Chapter 1

Capture The Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You'll have to expect a lot of offers from now on. Be it photoshoots, cf's or fashion shows." Doyeon's manager told her. It was a day after the fashion survival show ended. The survival show was hell to Doyeon and she was more than relieved that it finally came to an end. She thought about quitting in the middle of the show but her agency was against it. Her manager believed that Doyeon had the potential and she wanted her to just go with the flow--she ended up taking the trophy and the cash prize home. Other than receiving 100,000,000₩, she also won a cover shoot and editorial in Vogue Korea. It was a huge deal for Doyeon and her agency. She thought it was like the official start of her modeling career. 

-

The dorm was empty, seemed like the other girls had a schedule that day. Having opened her room, she jumped onto her bed with a smile on her face. She had missed the dorm so much. Good to be back. 

She felt her phone vibrating in her jeans' pocket. It was her manager. "Good news! Wear the dress I bought you yesterday and get ready. I'm picking you up in 30 minutes." 

Good news, my .

The manager hung up before Doyeon could ask anything about it. She was just about to get some sleep but nevermind, she thought. 

Just when she finished doing her makeup, her manager arrived. The sound of the car horn was annoying to Doyeon's ears. She groaned and got out of her room with her sling bag. She locked the dorm and got inside the car.

"What is it? I thought I don't have any schedule today." The last sentence sounded more like a question. 

Her manager focused her eyes back to the road and answered, "An interview with OnStyle."

She looked at Doyeon who had been frowning ever since she entered the car, "What are you so mad about? Smile! You can rest later after the interview."

"Okay!" She realized it was just her mood swing again. 

The interview went well, better than expected. The interviewer was nice and Doyeon didn't get any weird questions, thankfully. She answered all questions like how her manager had trained her. She sighed in relief as she could finally get some sleep. 

-

Doyeon had a photoshoot with 1st Look Magazine the next day. She felt honored to be able to be the cover of the following month's issue of this magazine. Unlike the day before, she felt excited rather than annoyed to actually have a schedule. She did her makeup naturally--she didn't have to do much since the magazine's makeup artists were going to do it for her anyway. 

Arrived on set, she bowed to everyone while saying her greetings. Her manager who was just beside her went missing and she didn't know what to do so she just looked around the place of the photoshoot and thought about several poses she might do later. While she was wandering, Doyeon felt a tap on her shoulder. It was her manager. "Doyeon, say hi. This is the Chief Editor of 1st Look."

Doyeon bowed 90 degrees and said her greetings. "Nice to meet you. I'm honored to be able to work with you." 

"Oh, this is our rookie photographer, Choi Yoojung." A girl shorter than her appeared out of nowhere. She could tell that she was about her age. 

Doyeon grinned and offered a hand, "Nice to meet you. I'm Doyeon." 

"Nice to meet you too." Yoojung answered in a shy manner.  Her hands feel so soft.

"She's new and very young but she's really good so you won't have to worry!" They all just laughed at what the Chief Editor just said. Doyeon thought that she was such a bright person and it lessened her nervousness on set. 

The Chief Editor left to talk with the hairstylist and Yoojung went to check the camera. Doyeon was told to get her makeup and hair done. 

Wow, she's so pretty. Yoojung admired her new client from afar. She had seen Doyeon on TV before but that was the first time seeing her in person. She thought it wouldn't be possible for Doyeon to get any prettier -- she was wrong. She looked even more gorgeous in that colorful dress after getting all styled up. 

She was already too pretty to begin with. Makeup didn't do much. It's in her genes.

"Choi Yoojung!" The Chief Editor was suddenly standing in front of her. "What are you doing? I've been calling you from there, you know?"

She was startled to have the Chief Editor blocking her view. Feeling guilty, she bowed and apologized. "Thank God you're cute." 

Yoojung's lips curved into a shy smile. "This is only our third time working with each other. Make sure you do well. She just won Model's Runway so she's popular these days. All eyes are on her." 

She said yes and nodded. Will I do well? I hope so. 

She was nervous, unlike usual. Kim Doyeon's impact. She didn't realize that the Chief Editor was still standing there, checking the props. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. I think she's the same age with you. I think it'll be okay if you talk to her comfortably. She seems nice." 

 

The lights were all set. The camera was ready. The concept for that day's photoshoot was girl crush. Who chose that concept? Was that the Chief Editor's idea? Because, what a brilliant concept. 

Doyeon was all dolled up, ready for work. Her round face was glowing with overflowing beauty. Her thin lips highlighted by a beautiful shade of red. Her big brown eyes looked mesmerizing. Her long black hair fell perfectly about her shoulders, almost to her waist. The simple but colorful dress didn't look so ordinary after she wore it -- it looked extraordinary.

And the photoshoot began. Yoojung was carefully capturing Doyeon's moves behind the lens. She could see how photogenic her client was. At that moment, she became even more sure that Doyeon deserved to be the winner. 

They paused after some photos were taken. Yoojung's eyes were fixed on the computer screen in front of her. Her index finger was busy clicking the mouse. She was making sure that only good shots were taken. Doyeon would stand beside Yoojung to check if she did a great job posing and Yoojung's heartbeat would increase rapidly whenever the model got a little too close. 

The photoshoot continued for hours with changing wardrobe, hair and props. Usually, Yoojung would get tired after two rounds of photoshoot, but not that day. Truthfully, she didn't want to stop. It was as if her fingers were obsessed to press the camera button -- taking pictures of the beautiful girl in front of her. 


"You've all worked hard, thank you." Doyeon said to the crews while bowing several times after the photoshoot ended. Her eyes met Yoojung's. Being the shy girl she was, Yoojung quickly looked away and pretended to be busy with the camera set before walking away. 

Doyeon noticed her attitude and called her in a formal w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter