The mall complex

The sunflower complex

Hanbin stared at the sky between his fingers. His “head” was rested on jinhwans lap and his feet across donghyuks chest as they lounges in the sunlight of chanwoo’s backyard. Junhoe was sitting in the grass , and Yoyo was swimming in the pool taunting donghyuk who was already comfortable right where he was. 

It made him think about his childhood , well the small one he had… The hours that he spent running outside with jinhwan and his friends, the scraped knees and bruised elbows that came along with their adventurous little boy activities. It reminded him of when junhoe had pushed him in the pool , not knowing that he couldn’t swim and chanwoo had had to save him. It reminded him of the times he spent with his feet shoved in the dirt and a blanket around his shoulders , jinhwhans mother sitting by his side and telling him stories because he was sick, while jinwhan sat beside him and gently patted his petals. It reminded him of the time that donghyuk had kissed a girl named sohee in 9th grade and yunhyeong had shoved him later that night and screamed at him and told him that he was being selfish, and donghyuk, after yunhyeong had left and went home , realized what yunhyeong had meant and asked hanbin and the others to help win him back.

While his childhood was small, it was pleasant. 

But it was always missing something… 

Chanwoo slammed his book down, startling junhoe in the process and causing him to drop his slushy 

“Guys IT’S THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER AND WE ARE BEING LAZY BUMS”chanwoo screeched and stomped his foot.

This surprised everyone, chanwoo was not the type to be loud, nor was he the type to have “fun” the kid usually had his face shoved in a textbook or up a collage application form. And to see him like this as down right scary.

" , I was waiting for one of you to crack” yunhyeong said and pulled himself from the pool. He walked over to donghyuk and leaned over him , affectively getting him wet and making donghyuk screech in protest.
“Come on little prince, how about we do something great for our last day of summer” yunhyeong held his hand out for donghyuk who sighed and puffed out his cheeks making jinhwan chuckle.

“Come on you too brat” jinhwan said pushing hanbin off and causing him to land in the grass.

“Rude…” Hanbin muttered and stood up stretching his arms out and popping his back.


In the end yunhyeong dragged donghyuk out of his chair and yunhyeong went to go change, while the rest of them decided where they were going to go. After debating for a few minutes they decided that the mall was the best solution. 

They all compiled into junhoes truck with hanbin and chanwoo in the back. Hanbin leaned back resting his elbows in the ledge and letting the wind blow through his petals and calm him. Chanwoo laughed and he sat up. 

“What”

“Sorry its just funny”

“What is brat?” Hanbin laughed out.

“Your petals get all ruffled and its funny” chanwoo said and smiled.

Hanbin smiled. He appreciated his friends… Honestly he did, he was grateful to have people that he could trust and be with , not that he wasn’t popular, he was actually quite popular, he was funny and smart and extremely good at sports, but he was glad to have them.

Most people in the city knew who he was , and he was no longer some freak in the city anymore, he was more like a mascot of sorts, everyone knew him, and he knew everyone else. No one looked at him any different a-

Hanbin was brought out of his thoughts with a water bottle being graciously poured over his head by a grinning junhoe.

“Come on bro, we got places to be” and with that they were off and through the entrance of the mall.

Upon getting into the mall they made a straight line toward the café to get a coffee and possibly some other treats. Hanbin watched donghyuk sweet talk yunhyeong into buying him a piece of cake , and promising him something else in return that was whispered quietly. Hanbin sat down at a table and waited for them. Chanwoo came back first.

“I would offer you some of my coffee… But I don’t think that was a smart idea all the other times I have” chanwoo smiled and took out his phone.

Hanbin smiled, yes it was sad that he would never get to experience coffee or frankly anything else , besides the one time that one of their old friends named kidoh had poured chocolate milk on his feet in third grade because they all thought that it was a good idea, but after two hours hanbin had felt bad and gotten sick, and that had been the end of trying to “drink” anything but water for him. 

A little later jinhwan and junhoe had joined them along with the doyo couple.

They discussed their plans and where they wanted to go first, junhoe was going straight to zumies and so was jinhwan which meant that hanbin and chanwoo were also going , and donghyuk wanted to go to tillys for new jeans and then to a few other places and yunhyeong was looking like he just wanted to go back to the pool at that point , but donghyuk was already getting up and pulling yoyo with him and all they could do was offer him a sympathetic smile as he was dragged away.

Once safely inside zumies jinhwan and junhoe headed towards the back and chanwoo went towards the couches to sit down. 

Hanbin explored the clothing sections and picked up a few things, including a pair of shoes he didn’t need but wanted anyways, and he was about to go check out when he caught sight of a face he hadn’t seen before.When that was almost absurd , he knew everyone right.. So who was this… 

Hanbin placed his stuff down and crawled around the clothing setups and watched the head walk away. He followed quietly behind , careful not to be seen, which was hard when your head was a sunflower but that couldn’t be helped now could it. 

He watched the stranger as he walked around the store and just when he was about to stop , he tripped and fell over a box of shoes that someone had left out causing him to fall flat out on the floor and the stranger to turn around.

"" hanbin mumbled not even bothering to look up , he just stayed where he was.

“What the hell…” The stranger mumbled. 

“What are you… Are you okay?” He asked and walked up to hanbin.

Hanbin didn’t dare move. No , he was NOT going to embarrass himself again, he wasn’t going to deal with this today, he wasn’t going to scare away another person , especially when the person was new and sorta good looking. 

And so he laid there “face” down on the floor. 

“ OH SHOOT HANBIN ARE YOU OKAY!?” He could hear jinhwans voice.

Jinhwan and junhoe rushed over and pulled him up. He couldn’t look up though. No , nope, not freaking today.

“Dude you gotta be more careful bro” junhoe said in a worried voice to hanbin , who still hadn’t said a single word. And only then did jinhwan realize why. There was a stranger standing infront of them.

“Oh hi… Im jinhwan… This is junhoe and he’s… He’s hanbin… Uh…” Jinhwan elbowed hanbin but hanbin still refused to look up.

“He’s… Shy” 

“Is he a … Sunflower?” The stranger asked with a amused voice. 

Hanbin looked up then , and he wished he wouldn’t have.

The other boy had small eyes and a slim figure with a beautiful smile. He knew he was in for it then.

“HANBIN BE I” he said loudly.

Junhoe snorted loudly and jinhwan tried not to laugh.

“ I mean I’m hanbin… And yes I’m a sunflower…”hanbin offered his hand out.

“Im jiwon, but you can call me bobby if you want to man.” Jiwon smiled and shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you” 

“You too, but I got to go. Nice to meet you guys, especially you hanbinnie!”
Jiwon waved and walked away.

“WHAT JUST HAPPENED” chanwoo screeched as soon as jiwon had walked away. 

“WHO WAS THAT!”

Hanbin wasn’t listening though, he was still pretty sure he had seen the sun in its purest form, he felt better already.

Because jiwons smile was the prettiest he had ever seen.

 

And it reminded him of sunshine.

----

Yes this is sorta of just a starter chapter , i needed to be able to introduce bobby so that i could start the plot, i will be adding toppdogg members im soon along with block b members , as some of you might have noticed , i added in kidoh, he will be back later and have a important role.

So thank you for reading and i promise that the real actually interesting stuff will happen soon, just hang in there babies! Love you. Till next time darlings~