final

Cheerleader

"When I need motivation

My one solution is my queen 

'cause she stays strong.."

 

5CARAT is composed of 5 friends blessed with beautiful and amazing voices. They are Jisoo, Jeonghan, Jihoon, Seungkwan and Seokmin. They formed their group during their high school. Though they are not on the same age, they are very close to each other. It's because they all grew up on the same village. They live nearby each other, so they are all childhood friends. 5CARAT always join singing contest. Sometimes they win, but most of the time they lose. It's not because they're not good, but because they are still amature or beginner compared to their usual competitors who are already professionals. But on Seungkwan's perspective, most of the time, they are lost because their competitors or the contest itself is doing some dirty works.

 

 

But this time, they've proven theirselves. 5CARAT won on their first major contest. It was judged by the nation so it is safe to say that they had a clean and smooth win. The video of their performace was uploaded to YouTube. In just 24 hrs, their video already hit 3 Million views. That's how people loved their song. Everyone was celebrating except Soonyoung. Yes of course, he is proud of the success of Seokmin's group, in fact, he already watched the video for almost ten times? He really enjoys the song. But he can't help himself on feeling frustrate as he continues to scroll down on the comment section.

 

 

"Omo. Hong Jisoo is really cool on that guitar"

"That cute little guy with pink hair is the composer. Daebak!"

"Seungkwan's vocal is perfect!"

 

 

Soonyoung is reading each comments. "Oh really now? Jeonghan-hyung's hair and Seokmin's nose has something to do with their win? These idiots." he shook his head as he reads some hate comments. Soonyoung releases a loud sigh as he moved away from the monitor and rest his back on the chair. "Most of the comments are about Seungkwan's vocals. And when someone mentioned Seokmin, they are into his visuals." Soonyoung sat up and face the monitor again. "What's wrong with you guys? Like seriously, no one really pay attention on Seokmin's precious voice? These people nowadays, they don't really know how to appreciate talent." he rests his back again and closes his eyes for a moment. Some moments later, he heard the door opened. He didn't open his eyes, but as he sniffed the familiar scent approaching his place, he already know who entered the room. Then a hand is placed on the top of his shoulder.

 

 

"Are you okay?" Soonyoung opens his eyes. A smile forms his lips when he saw the familiar smile on his side. Soonyoung sighed again.

 

 

"Yes . . . of course" he smiles though he's not really okay. And as he look on the other's eyes, he felt that it's feeling the same.

 

 

"Hey Seokmin, look. Your video has reached 3M views. This is crazy." Soonyoung chuckles but Seokmin just smile, a sad smile. "Yeah. And I think 3% of that view is from me." Seokmin shows Soonyoung his phone. Soonyoung frowned and turn to the monitor again. Maybe he had also read the comments. He thought. Soonyoung is thinking of a way to cheer Seokmin up. But the younger made the situation harder.

 

 

"Seungkwan is really great singer. The people really love his voice. I am sure large part of the votes is because of him." Seokmin said. Soonyoung look at him with his eyebrows meeting. "Yah! Seungkwan only?"

 

 

"No. Of course not. Jihoon hyung made the song. And it is beautiful. Also, Jisoo-hyung's guitar really adds a good rhythm to the song. And of course, Jeonghan-hyung's voice and charisma is really good." Seokmin bites his lips and he lowered his gaze.

 

 

Soonyoung saw the other scrolling again to the comment section. He glared at him. "Lee Seokmin! Please don't make yourself feel down!" he said with a little loud and power that makes Seokmin look at him with a little shock and sadness on his face. Soonyoung move a little forward so he can reach the younger's hand. "Don't mind those comments. Seokmin you are a great singer. You also made a large part on your group's success. Without you, those harmonizations will not be perfect." Soonyoung was surprised when he saw tears on other's face. "Hey, don't cry! You are great. Forget those haters and others. For me, you're the best, okay?" Seokmin nodded. Soonyoung wipes away the tears on Seokmin's face and then he smiles.

 

 

"Oh, wait!" Soonyoung get up from his seat and he bring out a piece of paper on his bag. He go back to his seat and he gives the paper to Seokmin.

 

 

"Look. I think it's time for you to gain your confidence. Join that contest," Soonyoung points on the paper. It is an advertisement of a singing contest he got on the mall yesterday.

 

 

"I don't think I can do this." Seokmin looked at Soonyoung refusing the olders suggestion. But Soonyoung is determined. "Of course you can do it. You are Lee Seokmin. I know that you can do it." He hold the other's hand again. "Don't worry. I will always be here to support you!"

 

 

And Soonyoung made Seokmin accept his challenge. He contacted Jihoon and asked for his permission if they can use his studio. As a good friend, Jihoon allowed them. Also, Jihoon helped Seokmin in practicing, giving the younger some advices. But to be honest, Jihoon, himself, thinks that Seokmin doesn't really needs his advice.

 

 

"Woah! This kid is really amazing," Jihoon is now seating with Soonyoung infront of his equipments in producing songs. Seokmin is inside the recording booth.

 

 

"Actually, he is really good. He always hit the right notes, perfectly." Jihoon said really amused on Seokmin's talent.

 

 

Soonyoung winks, "I know right!" and he watch again Seokmin from their seat.

 

 

"She is always in my corner right there when I want her. . ."

 

 

And the contest is about to begin. Seokmin is in the backstage, waiting for his turn. He is holding a mic and he is obviously nervous as the mic on his hand shakes. He almost jump on his position, when someone taps him on his back.

 

 

"Hey! This is it!" Soonyoung said excitedly. "Relax, okay? You can do it!" he smiles prettyly that makes Seokmin froze. It's not the first time he saw the other smile like that but it's really precious. So beautiful. Seokmin thought. He was snapped out of his thoughts when the organizer approaches him. "Please standby, Mr. Lee. After this performer, you are next." Seokmin nods and look again at Soonyoung. "Break a leg! Fighting." Just before he can react the older had disappeared.

 

 

This is it.

 

 

Seokmin is now standing in the middle of the stage. Alone. This is the first time he will join a contest without his groupmates. Seokmin's body is shaking and he can feel his heart race that he assumed to burst any moment. The big audience makes him more nervous. He roams his eyes around the hall, looking for familiar faces. Seokmin sighs when he saw his family in the front row, giving him an encouragemet smile. At the back of them, he saw Seungkwan, Jisoo, Jihoon and Jeonghan holding a banner with his name on it. But his smile fades when he failed to see the face he really want to see. He starts searching again. His heart skips a beat when he heard someone shouting.

 

 

"Lee Seokmin! Fighting!"

 

 

He turn his attention on the man standing at the center back door. He is holding a banner and a smile on his face that causes his eyes to form its familiar 10:10 shape. Seokmin's fear and nervous suddenly disappears. His lips finally forms a true smile as he look on the other's eyes a far but infront of him. Seokmin nod his head and the music starts to play.

 

 

The moment Seokmin sings the first line, the hall begins to hold silence. Everybody's attention is on Seokmin. And Seokmin's attention is only at Soonyoung. When he finally reached the high notes in the bridge part of the song, the silence turns into loud cheers of the audience. Everyone is clapping their hands and screaming his name. Some, including his family and friends gave him a standing ovation. Seokmin finished the song. He never felt this way before. He feels so loved. He is so overwhelmed with the situation. Smile didn't leave his face until he reached the backstage. Now, they just need to wait for the awarding. But Seokmin doesn't really care whether he'll win or lose. Making other's happy with his performance is already an award for him. Priceless.

 

 

And the moment of truth.

 

 

"With an average score of 98.4% . . . the grand champion of tonight's event is non-other than . . . .

 

 

. . .

 

 

LEE SEOKMIN!!"

 

 

Seokmin's family and groupmates approach him. The plaque and the cash prize is already in his hands, but Seokmin still can't believe it's happening to him. It's a dream. A dream that has become reality. He was hugged, kissed and conngratulated by his friends and family. He can't say any word but a smile and a 'thank you'. He wants to cry because of so much happiness. But before it may happen, he remembered something.

 

 

"Where's Soonyoungie?"

 

 

"All these other girls are tempting but I'm empty when you're gone . . ."

 

 

Seokmin makes  his way to the parking lot where Soonyoung can be found according to Jisoo. He run down the stage with the plaque on his hand. He already gave the cash prize to his mom and he want to show Soonyoung the fruit of their hardwork. On his way, he was blocked by some fangirls congratulating him, taking pictures and receiving gifts from them. He thanked and entertained all of them. When the fangirls let him go, he runs to the door out of the hall. But someone else has stopped him again. A girl with black hair and a very angelic face grabbed Seokmin's arms. Seokmin was surprised on seeing her again. It's been 3 years since he saw his ex-girlfriend, Haneun.

 

 

"Congratulations. Finally you're dreams have finally come true." She smiles still holding Seokmin's hand.

 

 

Seokmin moved closer and he pulls Haneun for a hug. "Thank you!" he said, "I'm so happy to see you again." Haneun hugged him too. They stay like that for a long seconds and then Seokmin decided to let go.

 

 

"How are you?" Seokmin asked, still with a longing smile on his face. "I'm good."

 

 

. . . .

 

 

"Seokmin? Are you dating someone?" Haneun asked. Inside of her, she is hoping that there could be another chance for the both of them.

 

 

"Yeah." Seokmin answered immediately. And Haneun's hope has gone.

 

 

"O . . oh . . ." Haneun stutters, "She . . she's so lucky." she faked a smile.

 

 

"No Haneun. I'm lucky. I'm so lucky to have him." Haneun was shocked on what she heard. "Actually, I'm going to see him now. So, I'll go ahead. Again, thank you so much." Seokmin kissed Haneun on her cheeks. Just a friendly kiss. And then he runs again to the parking lot. Haneun was left there, with mouth still open in shock.

 

 

- - - - -

 

 

"Hey!" Seokmin reached the parking lot and there he saw Soonyoung standing beside his car looking at the stars above. But immediately look down when he heard a very familiar voice. Soonyoung smiled.

 

 

"Hey!" Soonyoung said. Seokmin approaches him. "You earned lots of fangirls. huh? Did you talked to them?" the blonde asks.

 

 

"Yes. I thanked them before going here."

 

 

"Good. An artist should always show his fans how grateful he is. You owe them a lot."

 

 

Seokmin reaches Soonyoung's hand with his free hand. "I know," he chuckles, "and now it's time for me to thank my number one fan..

 

 

My cheerleader."

 

 

"Oh, I think that I found myself a cheerleader..

SheHe is always right there when I need herhim.."

 

 

"Soonyoungie, ever since I started singing, aside from my family, you are also always there to support me. When we joined contest, you always cancelled whatever schedule you have on that day. You sacrificed even your dance practices to watch us, to support me.. thank you." Soonyoung smiles and listens attentively to Seokmin.

 

 

"Whenever I'm feeling down, you are always there to cheer me up. You know what? I really envy you.. ever since we're kids. You always achieve your dreams. You didn't join our group because you want to pursue your dancing. And you always excel in that dream of yours. You always win every contest you joined. And everytime you wins, you always tell me that next time, it will be my time to shine like you. Soonyoungie, my time has finally come," he lifted up the plaque on his hand, "thanks to you.. without you, I can't make it. You are the reason why I'm here. This award.. this is for you. Thanks for always believing in me when no one is. Thanks for always being there for me.." Seokmin moves a little closer, now their faces are just inches away. Soonyoung grins,"Congratulations. I told you, you can do it. I'm so proud of you"

 

 

And their lips meet. Soonyoung and Seokmin are dating for 2 years now. And for the both of them, it is the sweetest kiss they have ever shared. Seokmin pulled away and rest his forehead to Soonyoung's. "Thanks", he grinned. 

 

 

"I love you.."Soonyoung said and the younger answer by giving the other another kiss. "I love you too.."Seokmin said between those kisses.

 

 

"He gives me love and affection..

Baby, did I mention. You're the only boy for me

No, I don't need a next one.

Mama loves you too, she thinks I made a right selection

Now, all that's left to do is just for me to pop the question"

 

 

When they parted, they hear giggles behind them. Their friends and Seokmin's family are already there, probably witnessed their intimate moment. They now decided to go to celebrate Seokmin's win on their home. Jisoo brought his car with him so the other three of the group will join him in the car. Seokmin gives his parents and his noona a goodbye kiss since he will be riding on Soonyoung's car. Soonyoung is already inside his car. Before the Lee's separates, Seokmin asks his parents.

 

 

"Mom, dad. Can I marry Soonyoung?"

 

 

"Of course, son. Do what makes you happy. We will be here to support you!" Mr. Lee gave his son a tap on his shoulders and Mrs. Lee giggles with his sons question. Seokmin hugged his parents. He is so proud and happy to have them.

 

 

Seokmin gets inside car. He is in the passenger seat beside Soonyoung.

 

 

"Let's go?" Soonyoung asked.

 

 

"Hm.. are you ready?" Seokmin also asks and Soonyoung gave him a confused look.

 

 

"Of course. I'm ready" the blonde chuckles, "I'm just waiting for you." he added. 

 

 

"Really?" Seokmin smiles. He turn to his side to face Soonyoung who still looks so confused with the younger's question. Seokmin grabes the hand of the older, "Soonyoungie.. are you ready to marry me?"

 

 

Soonyoung blushed. He was shocked. His heart races like never before. He didn't see it coming. It takes him a little while to process everything on his mind. But he already prepared himself for this. He already knows what to say.. he had practiced it before.

 

 

"Of course. Yes of the yes!..

 

 

..anytime, baby."

 

 

 

 

THE END 💕