Sports

Why Not?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Injuries .

 

Taekwoon knows first hand.

 

His dream of becoming a professional soccer player is now on hold at the moment.

 

An icepack on his leg was not the coldest thing he had felt today. His doctor had told his parents that he would have to rest for at least six months. The trials for one of South Korea's most prestigious soccer leagues was in a month.

 

“I’m sorry son, you’ll just have to wait until next season.” The disappointment on his father’s face was painful to witness. Taekwoon’s father, being a high ranking soldier in the army, wanted nothing more than his only son to follow in his footsteps. When Taekwoon told his family that he dreamed to be a soccer player, his father was just as enthusiastic and enrolled him in plenty of sports. Taekwondo, swimming, boxing, you name it. His body would be prepared for the gruelling training it would have to face if Taekwoon were to become a professional soccer player.

 

Taekwoon’s three older sister’s had all approached him with tearful eyes. It’s not like he can’t trial the following year, but his hiatus from physical activity for half a year will put him back a while. The past seven years of preparation would have to be revived in seven months.

 

“Get well soon,” his eldest sister said. She had come

Please log in to read the full chapter