The Beginning

Forever My Girl

Im Jaebum bowed again and again, acknowledging and thanking people for their condolences and well wishes. He wanted to simply space out and just wallow in his sorrow but he couldn't. The guests would understand, his family and friends would understand - everyone would. Except one. The only one who wouldn't understand why there are so many people in black coming in and crying. Is this the world that I was looking forward to? she might think. If it is, I don't like it. Maybe that's why she's crying non stop. She doesn't like this cruel world. It seems too sad for her. No she doesn't like it. 

 

Jaebum couldn't even sit for 1 minute. He could hear clearly Jian crying in the room next door. s tried to help. His parents tried to help. But no one could calm her down. Only Jaebum. And she hadn't even met him for a full 24 hours yet. Jaebum didn't even do much except to hold her close to him, the back of her head softly and swaying slowly from right to left. She just recognises her own father. 

 

Their manager, Sunghoon, settled most of the funeral for him in every way he can. The guests, though they wanted to see Jaebum personally, they knew that he has Jian to look after and he's tired enough so they didn't. The rest of the members wanted to do something. To help their leader. To help Jian. But they know best when to leave the leader alone. They helped around him, trying to make the situation less tiring for him as possible.  

 

Jaebum was in the other room with Jian falling asleep on his shoulder when Jinyoung came in quietly and placed a hand on his shoulder. Jaebum turned. The mix of tired and sorrow on the leader's face shattered Jinyoung's heart no matter how strong it was. He tried his best not to look sympathetic because he knows Jaebum doesn't like that. "You've been standing for a long time. Since morning. I'll take her. You need to rest," Jinyoung said. 

 

Jinyoung's words seems to be disjointed from what Jaebum is hearing. Whether it was just his hearing or it really was Jinyoung, he doesn't know. Jaebum offered a small smile and shook his head.  

 

"I'm okay. It's been a long day. You and the boys should go home," Jaebum said instead.  

 

Jinyoung frowned slightly. Even at this moment he still care more about others than himself. Even when he's at the edge of breaking, he still makes sure s gets enough sleep. Im Jaebum. A leader who people don't get his straightforward personality and cold aura but willing to sacrifice his own life for s. And now, for Jian too. 

 

"I have to stay here, Jinyoung-ah. You and the boys can go home," Jaebum added. 

 

"At least let us take Jian home for you," Jinyoung said. Jaebum shook his head. 

 

"Didn't you hear her crying even with my own parents just now? It's okay I can handle it." Jinyoung wanted to argue more but the look on Jaebum's face tells him that he doesn't even have the energy to be involve in a petty banter with Jinyoung right now. And that Jinyoung should just follow what he said to help him. 

 

Jinyoung nodded eventually and told him that he can call anytime he needs something. "I'll come here immediately okay?" Jaebum smiled and nodded.  

 

 

The days that followed after the days of mourning was a blur. Jaebum doesn't know what he's doing. The plan was to raise Jian together. Not alone. His parents don't understand why Jaebum insists on taking care of Jian when he still has 6 other members to take care of. He has too much on his plate but giving up Jian is never in his list to-do. They had a lot of arguments, tonight being one of those nights. 

 

"Jaebum-ah, listen to your mother. She knows best," his father tried. 

 

"Appa, if you have a lot on your plate, would you give me up huh? Would you bare to leave me in the orphanage??" Jaebum raised his voice. 

 

"Of course I wouldn't. But I'm not alone. You're raising her alone Jaebum. And you're not office worker. You're an idol. With schedules. You barely have time for yourself!" his father said, raising his voice slightly, already at the verge of his patience meter. 

 

"Okay then let me put it this way, as harsh as it might sound, just for the both of you to understand. My wife, Im Arissa, died giving birth to Jian, our daughter. And you're telling me to just push her sacrifice aside just so that I can live an 'easier' life??" 

 

That was the last. The last argument Jaebum had with his parents about Jian. His parents wants the best for their son but understands that Jaebum too, now, is a father and he has the right to do what's best for Jian.  

 

 

8 weeks passed. A period long enough according to the company for Jaebum to 'get back on his feet'. The members on the other hand, told him that he can take as long as he wants to be on a break. But Jaebum being Jaebum, he rarely wants a long break even when he broke his leg that one time. 

 

"Guys, hurry up! We'll be late," Jaebum called out. The boys doesn't know how he does it but he did it. Despite having Jian to care for aka bathe for 2, dress for 2, food for 2, Jaebum still managed to be the one who got ready first; standing by their dorm door with his duffle bag slung on one shoulder and baby Jian on his other arm. He adapted well as seen by the eye. But the NGs and outtakes behind it, only Jaebum knows.  

 

They got to the SBS building and fans swooned more than ever over Jaebum with Jian. He totally doesn't look like a typical father. His hair is styled up nicely, wearing a black leather jacket over a simple white tee and blue denim jeans. To top it off, he still has his earrings and rings along with an expensive pair of black shades. Jaebum has always been the one to dress well, other than Bambam. But people assumes with Jian in the picture, he wouldn't put much effort on how he look. Clearly they were wrong. And as if they could be any more mistaken, Jaebum doesn't only dresses himself. He dresses Jian as well. She's still a baby but Jaebum simply knows how to make his own daughter pretty – as if she isn't already is.  

 

He's grateful to the fans who bought Jian a lot of cute baby accessories like ribbons, clips and colourful bow headbands, making sure he lets Jian wear them at least once outside. All over the news and articles about him are simply positive comments like "Jaebum is coping well", "Jaebum is a great father", "He sets the standard high for future young dads now". 

 

It was SBS Inkigayo's 5000th episode and GOT7 is one of the groups who were invited to perform on the special event. As they reached their dressing room, they were welcomed by all the food support by their lovely fans, as if knowing that the boys hadn't had lunch yet. They took turns changing to their outfits and getting their make up done or choosing to down their lunch first. Seeing that Jian is still full from his morning milk, he left Jian in Jinyoung's care for awhile before rushing off to change. 

 

Jinyoung chuckled at the sight. "Hyung, you're in the same room. There's no need to rush." 

 

"Yeah I bet you will take those words back when she starts crying and I'm only half way through wearing my pants," Jaebum sneered. 

 

Jinyoung faked a hurt expression and looked at Jian for 'encouragement'. "Did you hear that sweetie? Your dad thinks I can't take care of you." Jian giggled cutely as if understanding what Jinyoung just said. 

 

He grinned widely at her before turning back to the dad. "For your information, I'm the only one who Dabin is most comfortable with during Real GOT7 okay." 

 

Jaebum laughed. "Oh please Jinyoungie. That was like years ago. Get over it." 

 

Jinyoung pouted and divert his attention to Jian instead. Jinyoung has her seated on his lap while he played with her tiny fingers that's trying to grab hold of the shiny accessories dangling around his neck. Mark joined soon after, attempting to play with Jian too. The boys were all crowding around her by the time Jaebum finishes his makeup.  

 

"Okay playtime is over. Lunch time now," Jaebum said, walking towards them on the couch while shaking Jian's milk bottle on one hand.