked though." though." You rolled your eyes before getting up from the place you were seated. Taking Mingyu his hand to help him up. "Let's get out of here. We both still need to eat." You said, giving him a smile before leaving Wonwoo behind.

It was when the bell rang that you were awoken from your thoughts. You packed your bag as fast as you could when you saw that the classroom was almost empty already. After getting your stuff from your locker, and putting your leather jacket over your shoulders as it might be spring but the weather was not at its best, you made your way outside. Putting in your headphones before starting to make your way home. At least, that was the plan until you felt a hand on your wrist, stopping you from walking a step more. You looked behind you, and that's when you saw a smiling Mingyu, shades on to protect his eyes from the brightly shining sun. "I can't believe that you ignored me even when I called out your name Van." He said as he let go of your wrist before pulling you into a tight hug. "I missed you baby, so much." "Yeah, that's why you ignored all my calls and texts." baby, so much." "Yeah, that's why you ignored all my calls and texts." You said, sarcasm clearly in your voice. "I guess that I have some explaining to do, isn't it." He pulled away from the hug, taking your hand afterwards. "Let's talk while I walk you home." And that's how the two of you started walking, his fingers tangled with your fingers while taking the long way home as you didn't know if Mingyu would stay and every minute more with him would be worth a minute more walking. "I really wanted to reply to you, but I did want to surprise you too. You know what day it is today, right?" "Wait, I forgot something?" "Yah! We have been together for one year and a half!" He looked at you, eyes faintly visible behind his glasses. You could see that he was playing to be offended, as you could see that little sparkle in his eyes. Even when you couldn't see his eyes that well, as his voice tone was saying enough. "I'm sorry Mingyu. I have been caught up in a lot of things lately. I have been stressed out for the last few weeks." He chuckled, before messing your hair up with his free hand. "It's okay, I know how stressed out you have been. That's also why I wanted to surprise you too. I thought that you would deserve it after all those tests and assignments." "And here we go again with you being a cheesy dude." "Can I be cheesy with my girlfriend when I want to be?" You gave the man a slight nudge before grabbing your keys as you were right in front of your house.

The scent of faint roses hit you as soon as you opened the door. "Mingyu, what did you do?" You asked while walking into your house. "I set up a little surprise, didn't I tell you that I wanted to surprise you?" "How did you even get my parents to agree with this?" The question hang in the air while you walked into the living room, a bouquet of light pink, yellow and red roses was placed on the table which explained the faint scent of roses you could smell earlier. Next to the roses was a little velvet box, too big for a ring but small enough for any other jewellery. Candles were lit while there was soft music in the back ground. "Never mind how you got my parents to agree, how did you even get all this stuff ready when I knew from Wonwoo that you were really busy with practicing and working on your comeback." "Wonwoo can lie from time to time too you know. I asked him to keep it a secret, he even helped me put up the stuff." "I can't believe how cheesy and overly cute the two of you are. You are in the hip-hop unit, aren't you supposed to be bad ?" He took off his sunglasses before rolling his eyes. "You know how soft-hearted I am when it comes to you Yagi. I can't help but to give my girlfriend the things she deserves and cheesy dates are part of that. As for your parents, I of course asked them if it was okay if I did this. They are now having a lovely day themselves." "I can't believe that you really did this. Thank you." asked them if it was okay if I did this. They are now having a lovely day themselves." "I can't believe that you really did this. Thank you." He smiled, before he warped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer towards him and leaning in stopping just before his lips would touch yours. "There is no need to thank me baby. I love you so much." baby. I love you so much." The words left his mouth in a whisper, warm breath hitting your mouth, before he pressed his lips against yours. Sharing a passionate kiss with you. "Now let's make the rest of this day all about you, shall we? You deserve some stress relieve." He said as soon as he parted from you, his arms still around you. "So, I have picked out your favorite movies to watch, we can eat your favorite food for dinner and I will be here until tomorrow noon, so that means a lot of cuddling and maybe a message to make those tense muscles of yours less tense." Mingyu said while drawing little circles on your sides. "Well, I can't say not to all of that." He smiled before picking you up, earning a surprised little 'scream' from you, before he sat down on the couch with you on his lap, knowing how much you loved being close to him and it was honestly rather comfortable for him too. "But wait, what's in the box?" He grabbed the little box from the table, while being sure that you didn't fall off his lap, and presented it to you after that. "It's a little present for you as we have been together for a year and a half." You opened the box, a little silver necklace was inside of it. Dangling from it was a silver music note with a little glittering stone in the middle of it. It was something that was rather cute, it did make a statement while still being humble. "A music note?" "Well, yes. I know how much you love to dance and as music is my passion. I just taught that it would fit the both of us, and I hoped that you maybe would think of me whenever you would wear it." You chuckled when you saw that he actually became a bit shy. "Thank you so much Mingyu, I love it." You said before taking the necklace out of the box and clasping it around your neck.

And that's pretty much how the whole noon and evening was spent. You in Mingyu his arms, while he played with your hair. Your favourite movies playing on the TV like promised and him even giving you that message. He pretty much did everything to make you less stressed and he made that whole date about you. And it did really work too, him just being there with his arms around him was enough for you to relax in an instant. "Mingyu?" It was nearing midnight, your parents came home about an hour ago and went to bed not much later, worn out from their own date day. Mingyu and you were still on the couch in front of the TV, only now you were laying in his arms, him holding you close and your legs tangled with his. Your head on his chest while you could hear his heart beating calmly. He looked down at you, a tired smile on his face. "Yeah Yagi?" "Thank you so much for today. It really means a lot to me that you did this for me, even when you have such a busy time now that your comeback is around the corner. I love you so much Mingyu." His smile grew bigger, before he pressed a kiss to your forehead. "I love you too Baby, thank you for always supporting me even when I know that this 'celebrity' life is hard on you too. I know that it's hard for you too to not see me as much as you used to anymore. I mean, I'm pretty sure that you miss me as much as I miss you in the time I'm not able to meet up with you." "Yes, it can be hard from time to time, especially when I'm stressed out like I was the last few days. But I couldn't be prouder of you for making your dreams come true Mingyu. Yes, I do miss you. A lot actually, but I also know how happy you are when you are busy with you job and I just want you to be happy as possible, even if that means that I can't see you as much as someone would normally would in a relationship." "Thank you so much for understanding. I knew that you would, but hearing it from you actually makes me so happy. But, know that I am always here for you okay, even when I am on tour, or when I am in practice or whatever. I will always make time for you. You are honestly one of the most important persons in my life. Thank you for loving me." You smiled, before leaning in for his lips, sharing one more passionate kiss before you went back to cuddling with him. Yes, it wasn't the most easy thing to date an upcoming idol, but loving and being with Mingyu was something you wouldn't change for anything easier or anything else in general.