Beads

Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Strangers are everywhere but you don't really care. The world's a monochrome.

A sigh went past your lips in the chilly fall air and you adjusted your beanie for a bit with your mirror to see if it's in the right angle.The bus is late. 

Something bright flickered behind you and you saw the mysterious bright color through the mirror you were using. You blinked and looked behind you. You raised an eyebrow because all you see is black and white.

 

"It must be my imagination..." you mumbled and then glanced at the cars passing by. You put your earphones on and hummed a tune, smiling.

 

You never noticed a guy looking at you, amused at your antics. A few minutes more and the bus is already there, finally arriving, and you were glad that only a few people are in the bus stop with you and a lot had alighted. You went in and scanned the available seats and just picked the one where there are no people in it...which is strange but, oh well. You plopped yourself in the seat and smiled before realizing someone was aleaedy sitting in the window seat beside you. You grinned sheepishly when you realized that the person was leaning on the window. They must've been tired because it looked like they were sleeping so you quietly stayed put.

You traced the bracelet you were wearing and thought of the boy who gave it to you. In a world where a soulmate exists, you knew he was the one.

 

“Sugar!!” you called as you saw the boy walking slowly, admiring the birds sing. You pushed him a bit as greeting and he groaned and glared.

 

“Step away from me, woman!”

 

Realizing he wasn’t in the mood to be nice, you puffed your cheeks and crossed your arms.

 

“Stop acting like a grown-up, Sugar. You’re still eight.”

 

“And you’re seven.”

 

You had both reached the park and went to the swings and silently played. An hour of lots of games later...

 

“Do you see the colors now?”

 

“Not yet. Omma says you have to hold hands with them, I don’t want to hold hands with someone.”

 

“So unromantic, Sugar.” you frowned, “Should we try holding hands?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why??”

 

“Because, if you’re my soulmate, we would’ve seen colors by now.”

 

“We haven’t hold hands yet, though.” you tilted your head “How’d you know?”

 

“Maybe I don’t want to know.” He chuckled, patting your head.

 

“Hey Sugar...” you called sadly, “If one day, one of us will go abroad, what would you do?”

 

“Huh?!” he looked at you incredulously “What do you mean?”

 

You frowned, “I’m...going to Canada. Omma says we won’t come back.”

 

Sugar nodded quietly. “So...when do you leave??”

 

You sniffled. “Tonight.”

 

“WHAT?? HOW COME YOU DIDN’T TELL ME!”

 

“Omma just said it to me last night, okay?!”

 

Sugar sighed, and ruffled his hair.

 

“Alright, don’t cry. You look ugly when you do.” He grinned and took off the bracelet on his right arm. “Here. Something to remember me. We only met three times but it’s enough for me to give this to you. Be safe in Canada.” he looked at his watch “Time to go! Bye  !!!”

 

Then he ran off, leaving you clutching the bracelet he gave you. In a split second your hands touched, you could almost swear you saw the color of the 

trees as you watched Sugar ran...

 

"He never did say his real name, come to think of it." you mumbled, the seven crystals in the bracelet almost sparkling with your touch.

The person next to you shifted, their hoodie loosening for you to see strands of hair and headphones. He was beautiful.

Perfect hair, pretty eyes, nice nose and kissable lips left you breathless. Noticing that you were staring, he looked at you suspiciously.

 

“Oh! Um.. Sorry...” you blushed and decided to look away.

 

“No, it’s okay.” he smiled a bit and you blinked because he replied in English.

 

“Aren’t you korean?”

 

 “Yes.” he replied in Korean, smirking a bit. “Aren’t you one, too?”

 

You take a few seconds of translating what he said before nodding.

 

"I was. but I kinda forgot it." you smiled sheepishly. At the look of confusion in his face, you laughed a bit. "I moved abroad and just got back."

 

He chuckled at the mispronounced words and nodded his head in understanding.

 

“Welcome back to South Korea.”

 

“Thanks!!” you laughed “I’m Y/N and you are?”

 

“Min Yoongi.”

 

“Yoongi-ssi, what brings you to a bus ride to Daegu?”

 

“I’m visiting my parents. They must’ve missed me that they want to see me as soon as possible.” he replied and looked as if he was reminiscing something 
before turning to look at you. “How about you, Y/N   -ssi?”

 

“I spent two weeks to check places in Seoul and touring. My omma wants me home now.”

 

You both laughed, “Parents.”

 

Then Yoongi’s phone rang and you quietly pulled out your phone to play your finished songs after putting on your earphones. You only heard the “Shut up, Jimin.”

part before getting consumed in your music.When you sensed the conversation dwindling down, you lowered the volume on your phone and waited because hey, 

he’s attractive af, your type, cool, and almost like he’s sugar!! Of course you’d like to continue your conversation with him, cause let’s face it. 

He’d make a great soulmate.

 

He grinned sheepishly at you after the call and noticed you were wearing earphones. He smiled lightly at the obvious act of not stepping on the privacy of a phone 
call and he deeply appreciated it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter