1: Husband

Never Leave Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“The breathing rate is 18, EKG also good.” Nurse Kim said, while looking at the head surgeon and he can tell that this surgery not too heavy and complicated. Meanwhile, the assistant doctor looked at the patient record and he agreed after his quick scheme that shows even the sugar level was normal. The operating theater only filled with silence and so it begins.

“You already eat Nurse Kim?” The long scalpel replaced by the toothed forceps while exchanging the tools, he can see the surgeon waiting for his answer. He nodded once even though he bewildered with the sudden question.

Dr. Kim smiled behind his mask although he a bit disappointed with the answer. The sudden chuckle from Dr. Lee however makes him rolled his eyes.

 

 

The tensed atmosphere will end soon as it was already 4 hours of the operation has been performed, by the skilled hands that just save another patient lives today. He sutured the incision and with that, the surgery was a success.

Dr. Lee, the assistant doctor just now walked quickly to match Dr. Kim who already ahead him.

“Hey! I see what you did there, huh? That nurse really reserved.” The male linked his arm to Kim’s shoulder and grinning. He knows that Dr. Kim been trying to get that nurse attention everytime he got the chance and hell, this month he can see that his best friend seems really eager to get to know of the nurse. What was the later name? Kibum he thinks. But, the chance never comes.

“I thought you were with Dr. Nam, for room 3?” Jonghyun tried to change the topic and they both head to his prep room. He changed his clothes and grabbed all his necessities. His stomach grumbles and he need foods like right now before he ends his shift today. But looking at the situation, he thinks he should just eat at home.

“No, I hate him you know. Always serious and ugh…so many orders. Also why did you bother to- wait! Jonghyun! Where are you going?!” Jonghyun throw his scrub into the bin and leave while laughing.

“See you tomorrow! Finished my shift already!” he waved to his best friend, leaving Dr. Lee alone.

“Aish…I just about to ask about the cute nurse…” he then walked out from the room and head to south wing of the hospital. It’s already 11 pm and he has 3 more hours to go.

 

 

 Kibum also finished his duty for today. That operation marked that he worked for 14 hours today in specialized unit. Lucky for him, he got rest day for tomorrow after covered 2 days for someone else place. Yawning, he went to the porch in front of the hospital and waiting for the car.

Just when he about to message the older man, the silver sedan car parked in front of him and the driver smiled, showing his pearly white set row of teeth. Kibum entered and smile back, as a courtesy to his husband, Dr. Kim Jonghyun.

The surgeon whom as the head doctor in the OT that he attend 6 hours ago.

 

 

No, they are not in a good term. Kibum married to Kim Jonghyun just around five months ago, and it was an arranged marriage by Jonghyun parents and family. He agreed to that because he feels like he indebted to them. After the family picked him up from the orphan house 10 years previous, Kibum dedicated his life living with Jonghyun’s grandparents. Meanwhile Jonghyun who lives with his parents never know about Kibum and they never crossed path together.

Going to different medical schools, Jonghyun, who that time was 3 years older than Kibum, posted to the general hospital as surgical interns. As the time passed by, after Jonghyun become official general surgeon which he was 25 years old back then, Kibum already finished his nurse residence program.

 

 

“You look tired. I haven’t eat yet. I’m hung-ry…” The ‘hungry’ part was whispered low by the male.

“Yeah, rough day.”

Jonghyun take a quick glimpse of his husband who murmured back to him. The faint sounds of radio seem uninterested to keep Kibum awake, and he shifted his body a bit trying to put his head comfortable.

“Don’t treat me like that again.” Kibum said, while rubbing his both palms showing that tonight is indeed a bit chilly to him.

“What kind of treatment?”

“All questioning part inside the OT, I hate that.” The younger shut the air cond level in the car, making the car filled with DJ voices behind.

“I’m your husband, I deserve to know, Nurse Kim.”

“Just on paper. And besides, I’m not your husband inside the hospital, right?” Closing his eyes, he wished that they reach home quickly.

 

 

Reached the 10th floor, he entered the passcodes; 0-4-0-8, and the door chimes sound heard to indicate the door had been unlock. He looked at the arrangement of simple furnitures, with all basic needs are there. However the awful part just, why the environment was so dark and what with this f

Please log in to read the full chapter