pilot

The Lit Clique
pilot
-
"damn seungcheol, back at it again with the dad jokes."
 

 

Seungcheol loves the Spice Girls.
 
Whether it's because there's just something about 90s music that gets him or if it's the fact Posh Spice is like, a real life femme fatale and was practically his ten-year-old self's girl of his dreams, he just really, really likes the Spice Girls. They're magical.
 
"I can't believe our leader can't dab and prefers Spice Girls over Kanye West."
 
That's Mingyu, and Seungcheol calls him the hiphop tryhard. Technically speaking, they're all tryhards, but at least Seungcheol remains true to his fanboy roots and doesn't act all hep hap for the sake of hip hopping. Mingyu is another level of tryhard, and Seungcheol deduces that by judging from his comments on SMTM articles. ("Kanye hyung should be invited! Kanye brotha" or "He's got no flow" to someone who actually has flow.) 
 
"At least they're not running for president," Seungcheol retorts, smiling triumphantly upon spotting the sour look that takes over Mingyu's face. "Stop preaching about voting for Kanye, you can't even register to vote."
 
Mingyu looks like he's about to launch into a very passionate political rant about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian in the white house, and Wonwoo whacks his head with the manga he'd been reading. Granted, Mingyu resembles a kicked puppy when he turns to pout at Wonwoo, but Seungcheol laughs when he sees Wonwoo ignore Mingyu as if the kid isn't even there.
 
"Shut up, Mingyu. You're ruining my reading. I'm at a good part." Before Seungcheol manags a loud 'in your voice', Wonwoo turns to glare at him, eyes ice-cold even behind his thick-rimmed glasses. "You too."
 
Like the sensible young adult he is, Mingyu sticks out his tongue at Seungcheol, and the older pouts.
 
Vernon bursts inside the room three seconds later carrying a — is that actual fire? —blazetorch, and hollers a whopping, "It's lit!"
 
Wonwoo slams his head onto the table, the impact creating a loud thump. "I'm surrounded by idiots."
 
"Hi surrounded by idiots, I'm Seungcheol."
 

 
author's note so this was just a small glimpse on what the story's going to be like! it's a pilot, in other words meaning it's just kinda a prologue, and i just wanted to establish how things kind of are in the team. seungcheol's definitely a dad with a little bite to him, mingyu's a cheeky who probably thinks everything he does is hep hap yolosweg, wonwoo is an intellectual being who loves anime and mangas and all that geeky , and vernon is... vernon.