Chapter 1 (A) Jonghyun Runs

You're the Key to Forbidden Love

Key P.O.V

 

I stare at Jonghyun, he is so perfect in every single way. His body, his choreo, his soul, everything is so perfect.

We are currently performing but my eyes remain latched on to Jonghyun’s body. I want to look away but my eyes say otherwise.

 

My name is Key and I am a member of the South Korean group SHINee. We have been going strong for years but what is not going strong is my love for Jonghyun. I have loved Jonghyun since day one but I had never admitted it because he is straight, well I think he is. I mean if you look at me I clearly like the , but Jonghyun, he does not look like one who likes boys. I am shocked no one else in the group have called that I am not into girls. Odd.

 

We perform a little fan service where we touch each others faces as if we were going to kiss, the fans love it. The pairings are Jongkey and 2Min usually. I hate this because it just makes me want to love Jonghyun more.

 

We finish our last song and walk all together but as Jonghyun walks towards us he walks past and runs off stage. The group including myself turn to look at him walking into the distance, dazzled and confused as to why he left.

 

I have a urge to chase him and my body follows that urge. Without knowing my legs are following towards the direction Jonghyun went. I halt where I lose track. I search toilets, changerooms and halls but nothing. I run to areas of the arena where he could be but nothing? Should I call other members up? My brain for some reasons tells me not too.

 

I keep running down the halls until eventually I hear a sobbing from a cleaning closet. I reverse my steps and open the door and there I see him. Jonghyun crying, my heartbreaks with each tear that falls from his eye. He notices me and places his head in his knees, probably embarrassed.

‘What is wrong?’ I ask.

He does not answer.

‘Jongy’ –

No answer.

‘Please Jonghyun.’

 

Jonghyun looks up at me, his tears have dried up on his face. He opens his mouth to speak but the words fall out with little volume to support them. I move closer to his face so I can hear but still quiet, so I move even closer. The words end up having no sound accompanied with them at all.

‘Jonghyun….’

I stare into his eyes as he tries to release the words. He gives up and places his hand behind my head and pushes me towards his lips. They clash with forces from the pull and waves of energy flow between our mouths. I feel my eyes widen and I pull away in shock. Jonghyun looks upset.

‘J-‘

Before I finish saying his name he gets up and runs away, into the distance, into the darkness.

 

‘Jonghyun!’ I shout but nothing, he does not answer. He truly has gone into the darkness of the poorly lit corridors backstage. I reach for my phone, my heart beating faster than my actions. I call up Minho to tell him what happened. The phone rings and Minho answers,

 

‘Hi.’

‘oh my god Minho I need to tel-‘

 

Wait, I cannot tell Minho Jonghyun kissed me, first that would make Jonghyun embarrassed and it would suggest that he was gay, I am fine with them suggesting I am gay, like seriously I am sure they already know. Anyways I doubt Jonghyun is gay, he is too straight and is able to make any girl faint with just a fire of a wink in their direction.

 

 

I end the call and run to them. When I get there Jonghyun is there. He does not look at me whilst the others are talking, ‘Kibum,you’re back, where did you go?’

 

‘To look for Jonghyun but I guess you guys found him.’ I lie about not finding him so it does not be awkward for Jonghyun but also for myself, I do not know what was happening. Jonghyun is perfect and he makes me so light headed each time I see him, I want him. Love and shock battle it out, my brain and my heart are fighting each other, my brain is in shock and my heart is in…love but does Jonghyun love me or is there some other reason for the kiss? Maybe he feels sorry for me because I’m gay and Its hard to be gay as an idol in Korea. Wait, Key, you’re thinking too hard into this. I get in the van and I sit on one side and Jonghyun sits on the other side, he intentionally does not sit next to me. Does he hate me now? A sigh forces its way out of my mouth and my head collides with the window.

 

 

A/N -  first fic so please go easy on me hahaha :) sorry for mistakes my mac wont let me go back, or my word application wont :(((((