Introduction: Minghao

PLEDIS Theatre

a/n: so first chapter! Short because I just wanted to describe what the theatre looks like and a little bit about some of the issues that are faves working a theatre I guess~ hope you enjoy~

 

Minghao decided he was crazy. He was pretty sure he wasn't crazy before applying at the theatre, he was a normal, sane, attractive teenager, but now? He was crazy.

     He had to be if he was still working here. 

     He was on door today, like most days, he hates dealing with popcorn because of how many times he got burned, and he detests cleaning lobby, so he forced Junhui to switch with him today. 

      Door was the the podium you would go up to and give your tickets to before entering an actual theatre. PLEDIS theatres had two long hallways, north and south, where they had all their theatres, south had theatres 1-8, and north had theatres 9-16. 

      And here Minghao currently was, explaining it to a guest. “Well you should have signs!” The woman yelled at him.

     He smiled, though his eyes showed how ing done, he was despite it only being about 4 minutes into his shift. “We do ma’am.”

     “Can't you just play the movie in one of these ones? I'm not walking all the way to the other side.”

     Oh yes let’s move a sold out show all the way over here and inconvenience everyone because you're ing stupid. It's not even that ing far I swear to god this - “Sorry ma’am, but it takes a long time to set up a movie in a projector, and I don't work projection.” 

     She looked appalled. “I want to speak to your manger kid. How dare you talk to me like that?!”

     Minghao had to suppress a twitch in his eye. “I'm sorry miss.”

     “Get me a manager right now!”

     Minghao nodded with a pained smile. “Of course.” He grabbed the microphone to the Wally and held it closer to his mouth. “May I get a manager to south side door please?”

     About 4 minutes later, a taller, lanky man was walking down the hall, fitted suit that looked way too expensive for a place like this, long black hair and soft features and pretty eyes, his name tag read Minki, his favourite movie printed under his name The Fault In Our Stars. Honestly he could understand why Junhui had such a lowkey crush on their manager.

     “Hello, what seems to be the problem?” Minki asked politely. 

     The woman explained how ‘terrible’ Minghao was treating her and how he refused to switch the the theatre the movie was playing in, Minki dealt with the concern and once the woman left, looked over to the young cast member. “I ing hate the people that come here.” Minki groaned. “Also, your break is at 8:30. Get Wonwoo to cover door for you.”

     “Shouldn't my super tell me that?”

     “Seungcheol is late.” Minki spat. “And our morning super left already.”

     Minghao smiled. “So we don't have a supervisor right now?!” Minki nodded. “Give me a stretch roll.”
 
     “No.”

     “Please?”

     “No”

     Minghao pouted. “Why not?”

     “Because, you never do anything. I’ll probably give it to Mingyu if I need to.”

     Minghao gasped. “I do so much.”

     “You always refuse to do anything other than door Minghao. That's not gonna happen.” Minghao pouted at Minki. Minki rolled his eyes. “You're cute powers may work on Aaron and Dongho, but I'm not letting either of them give it to you.”

     “You're rude.” Minghao stated. “But you're still my favourite manager.” Minki laughed and patted Minghao’s shoulder before he walked away.

     The day had been pretty uneventful, other than an handful of 17 year olds trying to sneak into Deadpool, not realizing they only needed one 18 year old for all of them to get in. Minghaos break came later than planned, as Wonwoo was absolutely nowhere to be found for a solid 15 minutes. So he walked over to Box office and clocked in his break at 8:46 pm, then took a look around the theater.

     In between the North and South side, there was a large room, big glass doors covering either end into the open parking lot. When you walked in from the front doors, there was Box Office on your right, beside Box was a huge touch screen on the wall for various games that changed every so often, and an Arcade as well as ticket machines on your left. In the centre of the building, there was Concession, which unlike most theatres, was a giant circle of counters, with 13 zones and 6 popcorn poppers. In each zone there was two cashes, known as Pads in the theater, and giant screens displaying combos and prices to everyone. Behind concession on the right side, there was Poptopia, where you could get many different flavours of popcorn that most people really didn't care about, and OutTakes, where you could get ‘real’ food, like burgers and hot dogs, fries and poutine, pretzels and churros, brownie bites and wraps.

      At OutTakes and Poptopia you could also get raps, if Hansol was working.

     Which he was. 

     Minghao smiled when he noticed Hansol leaving from being the Poptopia counter, name tag in hand, going to swipe out. “Hansol!” Minghao yelled as he watched Hansol walk towards him. Hansol smiled at him and waved. “We have break together~” 

     “Awesome.” Hansol said, swiping out at 8:37 pm. “You going to buy food from OutTakes?” Minghao shook his head.

     “Broke af.” 

     Hansol smiled and put an arm around Minghaos shoulders. “Don't worry about it. I’ll buy you something.” Minghao pinched Hansols side and smiled. 

     They walked over to OutTakes, Hansol already having his bank card out. They stood in line, looking at the menu. “What do you want, Hao?” Minghao shrugged. “Wait-I know what you want. You always get the same thing.” Minghao laughed and nodded, it was true.

     They walked up to the counter and Hansol started ordering from Joshua. “SEUNGGWAN! ONE BUFFALO WRAP AND ONE POUTINE!” Josh yelled to the back. “What do you guys want to drink?” 

     “One coke no ice, and one sprite mixed with fruitopia.” Minghao said.

     Hansol paid and they moved to the side Seunggwan was at, making their food. “Aw. You two on a break date?” He teased.

     Hansol rolled his eyes. “Seunggwan...you know I'm straight.”

     “Ha. I'm not.” Minghao said. 

     Seunggwan shrugged. “I can dream~ my best friend with a cute Chinese boy? Totally hot. 10/10 would watch.”

     Hansol blushed and Minghao laughed and winked at Hansol. “Boo Seunggwan! Don't say stuff like that.” Hansol leaned over the counter to hit his friend's head. “Just please give us our food. You're so annoying…”

     Seunggwan rolled his eyes and handed them their food, telling them to enjoy their 30 minute long break for as long as they could. They walked towards the cast room, which was past all the theatres and in a separate little area along with the change rooms for employees, lockers and the cardboard compactor. Hansol walked into the cast room and pulled Minghao down onto one if the couches at the back of the room. Minghao ate lazily as he rested his head on his friend's shoulder. The room was filled with a few other people also going on break during the slow period at work.

     Hansol rested his head on top if Minghao’s and yawned, exhausted after the day he had. “Y’know…” Their dear friend, and food supervisor, Soonyoung said from across them. “Y’all would make a cute couple.” He said as he shoved mini churros down his throat.

     Minghao rubbed his hand on Hansols thigh and Hansol blushed and choked. “Why do people keep saying that to me? I'm straight!”

     “I'm not~” Minghao sing songed, kissing his best friend's cheek.

     Hansol rolled his eyes. “Go find someone else's to fam, my is an only girls zone.” He pushed Minghao off of his shoulder in a half assed way.

     Minghao snorted. “Yeah, only if you could actually get any. Don't lie to yourself bro.” Hansol pouted and huffed, taking another bite of his food and chewing angrily. “At least I can get some.”

      “Even I'm getting some.” Soonyoung said, eating his poutine like no ones business.

     Hansol choked, again; and Minghao’s eyes widened. “With who?!” 

     Soonyoung blushed and swallowed the sip of coke he had just taken. “I-I…” He cleared his throat. “I can't tell you...it's a secret, for now.” He looked away in embarrassment and then stood up. “I'm going to go back to my job. Hansol I expect you back at Poptopia on time. No 45 ing minute breaks, especially on a Saturday, it can pick up in a split second.” Soonyoung said, changing from his friendly demeanour to his hard working one in 0.76 seconds.

     “Why are you only yelling at me and not Minghao or Mingyu?!” Mingyu looked up from his pulled pork burger and cell phone with a dazed expression.

     Soonyoung put a hand on his hip. “Because I'm food, not floor. So Minghao doesn't matter too me, and Mingyu is on time most of the time. You are always late.” He clapped Hansol on the back and smiled. “See you soon Hansol~”

     Hansol whined and Minghao laughed at his younger friend, patting his head soothingly. After a pretty uneventful 30 minute long break, the two left to return to their jobs, only to find that a man had out in the theatre and paramedics had to run in to check on him; leading to hundreds of complaints from guests wanting refunds for their movie being “interrupted”, and hundreds more complaining about the noise of the other complaints.

     Hansol groaned. “This is going to be a long night…” Minghao nodded and patted Hansols shoulder.

     “Luckily I'm just the guy that rips tickets! Have fun with all the refunds on popcorn~” Minghao sing songed before walking away.