FINAL

Still (아직은)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: A short one-shot I've managed to squeeze in despite being really busy. Didn't go a lot into Hyomins's POV as there's not much to talk about, it already being expressed through the song. Just know that the song is painful and she didn't like singing it to her baby Jiyeon. So she tries to make this session the last one, and she sang it with her all.

Hope you all enjoy it! Comment and Upvote!

**Words located on the right during the song are Hyomin's thoughts. 

 

Author's POV

It was another cold winter night, and Jiyeon was laying on her bed reading a new book that she had just gotten from the bookstore. The whole group was on break so everyone had lots of free time. So  for Jiyeon, other than going on dates with her new boyfriend, playing with phones, eating etc. Reading was one good way to pass time. 

Everyone was just so free. Soyeon went to Japan with her mom and Qri was busy cafe hopping with her friends. And Hyomin, she was busy having her solo comeback. And talking about Hyomin, Jiyeon was wondering when her unnie will be back from her schedules. Ever since Hyomin's comeback started, the girl had been coming home late and looking dead. It was like debut days all over again but just slightly better, it happens during every comeback, and it's still tiring like always. 

Jiyeon closed her book and places it down on the bed. She took a glances at her phone and it was already 1AM. The worried girl got off her bed and left the room. 

Walking to window located in the living room of the dormitory, the younger girl peeped out of the window to look downstairs, looking out for the black van that their manager oppa drives. 

With her free hand, Jiyeon took out her phone once again to dial her Hyomin unnie's number. Just then, Jiyeon heard the familiar ringtone ringing from outside the dormitory and the door unlocking. And at 1:30AM, her unnie was finally back from her day of activities. 

"You can hang up now Jiyeonnie, I'm back." Hyomin cried out weakly. 

Jiyeon quickly locked her phone and rush towards Hyomin, ready to help take her bags and of course, give her hardworking unnie a hug if encouragement. 

"Is it very tiring today unnie?" Jiyeon broke the hug and swiftly collected all the bags before pulling Hyomin into their shared room. 

"It was really exhausting today, but fans gave me lots of energy. So I'm still surviving.." Hyomin closed her eyes as she spoke, trusting her Jiyeonnie to lead her properly into the room. 

Settling down everything, Jiyeon took the initiative to give her unnie a quick massage on the back as Hyomin lay facing down on her bed. 

"Alright. Done! Take a quick shower and you'll feel refresh! Then come back and have a good sleep unnie, there's no schedules tmr."

"Okay okay.." Hyomin replied and went off to shower after being commanded by Jiyeon. 

 


Jiyeon's POV

Unnie had worked really hard for this comeback, I hope she gets plenty of rest too and not fall sick during this period. I lay on my bed playing with my phone while waiting for Hyomin unnie to return from the showers. 

I tried to continue my reading but failed badly so I decided rest my eyes for a while. 

 

*Beep Beep*

I glanced at my phone to see the incoming message, it's from Dong Guk oppa. 

'Jiyeon, wanna meet up tomorrow? I've got something planned for you! Hope you'll come along! Love you.'

 

I stared at the message for a good few seconds. The truth is that I'm not in love with Dong Guk oppa, we're dating but it's all just to get to know each other that sort of date. 

My heart will always lie with her. Hyomin unnie. She was caring, dorky, fun and loving. That's why I felt so guilty whenever I'm on a date with Dong Guk oppa, in fact for the past 9 months I've been guilty towards Hyomin unnie. 

I'm pretty sure she had some feelings for me and her dissatisfaction towards the news of me dating was evident. And I guess she gradually gave up on me, she used to look for me most of the time in the past. But now she stopped. 

At least we're still maintaining the years of friendship that we had, and for that I'm grateful. I won't know what to do if Hyomin unnie ever left me. 

And with all this guilt, I found something to help me feel better. And that was to have Hyomin unnie blame me for being the one to leave her. But of course without actually blaming me. 

It's complicated. But whenever unnie sang that song of hers to me, it felt real. As if the message was directed towards me. And I somehow felt better, knowing that she 'blamed' me for everything. At least I won't feel so guilty about abandoning her. 

I contemplated for a few minutes in whether I should accept Dong Guk oppa's proposal to meet up tomorrow. And I finally made a decision, I found myself typing in 'OK. See you tomorrow.' before throwing my phone elsewhere and shut my eyes. 

"Hey, your phone is expensive you know?" Hyomin unnie's voice gave me a shock. 

"Uh Mianhae unnie..." I replied and quickly pick up my phone that somehow flew to unnie's bed. 

Hyomin unnie enters the room and sat in the dressing table drying her hair quietly. There was this few minutes of awkward silence that was making me really uncomfortable and hence I decided to break the silence. 

"Unnie.. Before you go to sleep later, can you..." I asked shyly, I've been doing this for the past few weeks and I'm pretty sure Hyomin unnie's sick of it. 

"Sing you 'Still' right?" She was trying to sound as if she's mocking me, but there was a hint of sadness and coldness in her voice.

"Yes unnie.." I replied softly and took a peep at her, and from the corner of my eyes I could see her staring into the mirror sadly. I guess that whoever motivated unnie to write this song had really hurt her, and by calling her to sing this song to me every night, it must have reminded her of that person. 

"Sing it for me the last time unnie. I won't ask you to sing again. I really love this song especially when you sing it! So please~~" I was literally in my knees begging for her to sing. 

"Alright. It will be the last time Jiyeonnie."

She left the room for a short while before returning back. It was late and finally the lights were out. The two of us were tucked in our beds and in the pitch black room Hyomin unnie was about to sing. 

"I'll start now alright?" She gave me a head up as she cleared along with a few coughs. 

"Okay!" I replied enthusiastically but to be honest, I never felt that enth

Please log in to read the full chapter