One Request

One Request - Myungsoo

A sterile environment surrounded you, the lightly printed hospital gown covered your form, your legs dangled from the edge of the examination bed, your fingers laced with one another, your hands shaking in your lap. Your head bowed slightly downward as you awaited the results of the test that they took a few hours prior.

The room was silent as you wet your lips with a swipe of your tongue, leaving your mouth agape, you took in a shaky breath beginning to think the worst. A soft knock against the door, perked up your head as you lifted your head and straighten your back.

“Come in” You called, the handle twisted downward as a familiar face poke through the opening in the door.

“You called for me?” Myungsoo’s soft smile pulled on his lips as he stepped inside, not finding any words, a tightening occupied your chest as you just nodded.

Closing the door quietly behind him, he walked over to you sitting on the bed and wrapped his arms around you. Feeling his arms around you, you closed your eyes as your head rested against his shoulder, sliding his hands around your back, he pressed his body closer to yours as your hands slowly lifted and rested on his sides. Your fingers lightly gripping his fabric tighter the longer he stayed against you.

Myungsoo’s hands felt your body shake with uncertainty as warm tears soaked through his t shirt, his arms wrapped tighter around you, lifting one hand up, he cradled your head against him as he slowly rocked from side to side.

“We’ll work through it, no matter what the news is” Myungsoo whispered into your hair before pressing a loving kiss among the hair on your head. He knew that you hadn’t been feeling well so you traveled to several doctors over the last few months. Now with a doctor finally willing to test you, they asked you to come back in to double check the results.

A feeling settled in both of your stomachs as you nodded gently as he tilted your chin up to see a tear roll slowly down your cheek. Bringing up his other hand, he brushed his thumb across your cheek to rid you skin of the trail of your tear.

“I’ll love you no matter what happens” Myungsoo whispered once more, his eyes locking on yours in the most beautiful and loving gaze you had ever seen.

“Okay” You whispered, your voice shaking uncontrollably, “I love you too” You added before you brushed some hair out of his eyes.

A knock on the door caught both of your attention as Myungsoo slowly pulled away, tucking some hair behind your ear as he began to back away. Leaning out, you grabbed his wrist.

“Please… stay with me” You pleaded, your eyes letting another tear fall from your eyes.

“Of course, my love” Myungsoo adjusted his hand to accommodate yours. Your fingers between his as he moved to your side.

“Come in” You called after taking in a deep breath.

The door handle twisted open once more, the doctor walked in, outfitted in dress clothes underneath his white coat, a nurse accompanied him as he held a clipboard and flipped through the paperwork before meeting your eyes.

“So we got the results back from your test” The doctor pulled up his mobile chair and took a seat, the nurse stayed by the door as your hand tightened around Myungsoo’s.

Feeling your hand tighten around his, he moved closer to you, his hand tightening around yours while his thumb brushed over your skin.

“I am sorry… but you have terminal cancer” The doctor revealed, your heart sunk as you closed your eyes, tears rolling down from your eyes as tears dripped from your face onto your hospital gown.

“I am so sorry, there isn’t anything I can do for you besides letting it run it’s course” The doctor whispered as Myungsoo nodded to the doctor, thanking him for the chance before wrapping his arms around you and pulling you against him.

“I will leave some paperwork with the nurse, she will be outside your door when you are ready” The doctor remarked before making his leave.

Myungsoo felt your body shake against his, his arms wrapping around you securely and pulling you against him as he rested his head against yours, pulling your body against his, he kissed your head before closing his eyes and letting the tears roll from his eyes as well.

A few hours later, Myungsoo finished up with the paperwork after he composed himself enough not to cry in front of everyone else. Taking you by the hand, you dressed back into your street clothes, he lead you out to his car and let you get in first. Rounding the car, he slid behind the wheel and started the engine as he buckled himself in before making sure you were buckled in as well.

“Myungsoo?” You whispered

“Yes baby girl?” Myungsoo turned his attention to you, his hand resting over the console between the two of you. Your hand gently slipped into his.

“Promise me, you won’t treat me any different than you did before you found out” A few more tears slipped from your eyes,

“I promise, I will be with you forever and always” Myungsoo lifted up your hand in his and kissed your hand gently before starting the hour drive home.

The ride home was quiet, the two of you focused on things outside of the car, Myungsoo’s eyes on the road while your eyes watched the passing scenery. The only thing keeping you grounded was the light brush of Myungsoo’s thumb over yours.

Pulling into the parking lot, the two of you stepped out of the car, Myungsoo grabbed your hospital bag and linked hands with yours, your head rested against his shoulder as the two of you walked slowly to your apartment. Entering your humble abode, you slipped off your shoes as your hand slowly slipped from his.

“Can you give me a moment?” You questioned, glancing back at him over your shoulder.

“Of course, sweetheart” Myungsoo nodded as you began to walk towards the shared bedroom, “Want anything for dinner?”

“I’m not hungry” You replied quietly as you continued back to the bedroom. Closing the door once you were inside the bedroom, you moved over to the bed and let everything out, all of the tears, the terrified feelings, the confused feelings as you thought that there had to be more than this.

You were supposed to live a long life, with Myungsoo and now you had a tops of a month before you weren’t able to do anything. You were supposed to be happy with Myungsoo forever, how are you supposed to do that now?

Hours quickly ticked by, the sweet smell of your favorite dish hung in the air as you knew Myungsoo would be making it for you. Your heart tightened as you grabbed a pillow and wrapped your arms around it, holding it against you, you let all of your frustrations out into the pillow.

The light in your room changed from bright and airy to dark yet cozy. Soft light from the hallway bled under the doorway as light footsteps lightly trod down the hallway and back to the bedroom.

Quietly, the door opened to Myungsoo’s shadow standing in the doorway. Watching you for a few minutes, he entered the room as you adjusted your position on the bed. Feeling the bed dip from his weight, his hand gently rested on your side as he looked down to see fresh tears continuing to roll down your face.

“Do you want to do something tonight? Maybe like a movie?” Myungsoo rubbed your back, knowing you needed to get your mind off of this and have some fun.

“No, thank you” You whispered, moving your body from his, he sighed softly as he continued to watch you before he laid himself down next to you.

Wrapping his arms around your waist, he pulled your smaller form against his, his head laying against the nape of your neck. Trying to move away from him, his grip tightened on you.

“Just let me stay with you please” Myungsoo’s voice was slightly broken, his breathing slightly abnormal as he held you against him.

Struggling a little bit longer, you figured that it wasn’t worth it anymore and relaxed into his hold, the warmth of his body coupled with yours. The hours of the night wore on as the two of you stayed together, drifting off to sleep for the night. Slipping in and out of sleep, you turned over to watch Myungsoo as you slowly wiped away his dried tears trailing down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry you had to fall in love with me” You whispered before slipping from his arms, heading out of the bedroom, you shuffled out and stood in front of the large windows, watching the cars pass you by.

It didn’t take long for Myungsoo to wake up and join you in the living room, he stood next to you in silence.

“There is one thing I would like to do” You whispered, your head turning towards him as he turned his head towards you.

“Name it, love” He smiled sleepily as you nodded.

“Can I dance with you?” You questioned, your body turning towards him as he nodded.

Queuing up some music, he played the song and walked back to you. Taking your hand, he twirled you around before bringing you into his arms, doing a four step simple dance, the two of you danced in harmony with one another as the turns and dips faded, the dance dulled down to a slow sway. Your arms around him and his arms around you.

The song ended a long time before the you two pulled away from one another.

“You are still the most beautiful woman I have ever met” Myungsoo whispered, his words laced with love as he leaned down and pressed his lips against yours.

Exchanging a passionate, loving, blissful kiss, you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer as your lips now danced together perfectly. Myungsoo’s hands supported your back as he pulled you against him, his fingers tightening around the fabric of your shirt. Breaking the kiss for air, the two of you kept your close proximity to one another.

“Should we head to bed?” Myungsoo questioned seeing the morning hours show on the large clock on one of the walls.

Nodding your head, you laced your hand with his as he lead you back to the bedroom. This time, the two of you pulled the covers over you, his arms found their way around you, your head tucked under his chin as you folded your arms between him and you.

“I love you” Myungsoo whispered, pulling the blanket up on you a little higher.

“I love you too, forever and always” You whispered before falling asleep, becoming an angel through the night.