Chapter 1

I'll Gladly Make Mistakes (If It Means Meeting You)

Is this the real life? Is this just fan—

Lu Han groaned after managing to shut his alarm clock off, laying in bed with his eyes closed for a few seconds before groaning again after realizing that today was the day his mom was going to visit him. He loves his mom, really, she just gets a bit overwhelming sometimes. He sits up slowly and rubs his eyes, glancing at the clock which read 6:35 a.m. He trudges slowly to his bathroom, only half-awake. He finishes cleaning up after 30 minutes and is now fully awake and dressed for the day.

He heads down to the kitchen and rummages through the drawers only to find nothing. Goddamn it, his roommate must have forgotten to go grocery shopping again. He tries again with the refrigerator only to find nothing. He sighs in resignation and grabs his wallet and keys sluggishly. Time for grocery shopping.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Standing in the middle of an aisle with an empty pushcart, Lu Han realized belatedly that he should have made a list before going to the grocery store. He shrugs to himself, oh well, I should just get all the necessities I'll come across with, he thought before grabbing the cereal he wanted and dumping it into his cart.

Wrong, Lu Han thought to himself once he was finished and is now faced with the problem of carrying this ton of shopping bags all by himself. He sighs for the umpteenth time that day and with some help with the cashier manages to fit everything in his arms. He stumbles into multiple people on his way to the exit and after too many some 'sorry!'s and 'watch where you're going!'s he's finally out the store.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun wiped the sweat off of his forehead with the face towel he brought along with him, taking a small break from his daily morning jog. He looked up just in time to see a small girl walking out of the supermarket struggling with the bags she was carrying. He crossed the street and jogged up to her. "Hi miss! Do you need help with that?" Sehun smiled at the girl and studied her face carefully. She was really pretty and slightly smaller than him, with short blonde hair, brown doll-like eyes and a childish face. Her brows furrowed and her lips turned down in a frown, making Sehun wonder if he said something wrong. "Who the are you calling miss?! I am clearly a man!" Lu Han pulled up his arm with great difficulty and pulled his shirt down, showing Sehun his non-existent s. The taller man's face flushed red as he hurriedly grabbed the boy's arm that was pulling his shirt up. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you!" Sehun bowed down for a few seconds and then stood up straight. "But I could still help you with that, if you want." Sehun sheepishly scratched the back of his head, still feeling guilty. Lu Han nods and then wordlessly hands half of his baggage to Sehun. "I'm Sehun by the way. I'm really sorry about earlier."

"Thank you for your help Sehun. I'm Lu Han."

Lu Han gives the taller a small smile then continues their walk in comfortable silence.

And maybe, just maybe, Sehun's heart skipped a beat.

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay, here we are. Thank you so much again for your help Sehun. Please don't worry about earlier, it's fine." Before Sehun could reply, the door was suddenly opened and revealed a woman who looked like she was in her thirties. "Lulu! I was wondering where you've been!" The woman hugged him tightly then released him to look at Sehun. "Oh dear! Is this your boyfriend?"

"Mom—"

"Why didn't you tell me Lu Han? You could've easily called me and told me about him!"

"Mom! He's not my boyfriend! He's just helping me with my bags."

Sehun awkwardly waved at Lu Han's mother and smiled politely at her. "Hello. I am Oh Sehun. It's nice to meet you." He ends his greeting with a small bow and he's certain that he has never felt more unsure in his life before. Mrs. Lu grabs both of Sehun's hands in her own and stares into the tall boy's eyes with a determined look on her face. "Please date my son." That was the moment Lu Han knew that enough is enough and placed his hands over her shoulders and steered her to go inside the house again. "Okay mom, we'll talk later. Sorry." He smiles apologetically at her one last time and closes the door.

Lu Han slumps against the door and let out a tired sigh. "I'm so sorry about that. I didn't know she would arrive earlier than expected." Sehun just smiles at him. "It's okay. She seems nice. And I'm not really against it you know?"

"Against what?" The shorter one stares back confusedly at Sehun.

Sehun smirks.

"Dating you."

Lu Han's mouth open and close like a fish out of water as Sehun hands him the rest of the bags and a piece of paper with a series of numbers, presumably Sehun's phone number. "Call me okay? Bye."

Lu Han doesn't even get a chance to say goodbye because Sehun jogs away after that. He stands there stunned for a few moments before entering his house with a dazed look.

Lu Han definitely calls Sehun later that night.