[2Jae] coffee shops and cute boys

× GOT7 One-Shots ×
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PAIRING: 2JAE.

STATUS: COMPLETED.

WARNING: TOO MUCH FLUFFINESS AND AN SURELY INSANE AMOUNT OF CHEESY PICK-UP LINES ;)

LENGHT: ONE-SHOT.

PROMPT: 2jae coffee shop au where youngjae is the barista and jaebum came in one day and fell for youngjae. Then jaebum comes in everyday and tries to flirt with youngjae with cheesy pick up lines.

Choi Youngjae didn't believe in love at first sight. He was the kind of guy who, in the case that he felt some sort of attraction to someone, wanted to get to know that person first and then explore the possibilities of a  relationship. He felt that it was good to know the flaws and virtues of someone before the next step. The only time that he tried to pursue a relationship based on first impressions, let's say that it didn't turn out so well. So, now he was painfully careful with his friendships and relations with others. And, well, who could blame him?

He was working as a barista partial time, at a cozy coffee shop near his apartment. His roommate, Mark, suggested this job, seeing as his best friend, Jinyoung, was working there as well, and Youngjae needed the money, so he took the opportunity. It was a good job, stressing but that way he could keep his mind occupied, and Youngjae liked that.

What he didn't like, however, was the annoying customers, the ones who liked to bother him, be it with long and weird orders, or trying to flirt with him. He was always kind and polite, but eventually it really got tiring. Especially when he knew that all they wanted was either his number so they could take him to bed, or to get a disccount in their coffee. And, honestly? He didn't think he was handsome enough to have so many customers basically throwing themselves at him so they could take him to bed. In his opinion, Jinyoung was much more handsome, and he even flirted back with them.

So to say that he was pissed off when a attractive and well-proportioned man boy not much older than him in his queue started to flirt with him with lame, cheesy pick-up lines, while he was trying to get an order out of him was the understatement of the century.

"Gosh, boy, was that an earthquake or did you just rock my world?"

Youngjae tried really hard not to roll his eyes, and was glad when he didn't. He just gritted his teeth and put on his best polite smile.

"Good morning, sir, how may I help you today?"

The boy in front of him smirked handsomely, the two beauty marks above his left eye drawing the attention of Youngjae.

"Well, I was so enchanted by your beauty that I ran into that wall over there." The man said, pointing at the wall behind himself. "So I'm going to need your name and number for insurance purposes."

Youngjae sighed almost inaudibly.

"Look, sir, I don't want to be rude or anything, but I've had a really long day, so, could you please do me a favor and tell me your order? Please?" Youngjae was beyond the point of exhaustion and he didn't want to keep listening to this man's cheesy comments. He just wanted to end his shift and go home and sleep like the dead.

The man smiled at him handsomely.

"Alright, just... drop the sir thing, I'm Jaebum. I want a mixture of double espresso and..." he looked at the list of coffees and nodded to himself. "And the rest fill it with Hong Kong styled milk tea, please."

"Very well." Youngjae then provided Jaebum with a relieved smile, and Jaebum swore to himself that he would make sure the boy smiled to him every day.

----

Jaebum went to the other queue to wait for his coffee patiently, while thinking about his next pick-up line. This boy had made quite the impression on him, and he was determined to woo him. And if Jaebum was something, that was stubborn.

Finally, he got his coffee from the cute guy and Jaebum smiled at him, looking at his tag to find his name. Youngjae. The name suited the boy.

"Thanks, Youngjae." He looked at his coffee and then at the boy again. "You know, this coffee is really hot, but you are even hotter." This time, Youngjae did roll his eyes and sighed, to then go back to his work, but not before Jaebum could see the slight lift in one of the corners of the boy's mouth, so he left the coffee shop knowing that he almost got a full smile from the most beautiful boy he had ever seen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter