One

Sick

"Aren't I pretty today, _______?"

You glanced up at Seokjin. " Oh. I guess. Same as ever."

He pouted, then settled next to you on the couch. "______-ah, pay attention to oppa."

You swatted him away, trying to focus on the essays you had to read and analyze for school. "Oppa, not now. I have to work."

"Work with me~~"

"Yah. Kim Seokjin. Can you stop."

He stopped and really looked at you. "Wae. Wae!"

You sighed and put your book down, about to stand up to go make some coffee. As you mentally prepped yourself to stand up, your boyfriend was still acting cute and trying to get your attention. You stand up without a hitch, and are almost to the kitchen before your legs buckle and you have to catch yourself on the counter.

Jin was at your side in a flash. "________, are you okay? What's wrong?"

You fight with yourself for a moment, seeing as your plan was going terribly awry and you could use his caring touch…. You let him help you back to the couch, and promptly broke into a coughing fit. After you gained control again, you gave him a weak smile.

"Sorry oppa, I didn't want you to know I was so sick."

He wanted so badly to be angry at you but the way you were looking up at him, flushed with what he now assumed to be a fever, he couldn't hold onto the feeling.

“Why not? You knew oppa would be mad if I found out later!”

“I couldn’t stop you from coming over when you had a day off but I didn’t want you to get sick so I wanted you to get mad and leave.”

Seokjin looked at you like you were crazy. “You wanted me to get mad at you? When does that ever happen?”

You had to laugh, at the truth in his words as well as the look on his face.

“Okay okay oppa, I’m sorry. It’s not that bad though, really.”

He gave you a knowing look and then insisted that you lie down on the couch. You tried to protest but there was no stopping him once he gets started fussing over you. He laid a damp towel on your forehead, brought your blankets out from your room, and even started making you chicken noodle soup.

“Oppa.”

At the sound of your voice he rushed back to kneel next to you. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, oppa. Just. I wanna take a nap while you’re cooking, is that okay?”

“Of course that’s okay.”

“But. Um.” You could feel yourself blushing, and was thankful that the fever covered it up.

“Hm? What is it?”

“Canyousingtome?”

He laughed. “I still don’t understand why it’s embarrassing to you to ask me that.”

You opened your mouth to protest but he quickly covered it with his hand.

“I’ll sing for you. I’ll sing for you.”

You smiled up at him and closed your eyes.

Nan noreul saranghae~ Nan noreul saranghae~ Nan noreul saranghae…"