Why?

Immortal Love

“Don’t leave me … please.” Taeyeon said to Siwon while hugging him from the back. “I need you here…” 

 

“I’m sorry but i have to go, you don’t understand what i’m going through now” Siwon said, trying his best to remain calm. 

 

Taeyeon and Siwon has been best friends for as long as their whole lives but then Taeyeon doesn’t know that Siwon actually fell for her during their last semester and he was afraid to tell her because … he was afraid of rejection. Soon later, Taeyeon found a guy she likes and they have been dating for nearly 1 month. Simon was heartbroken when he heard the news, he knew he had to getaway from this heartache and the only thing that could save him is to fly somewhere … far. 

 

“If you tell me now, i can try to understand..” Taeyeon said with a slow sad voice. 

 

Siwon tried to free himself and after Taeyeon let go, he turned around and looked Taeyeon exactly right in the eyes. He’s gonna miss her a lot.. especially her smile and laughter, the eyes he loves the most about Taeyeon… 

 

He looked away and let out a deep sigh. 

 

“What’s wrong? Can you please tell me? You were okay before this and now you’re acting like … as if i am pushing you away” Taeyeon said.

 

Ever since Taeyeon met the new guy, she has changed a little bit. She’s not the person that Siwon knew. 

 

“Listen…” Siwon said. “I’m really sorry if i ever hurt you or misunderstood you. I don't want to hurt you.. and i think you’re better off without me. You’ll fine someone better than me.. trust me. Pretty sure someone else can replace your best friend.” Siwon said with a fake half smile. 

 

“Wh- What are you talking about Siwon? I don’t get it… How can i replace you when you’re the only person i have besides-“ Taeyeon was talking when Siwon stopped her. 

 

“Besides the guy you’re currently dating now. Yeah i know.” Siwon said harshly. 

 

He frowned and just took that into this heart. “I have to go..Sorry” Siwon said and turned around, without saying anymore words, he walked towards the boarding area and disappeared. 

 

Taeyeon stood there, her mind filled with questions. 

 

Why is he behaving like that?

 

Why is he hiding a lot from me?

 

Why is he running away from me?

 

Is he jealous of the new guy?

 

Why is he so mad at me for going out on a date?

 

Does he like me? That’s impossible… we’re just best friends. 

 

 

It was night time when Taeyeon left the airport, all alone in the car driving home. Questions are running in her mind and she can’t forget what Siwon said earlier before leaving. 

 

Besides the guy you’re currently dating now. Yeah i know” 

 

“What does he mean by that” Taeyeon think to herself.. 

 

The lights on the street flashes on her face as she drives a long the road. One hand on the steering wheel and one hand which is leaning on the window is resting on her head. She kept thinking and thinking..she came across a red traffic light and stopped. She look to the right and saw a couple in the car, looking so happy .. laughing at each other… she can’t help it but smiled. 

 

Taeyeon didn’t realise that the traffic light turned green that the car behind her honked twice. She looked away from the couple and started to drive off. 

 

After a few rounds of driving in town, Taeyeon finally reached home. She parked her car and entered her empty apartment. Flashes of memories started to play around her apartment.. 

 

The couch where they used to share deep stories.. 

 

The dinning table where they used to eat dinner together .. 

 

The game controllers where Taeyeon used to hit Siwon when she loses against Siwon. 

 

She suddenly felt alone and empty even though she’s dating someone now. 

 

Taeyeon left her keys on the table beside the door and walked to the couch. 

 

She sat down and just stare into space .. thinking … 

 

*Buzz … buzz* Taeyeon’s cellphone rang .. she took her phone and look at it … she answered. 

 

Hey Babe, how are you?” the man said. 

 

 

To be continued ……