Copy That

Do You Copy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Mina Unnie!"
A short 6 year old kid stopped out of breath in front of the girl, a silly grin on her face. The 8 year old, who had been reading on a swing at the park, looked at the shorty with a gummy smile and warm eyes. Mina knew the girl too well, Chaeyoung had something to show her. Mina had seen that smile often and she adored it, usually it would either be a new rap she was working on or a drawing. Mina would always look forward to Chaeyoung showing her something new, this time it didn't seem like what she had to show was a rap or a drawing however, since little Chaeyoung had a box in her arms. 

"What do you have to show me Chaengie?" 
The girl of Japanese descent asked setting her book aside and carefully watching her friend. Chaeyoung grinned and quickly set down the box and opened it hastily, taking the contents she proudly showed them off. They where a pair of Walkie Talkies, one had a penguin sticker and the other had a strawberry one. Mina looked at the girl with a confused look taking the Walkie Talkie being handed to her. Chaeyoung ran to the other side of the park leaving a confused Mina looking at the Walkie Talkie with the penguin sticker strangely. 

"Penguin. Strawberry Princess reporting. Do you copy?" 
Out of the Walkie Talkie a small and cheerful voice was heard, making Mina's smile widen. She chuckled and pressed the button to speak.

"Penguin? Can't we just use our normal names?" Mina laughed, although Chaeyoung was far from her she could still see that the short girl was frowning. 

"No! You use code names, like in the army! Your code name is Penguin!" Chaeyoung's whiny voice was heard clearly by Mina, the girl was frustrated that Mina didn't get the concept right away.  She stubbornly delivered an "Over." Almost forgetting because of her whining.

"Alright! But since you chose mine I'm choosing yours." Mina said with a smirk. Chaeyoung reluctantly agreed after scolding Mina for not saying "Over." Mina brought the Walkie Talkie closer to as she looked at where Chaeyoung was. "Dwarf, Penguin reporting. Over"

"Yah! I'm not going to be a Dwarf forever! I'm going to grow!! Over!!" 
Chaeyoung said through the speaker, clearly not pleased by being called a Dwarf by Mina. Even if she got annoyed at kids teasing her about her height when it was Mina doing the teasing she didn't mind. Chaeyoung had run back to Mina and sat on the swing next to her. "The woman who sold them to me told me that we could for sure talk with these even if we are in our houses. When you can't sleep or just want to talk to me use it!" 

Mina smiled and nodded, Chaeyoung was being rather sheepish. The younger knew that her older friend usually had trouble sleeping when she was stressed and since Mina's ballet competition was coming up Mina was getting stressed out. Mina stood up from the swing and went to hug her short friend. 

"Thank you Chaeyoungie."
Mina said sincerely causing Chaeyoung to grin widely. The two kids played together with their new toys, Chaeyoung deciding they would act as if they where in an Army mission. The sun was going down so the two kids made their way to their houses, Mina held her Walkie Talkie tightly, happy to have gotten such a gift from Chaeyoung. "You where a really cool Soilder Chaengie, totally my style." Mina said in a playful way, nudging Chaeyoung with her elbow.

"Really?! Mina Unnie likes Soilders?" 
Chaeyoung asked looking at Mina with wide open eyes, after receiving a small nod from Mina, Chaeyoung suddenly saluted her friend. "Then I'll become a Soilder for Mina Unnie!" Mina became somewhat embarrassed due to Chaeyoung deciding to become a Soilder for Mina's sake, yet it made her utterly happy. 
Night arrived and sound of static followed by Mina's timid voice filled Chaeyoung's room. A simple 'I can't sleep' from her caused a hushed conversation with the Walkie Talkies Chaeyoung had gotten, the younger was trying her hardest to remain awake. She would bear with the tiredness the next day, she didn't mind, Mina needed her and Chaeyoung would talk until the ballerina fell asleep. Anything for Mina. 

Chaeyoung and Mina where still kids, kids that dreamed big without really knowing the path they would have to follow to be able to achieve them. Kids that didn't know the meaning of the words they spoke. As kids they where very oblivious to the world, they where impulsive and they didn't truly know what they wanted. One second they might want that new game they saw on TV, a minute later they would rather have a toy they saw while walking down the shopping streets. Yet the two always knew that they wanted to be at each other's side forever, and that wouldn't change a minute, an hour, a day, month or even a year later.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Her head rested on the palm of her hand, her eye lids felt heavier, and the words coming from her teacher's mouth lulled her nearly to sleep. The lunch bell loudly awoke the half asleep student, startled she sat up straight and watched how the students left for the cafeteria hurriedly. Mina was still disoriented, she was finally able to awake completely thanks to a familiar static followed by a familiar voice. 

"Penguin Unnie, your Dwarf is in the nurse's office." The familiar voice spoke making Mina hurriedly grab the familiar device. Although it wasn't the same Walkie Talkie a 6 year old Chaeyoung had given her 9 years ago, the device was still all too familiar to her. "What?! What happened to her this time?" Mina hurriedly grabbed her things and ran to the nurse's office while the girl in the other line caught her up as to why the Dwarf was in the nurse's office. 

"Mina Unnie~" 
A short black haired girl happily greeted her Unnie, her tone of voice was cutesy yet you could tell it carried some guilt with it. Mina glared at Chaeyoung walking over to her. 

"Thank you for bringing her Tzuyu, you can go I'll deal with her from here." 
Tzuyu simply nodded, she mouthed a 'good luck' to a terrified Chaeyoung. 

Chaeyoung had gotten into a fight. Her third one that month. Mina sighed as Chaeyoung started to explain herself while Mina treated the shorter one's wounds since the nurse was nowhere in sight, some kids where bullying Somi again. Chaeyoung truly hated when some kids in her class would say mean things about Somi since the girl was half Korean and half Canadian, Somi was such a bright and bubbly girl and really good friends with Chaeyoung. She really didn't deserve the bullying.

"I had to help Unnie! I'm tired of them bothering Somi." 
Chaeyoung said with a pout as Mina cleaned the wounds on Chaeyoung's hand, holding it gently causing the younger's cheeks to turn a pinkish color. Mina softly shook her head, as much as she wanted to get angry and scold the younger she couldn’t, a part of her admired how Chaeyoung would stand up for her friends without fear.

"Alright, alright. Somi is really lucky to have you as a friend, are you trying to become a superhero or something?" 
Mina lightly chuckled as she moved on to tread the wounds on Chaeyoung's face, trying her hardest to appear calm since their faces where inches apart. Chaeyoung was also trying her hardest not to blush.

"Yah! I'm going to be a Soilder Unnie, Soilders are peacemakers. You need to protect the weak as a Soilder!"
Chaeyoung said proudly, the short kid had kept up her promise of being a Soilder for Mina. Mina rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath about how Chaeyoung was going to be a troublesome Soilder. "Mina Unnie, your face is very close to mine. I heard you clearly." The short girl said with a pout.

"I know you did Chaeyoungie. You'll be a troublesome Soilder that will bring a lot of money to hospitals." Mina said with a chuckle as she put the nurse's stuff away. Chaeyoung stood up and walked over to Mina. 

"You should become a doctor then, that way I'll see you often." Chaeyoung's smiled, knowing that Mina was more than capable of being a doctor given her grades and caring nature. Her innocent smile turned into a small smirk, mischievousness clear in her eyes. "You also looked rather y taking care of my wounds Unnie~"

Chaeyoung left a flustered Mina behind as she made her way quickly out of the nurse's office, Mina didn't have to see the blush that was forming on her cheeks. Thinking she successfully made her escape and maintained her "Cool Kid" reputation intact she bumped into a tall, familiar figure.

"So your Penguin Unnie was y while treating your wounds huh? Is that why you want her to be a doctor?" Tzuyu asked the dwarf teasingly making Chaeyoung's face turn a bright red. Chaeyoung was speechless, her devilish friend had overheard her conversation with Mina and she was going to endlessly tease the shorter one about it.

"Shut up! Let's just go back to training..." Chaeyoung said still embarrassed, a snickering Taiwanese girl trailing behind teasing the other on the way. Chaeyoung had met Tzuyu in their school's special Army training program, a way to allow students that where sure of joining the army to get proper training early. The students in the program where already registered as offi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter