END

Under That Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She held her arms in pain while running away from the group of man who smuggle drugs into the country. She got stabbed twice on the arm, kicked on the ribs so hard her ribs probably broke, and a knock on her head which made her black out for a few moments.

 

However she was a strong woman, such injuries won't stop her, such injuries won't bring her down, such injuries won't take her life away. She kept running on the streets and into a clinic. 

 

The clinic was the only shop that has dim lights on. It was about three in the morning and all the shops had closed, except this clinic.

 

She ran into the clinic and immediately the nurse called their resident doctor to tend to the injured girl. 

 

"What happened to her?!" The doctor asked, helping the girl into the consultation room.

 

"I'm not sure, Dr Yoona. Do you need me to call the ambulance?" The nursed asked.

 

"No.. Don't.. I can't go to the hospital..." The injured girl said, Yoona looked at her with suspicion. 

 

"You may leave first. I'll take care of her." Yoona said and her nurse did as she was told. 

 

"What is your name?" Yoona asked after assuring her that the nurse had left.

 

She was still reluctant to reveal her name, until Yoona spoke up, "If you don't tell me your name, I will call the ambulance and send you to the hospital."

 

"Don't. I'm Yuri." 

 

Yoona was about to take Yuri's mask off but got stopped by her.

 

"Why? I need to check if your face has any injuries." Truth is more than that, Yoona wanted to see Yuri's face. She has a feeling Yuri is a beauty.

 

"No. I'm not injured on my face. Just treat my wounds and my possibly broken ribs." Yuri said in a cold voice.

 

"Gosh... How many times have you got kicked in the ribs that you're so sure it's broken?" Yoona said and Yuri let out a small laugh. Yoona was then relieved to know that Yuri's fine. 

 

"I'm a serial killer." Yuri revealed, though she don't know why. 

 

"You can't be serious." Yoona laughed.

 

Yuri didn't reply after that. Yoona focused on treating Yuri's wounds. Until Yuri's wounds were properly treated, none of them spoke. 

 

"I don't have anywhere to go tonight. It's nearing dawn and if I go out now it would be dangerous. The police might find me any time. can I stay here?" Yuri said while Yoona was cleaning up the room.

 

"Police? Dangerous? Wait, you're serious about being a serial killer?" This time, Yoona believed her. Yuri looked ten times more serious than just now.

 

"Of course. You were the one who thought I was kidding. Scared now?" Yuri smirked. Since she wasn't wearing a full mask, Yoona could see .

 

"I... I just couldn't believe it..." 

 

Yoona excused herself out of the room. She can't believe she treated a serial killer's wounds, she can't believe she converse for so long with a serial killer. Everything flashed before Yoona's eyed and all of a sudden her heart feels like it was going to jump out of her organ system. 

 

Amidst all the confusion in Yoona's mind, she heard the door slide open. She saw Yuri's shadow. She felt Yuri's presence. 

 

"Don't worry. I don't kill innocent people. Do you think I love killing people? Do you think I enjoy killing people? I don't, Yoona." 

 

Yoona felt guilty this time, she felt heavy in the heart. She shouldn't have judged Yuri so early. She shouldn't have judged Yuri the moment she found out Yuri was a serial killer. 

 

"I'm so sorry." Yoona lowered her head.

 

"It's okay, people always think that I'm a cold blooded person. You're no difference." Yoona could see disappointment in Yuri's eyes. She wished she could take back her actions and her words.

 

"No, no! Please, Yuri! Stay here for the night. To prove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter