The Holder of the Keys to Heaven

Unfathomable Beginning

 

I’m sure you’ll be.

You were confounded when a voice suddenly came from behind. Your spines shivered like you’ve never felt before due to the sudden rush of blood. Your heart started pumping crazily. You were never used to these kinds of surprises. After all, you were sure that nobody’s in that isolated room aside from you after the kids left. You thought of ghosts, naturally. But on second thought, why is the voice rather calm and assuring? Are ghosts these sweet?

But convinced that a real man does not fear ghosts, you slowly turn to see whose voice it was. Shaking, you shut your eyes as you do. Then when you thought your body was already facing the mysterious person, you opened your eyes little by little.

With one deep sigh, you realized that you were afraid for nothing; for in front of you were a very charming man whose charisma is overflowing. He was smiling sincerely, making his pair of deep and spellbinding dimples visible. However, it is his thick eyebrows which are definitely noticeable. 

The man was taller than you. Maybe it’s a difference of a foot or two. His hair was like an improvised version of the dreadlocks, minus the locks. It was more of a broom to you but amazingly, it goes so well with the black long sleeved jacket he’s wearing. Despite being covered, you could actually tell that this man has a well built body.

I’m sorry? Despite the enthrallment, you wanted to make sure of what he said.

The young man sat at the bench by the hallway. You followed in search for an answer; but unknowingly, you occupied the chair beside him, as if you were looking forward to a good conversation with a seemingly sensible man.

You said a prayer. I just assured you that it will happen. He smiled again as he spoke, but this time you noticed the black book he was carrying. Seeing the curious look on your eyes, he opened the book on a certain page and said, “It’s written here: Trust in the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed, pointing at a certain stanza, I just said what I thought based on my bible.”

Trying to stop yourself from smiling, you took the bible and read it silently. As you did, you were surprised to see most of the lines highlighted by colors of blue, yellow green and pink. You turned to other pages and saw that the same thing applies to other parts of the book. The crease on your forehead appeared. How can this man do this to a bible?

As though he knows what you’re asking mentally, the young man started speaking, ‘a bible isn’t just used for reading. It’s actually good to have it highlighted so that you will get to easily see the quotes you’ll be looking for someday.’

Then you understood.

God isn’t a selfish God, after all. If He knows that what you ask for is possible and just right for you, you will receive it in no time. If not, you know you would have to go through a lot of challenges which goal is to drift you back to the right path. But most of the time, what we really want, we get it.

That’s why when you wished that you want to be a hyung to the kids you saw earlier, this young man agreed without reluctance – as if he knows the future…

Heh. A smirk just escaped from your mouth, but it means no evil. You just gained a short realization. Aside from a free lesson about dreams coming true - from yourself, you learned tips on how to become a better person.

His phone rang and a few minutes after conversing with the other line, he waved you goodbye. Then, suddenly two women came. They must be in their early 20s, each holding a blue coat in a hanger. One went to you, one signalled the bible man to come. He obediently walked to the lady.

The other girl who approached you asked you to wear the coat. Submissively and without any idea, you put it on through her help. It’s the same thing that the other lady instructed the bible man to do. You shrugged your head as you face the lady who was assisting you.

He must have been holding the keys to heaven…

You told yourself; but as you look at the bible man again, you saw him taking his shirt off, trying to seduce the woman in an obviously joking manner.

…or not. You snorted.