Chapter One

3 months, and Beyond

Chapter 1

 

“Come on Yeol! You told me you’re gonna watch me sing today.” Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol up, which looks funny because of the difference in their figure. “Yah!”

 

“Ugh, I can’t go Baek.” Chanyeol didn’t budge. He sighed for the nth time that hour. “I’m still going to detention.”

 

“What? But why? I thoug-“

 

“Apparently,” Kyungsoo, who was waiting outside for the two, butted in. “His confession went viral over social media, so some of our teachers heard about it. Principal himself went to talk to Mr. Wu about it.”

 

“The principal? I’ve never seen him before.” Baekhyun commented. The principal was a very mysterious man. All they know about him was that he’s a lot younger than people would expect him to be.

 

“We never did anything big so why would we meet him?” Kyungsoo shrugged. “Only our big baby here has some guts to do something.”

 

“Hey!” Chanyeol pouted. It wasn’t his fault that he couldn’t shut his mouth, or maybe it is.

 

“At least you get some time with Mr. Hot stuff.” Sassy Baekhyun winked at his tall friend.

 

“Bye Chanyeol. Good luck with detention.” Kyungsoo waved while pulling Baekhyun’s arms who was busy making kissy faces at Chanyeol.

 

--

 

“Yah, wake up!” Chanyeol groaned as he covered his right ear. What the hell. He groggily straightened himself in his seat. Who?

 

“This is detention in school Mr. Park, not your room or your bed.” Chanyeol stared at his tiny gym teacher who was sneering at him.

 

“Aish,” Chanyeol mumbled. “Did you really have to shout in my ear like that, Luhan?”

 

“Yah, you brat. Just because you’re taller than me doesn’t mean you won’t respect me.” Luhan, kicked the table lightly. Because of his tiny frame and cute face, most of his student took him lightly. But he’s totally bad when it comes to sports. He’s the definition of small but terrible. He should gang up with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, Chanyeol shuddered in his own thought.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’m sorry.” Chanyeol laughed and smiled at his teacher. Then it dawned unto him. It wasn’t Mr. Wu who was handling the detention. “Uhm, If I—“

 

“Are you looking for that other giant? He’s on the way here. The principal had him run an errand because of you.” Luhan seemed irritated while pacing back and forth, thinking of ways to inflict pain unto some certain giant.

 

“Me?” Chanyeol’s eyes went round as he thought of reasons as to why it would be related to him aside from his confession. Was it really a big deal?

 

“Yep.”

 

Before Chanyeol could reply, the door slammed open. Revealing a rather breathless attractive person. Chanyeol held his breath because of the sight. DAMN HOT. “What’s up with you?” The eldest asked the newcomer.

 

“I knew that bald guy was up to something.” Kris slowly walked his way towards the two and caught up with his breath.

 

“Of course he is. He wouldn’t want us jobless you know.” Kris sighs at Luhan’s statement while Chanyeol was left clueless in his seat. EHH? Jobless? What?

 

“Hey there.” Kris gently smiled at the boy who smiled back at him. Luhan made gag gestures in which Kris replied with a weak tap on Luhan’s shoulder.

 

“I swear. You guys can’t happen now.” Luhan made a face and propped himself up on top of a table with his hands between his legs.

 

“Come on, Lu. Are you—“

 

“3 months. Can’t you wait for 3 more months? This kid here would be graduating then, and you’ll be out of this academe in just 3 months. Why are you guys complicating stuff?” The youngest of the three hanged his head low, and stared at the ground. He’s guilty for making everything complicated.

 

“I’m not gonna let this opportunity go. I have him now Luhan.” Kris kept his guard up while Chanyeol’s face went red up to his ears. Kris knew he was being difficult and immature but he really can’t seem to let this chance pass.

 

“Kris, stop being dramatic. This would cause you your job and Chanyeol’s future.” Luhan was right. Kris just wanted to be with Chanyeol now more than ever. But he really can’t wait for 3 months.

 

The doe-eyed man saw how determined Kris was in winning the conversation. “Ah this.” He sighed. “Fine. I’ll help you.”

 

Kris smiled at his hyung. He knew he could count on Luhan at times like this.

 

“You,” Chanyeol perked up as Luhan suddenly addressed him and was included in the conversation. “You’re supposed to be in detention for a week but Kris took upon himself to do chores and errands for the principal to save your so be damn thankful.”

 

E-ehh??? Chanyeol whipped his head to Kris and gaped. “You did?”

 

“I did.” The taller one took the other’s hand and kissed it lightly.

 

Chanyeol can’t help but blush at this gesture. “Thank you. You did’n-”

 

“Stop being cheesy guys. I have an idea.” The single man interrupted the two.

 

“You have?” Both Chanyeol and Kris stared at Luhan like he’s some alien or something.

 

“Yah! One more offending statement or look and I’m out of here.” Whether it’s a joke or not, the three of them did not know.

 

“Calm down, Lu. I was just joking. What did you come up with?” Kris, unfortunately, has to let Chanyeol’s hand go. In case of spies or anything. He has to play it safe.

 

“You’re the adviser of the drama club right?” Kris nodded.

 

“And you, if I remember, you have not signed up at any clubs yet.” Luhan was the one in charge of the student council. Believe it or not. And he has seen Chanyeol’s name for the last few years as one of the students who don’t join the clubs.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Why not?” Kris asked out of curiousity.

 

“Cau-“

 

“Be chummy later, let’s plan now.” Luhan irritatingly says.

 

“Would you like Sehun around?”

 

“W-wha-. Why would I want that kid around?” Luhan’s face flushes. 

 

“Sorry. You should calm down though. You face would go to waste if you continue frowning like that.” Chanyeol flashes his pearly white teeth.

 

Luhan sighs. “Ugh. As I was saying, why not join the drama club? You get to see and interact with one another.”

 

“Are you really Luhan?”

 

“Wu.”

 

Kris laughed. “Sorry, can’t help myself.”

 

“It’s not a perfect plan and students would probably assume things but it’s the only way.”

 

“Yeah, I like it.” Kris smiled at Chanyeol. It’s better than nothing.

 

Word count: 1140

Chapter one is finally done!!  Every italized statements are Chanyeol's thoughts. Sorry it doesn't live up to your expectations. I'll give my best in the following chapters! Building up characters is still a pain for me. :P Comment below what you think ! Thanks! I need more inspirations though~ Send me more krisyeol T^T