final

Elevator

"Yah! That girl is obviously head over heal for me." GO exclaimed, puffing his chest out proudly while having that cocky smirk on his face.

     Seungho shook his head with an amused chuckle. "Seriously GO, you better get your head together. You're lucky I was there in time or that girl's boyfriend would have bashed your head in."

     GO rolled his eyes. "He wouldn't. Unless he wants my fangirls chasing after him for his life."

     "You really..." Seungho sighed, already giving up on his friend. GO never would have changed. Well, that was GO for you. Just an idiotic player. Seungho really didn't know what the hell attracted the girls in this college to this furball.

     Seungho rose his brow to GO when he felt the other nudged on his arms, almost caused the books in his hands fall onto the floor. "Hey. Isn't that the new boy?" GO whispered while gesturing down the hallway.

     Seungho follow the line of GO's sight and squinted his eyes slightly. There, at the end of the hallway stood a boy with slender frame and bleached slightly long hair. His back was facing them. The boy was indeed the newly transferred boy this morning from the countryside. If Seungho wasn't mistaken, the boy goes with name of Mir.

    
     "You think he came from the library too?" GO asked as they kept walking through the hallway. Seungho just shrugged, eyes trained on the boy. "It's his first day here and he stayed back for study? Impressive." GO commented.

     "We stayed back too, didn't we?" Seungho raised the pile of books in his hands.

     "Yeah, but that only because we've got to finish our assignment by tomorrow. Argh! My image is going to be ruined if those girls know I'm staying back at library until late at night like a geek." Realizing he was still wearing his glasses and that just proved his words, he immediately rip it off.

     Seungho laughed. "Hey, geek is a new cool." Seungho defended, stealing the nerdy thick round framed glasses from GO's hand and wore it himself, fixing his hair stylishly. "Don't I just look cool."

     "You look like an emotional Harry Potter." GO offered his opinion which earned him a quick hand swung towards the back of his head. "Oww! You're going to regret this- Oh wait! The elevator."

     "Hey! We could just wait for another!" Seungho shouted after his best friend whom had already ran down the hallway and was shouting for the new kid to hold the elevator for them. What other choice did he have other that running after GO? Aisy! He hated any form of exercise even if a short distance like this hardly counted as exercise.

     "Hey!" GO shouted once he reached the elevator but the elevator was closed already and moving down. However, Mir wasn't on that elevator. The boy just stood there, in silent, his wide eyes casted on the already closed door. "Why didn't you get on the elevator?" GO panted slightly as he questioned the boy. It was weird the boy just stood there and let the door close without even trying to get into the moving box.

     Mir turned slightly to look at GO with placid expression on his slightly pale face. It could be his natural complexion or probably because of the choice of his hair color or maybe even because of the lighting in this hallway. But he definitely look a little bit paler than this morning. Seungho reached the end of hallway where both of them were standing not long after, looking towards Mir as well.

     It went awkward when Mir didn't utter a word as response and just looked back and forth between GO and Seungho. The look in his eyes almost... Intense.

     "Why are you looking at me like that?" GO stuttered a bit, backing up slightly, uncomfortable with Mir's cold empty gaze.

     Seungho too was feeling uncomfortable with the look in Mir's eyes. He had been feeling something ever since Mir was introduced to their class. The young boy was really a quiet boy. All that he said was his name and how he would like to be called. He didn't even entertained anyone who tried to talk to him. And the others were quick to tag him as a loner and didn't tried to nose into the new boy's business.

     Mir didn't answer GO's question and threw his gaze back to the closed door of the elevator. Awkward, GO cleared his throat and stood there in silence, waiting for the elevator to open again. He managed to mouth "He's weird." to Seungho who grinned in return.

     "Hey guys! Staying behind?" Seungho jumped slightly when a loud voice and muscly arm wrapped around his neck, mostly hanging off him, almost chocking him.

     "Hey! Be respectful. He's still a hyung." GO commented, literally saving Seungho's life by yanking Joon off of Seungho.

     "Omo. Hyung. I'm sorry." Joon exclaimed, trying to pat coughing Seungho's back but ended up using too much force but luckily Sanghyun was there to stop the muscle idiot.

     Seungho grimaced at the pain, throwing his glare to Joon who gasped and hid behind GO with sheepish grin.

     "You deserve it." GO commented and Sanghyun laughed in the background but his laugh died down slightly when his eyes caught another added figure standing not that far off from their small group of friends. The boy with bleached hair slightly gained his interest. So, he backed out slightly from his other three hyungs who were noisily chatting, well mostly just Joon rambling about having to stay back for club activities.

     "Hey, you're the new boy right? I heard about you from Seungho hyung." Sanghyun friendly greeted the seemingly distracted boy, slightly excited when he noticed this boy was definitely younger than him. Maybe if this boy joined their small group of friends, he didn't have to be the maknae anymore and finally stop being the target of his other hyungs teasing. Plus, it was interesting to have a dongsaeng because he was always the maknae in family and even in this small group of his friends.

     Mir slightly turned to face Sanghyun. No trace of smile showing on his slightly pale lips. He just gave a small polite bow towards Sanghyun.

     "I'm Sanghyun. I'm in the same class as you but I wasn't there this morning because I have dance competition. That loud guy there is Joon. He wasn't there too this morning." Sanghyun happily explained despite Mir's lack of reaction. "Oh yea, You're Mir, right?" Sanghyun was content with just a small nod from Mir. He was about to say something more when Joon called him out.

     "The elevator is here."

     Sanghyun looked up. The elevator sure take quite a long time. Without thinking much, he reached for Mir's hand, slightly shiver as he didn't expect Mir's hand to be this cold. He started pulling Mir with him when the younger tugged back, efficiently halting his steps. He looked over his shoulder and saw Mir was looking past him towards the opened elevator door with a slight frown on his face.

     "What's the matter?" Sanghyun asked curiously.

     When Mir didn't answer and kept looking towards the inside of the elevator, Sanghyun automatically threw his gaze in the same direction, gasping slightly when he saw blurry shadows of people other than his three hyungs who were already in the elevator reflected on the shiny metallic wall of the elevator. It almost seemed as if the elevator was hell full of people. He blinked and rubbed his eyes and the shadows were no longer there. He tilted his head slightly. What the hell is wrong with him? Was he too tired today that he saw things?

     "Yah! Sanghyun. What are you waiting for?" Joon called from inside the elevator, his thumb was pushing on the button so the elevator door stayed opened.

     Mir pulled on Sanghyun's hand slightly and walked past the confused other. He reached into the elevator and pulled out seungho, GO and Joon one by one wordlessly, nearly throwing them out of balance with his strangely strong force.

     "Yah! Yah! Yah! What is this?" GO squeaked as he stumbled out of elevator, almost bumping into Sanghyun who grabbed on his shoulder to stabilize the older.

     All the four friends looked baffled towards Mir who, again, watched as the elevator closed. They exchanged a look, mouthing something along "What the hell is wrong with that kid?" and "Is he crazy?"

     "Yah! Who are you?" Joon was the one to ask with annoyed look. "Why are you pulling us out?"

     Mir was still quiet and his eyes flickered to his wristwatch. His frown deepened and he finally his heels to properly faced the other four.

     "What is it?" Seungho asked, concerned.

     Mir let out a small sigh. "This is not going to work." The youngest mumbled more to himself but the other four caught each and one word. He ruffled his bleached hair almost in frustrated manner.

     "What is?" GO tilted his head.

     "Let's take the stairs." Mir blurted out after a few seconds of silence.

     "Huh?" The other four almost synchronously made a confused baffled sound.

     "What is your deal?" GO asked with his brows almost united together. "Is this some kind of sick joke?"

     "It's full." Mir said in response, eyes shifted towards the floor in thought, somewhat tired look in his soft brown eyes.

     Joon exhaled harshly. "What is it with you?" He shot, throwing his hands into the air.

     Mir lift his eyes and looked towards Joon with his cold mysterious gaze. "I have been waiting here for ten minutes. The elevator is full." Mir said and walked past the other four, intentionally bumping his shoulder to Joon. It seemed that Joon's rudeness was pissing him off slightly.

     The other four exchanged a confused look before horrified look slowly replaced them. The... Elevator... Was full?

     Sanghyun gulped loudly as his mind matched what he had just saw before and Mir's words together on its own. What the hell? Slowly, he turned to look at the elevator once more, though nothing was there this time, the fear still seeped into his heart.

     GO didn't wait for any longer as he turned and chased after the leaving boy, catching the younger by his elbow. "W-what do you mean by that?"

     Mir waited until all four of them were in the close distance to him. "It's just exactly what I said. The elevator is full but if you still want to ride with them, please do so."

     "T-them?" GO echoed after, face paling.

     "What the hell? It's obviously empty." Joon retorted back but wavered when his eyes met Mir's for the second time. Mir was definitely not kidding. "...Right?"

     "Wait... It's half past midnight and today... Is third April." Seungho suddenly spoke out. The others paled out as they realized the date for today.

     "You can't be kidding me." Joon breathed out, slowly cuddled closer to Seungho, clinging on the oldest hyung.

     "I-I t-think I saw something too." Sanghyun whispered quietly.

     "Yah! Stop." GO went to Seungho's other side and clung on his best friend just like Joon.

     "Yah! Get off." Seungho tried to shake the two boys off but they just hang off of his shoulder even more.

     Mir glance as the scared quartet and rolled his eyes. Such scaredy cat. Hech, they didn't even see what he had seen and yet they were way more scared than him. "What has happened here, I'm not interested to know. But if you ride now, I can't guarantee your life." Mir said and climbed down the stairs.

     "What did you see?" Sanghyun followed after, like hell he was going to ride the elevator after realizing this was exactly the date when that accident happened three years ago and especially not when he actually saw something inside the elevator. Though he wasn't sure what.

     Three years ago, the very same elevator had broken down and the cable holding it up somewhat snapped during an earthquake causing the death trapped crashing down on the ground from seventh floor height. There were fifteen college students in there and all of them died in that accident. It was bloody and gruesome.

     There was no way this was just a prank as Mir was new here and he was sure the younger didn't know anything about the unfortunate event. Even if this was a prank, he wouldn't take any risk. And it seemed the other three was having the same mind as his as they trailed after Mir and him.

     "Well... I don't think you would want to know." Mir said and stopped for a while when they reached the second floor. Mir's wide hooded eyes slightly flickered around before he let out another sigh.

     "What now?" Seungho asked shakily, hissing slightly when he felt Joon's nail digging into his arm and GO's firm grip was cutting his blood off.

     "Here too?" Mir voiced out, maneuvering his way slightly as if he was avoiding something. And that was when the other three felt slight goosebumps on their nape. What the hell was that? There was something here too?

     "You can see things?" This time, it was Seungho. "Is that why you're so strange?" He palmed his own mouth at his slipped out. He didn't mean it in a bad way though. It just came out that way.

     Mir pretended as if he didn't hear a thing and just walk his way out of the building. The other four just kept on tailing him like lost puppies. Even Sanghyun, at some point had somehow grabbed on Mir's leather jacket for his dear life.

     "I hate this college already." Mir muttered, stopping in his track and turned as he looked up on the large building of the university with a wince on his delicate features. "Too many death."

     "Okay, that's it! I'm transferring tomorrow." Joon freaked out, releasing Seungho's arm and almost ran away towards his waiting motorbike.

     "Wait for me!" Seungho stumbled after wanting to ride with Joon.

     "! I'm sending my transferring letter tomorrow too." GO decided, pulling Sanghyun with him, leaving Mir behind, still looking up on the building. He sighed again.

     What Mir could see was different from what other normal people could or precisely couldn't. He saw death. He saw trapped spirit. He saw evil. And he had to live with it. And slowly... Without him realizing, instead of living like an ordinary boy with living human, he was now hanging in between two worlds.

     He wasn't strange...

     But he was somehow...

     Guess, maybe that was why he was always alone. No friends... Even his family somehow outcast him. His whole village did, calling him a cursed child for his ability of seeing things, hence him running away from his home in hope of starting new life in Seoul. Yet, it was just the same here. Maybe he was cursed after all- Whoa! Wha-

     Gasping when he felt he was suddenly yanked by two pair of hands, Mir looked around in confusion seeing both Sanghyun and GO was dragging him towards the parking lot, hence disrupting his long walk down on memory lane. And when he was just being nostalgic and emotional. What the heck are these guys doing?

     "What are you guys doing?" Mir asked slowly when he was being pushed into a car backseat. He felt like he was being abducted.

     "Taking you home of course. Seeing all those things, aren't you scared?" GO asked back, turning the engine on and drove into the road. A motorbike followed just right behind, with Joon and Seungho riding on it.

     Mir tilted his head, blinking a few times as he digested what GO had just said. "Aren't you scared?"

     "Of course we are!" Sanghyun nodded, trembling slightly at the front passenger seat. "I'm going to ask for a transfer too. Heck! I'm not going to stay at such scary place."

     "No, I mean. Aren't you scared of me?" Mir corrected.

     Sanghyun turned to look at Mir who was sitting at the back while GO just looked through the rearview mirror. "Why? You're not a ghost." Sanghyun stated.

     Mir shrugged. "Yea, but I can see ghost."

     "So? You're not a ghost." GO repeated what Sanghyun had said rendering the youngest into silence.

     Maybe Seoul people are different...

     "Anyway, hyung. Let's just stop at your place. I don't want to go home. My family is not home. I don't want to be alone tonight."

     GO nodded. "Fine by me. Text Seungho that so that they know. They most likely not going home too. And you, young man."

     Mir pointed to himself with blank face.

     "Yes, you. Do you live alone?" Mir nodded to GO's question. "You're going to stay with us too tonight."

     That... Was definitely not a request. That was blatant order. Mir leaned back on the seat and let a small smile grace his lips. Maybe it was different here after all. Maybe he wasn't curse like he thought before.

 

*ps : By the way, how actually we can upload picture here? I can't seem to figure it out by myself (T^T)