Final Chapter

Good Night, Sweet Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perhaps because of the paper works she had to finish that day, or perhaps she was already fed up with the whole week, Seulgi yawned for the hundredth time as she put her last paper work on her boss’ desk. She was relived because she can go home right away, but it wasn’t until one of her co-workers, Irene, asked her, “Seulgi, I’m sorry, but can you help me with this? I promise it won’t take long!” Irene pleaded as she held up a paper on her hand.

Seulgi looked at her, but didn’t say a word. Oh lord, I wanna go home. But since Irene is her senior, she put on a fake smile and said, “Okay, just wait a second, please.” Then she took her phone which was on her desk, and typed a message to Jaebum, telling him she’s gonna be late.

 

Seulgi took a glance at her wristwatch. 8PM. She could’ve been gone home an hour ago, but because of her senior, she had to stay in the office for another hour. “Thanks for your help!” –was the last thing Irene said before she dashed off to meet her boyfriend. Seulgi on the other hand, sighed as she walked down to the main entrance of the office.

A drop of water suddenly hit her hand. , it’s raining! Seulgi ran off as fast as she could to find a shelter. She didn’t even know where the hell she ran off to, but then she realized she ran to a bus stop which has that plastic-ceiling-thing to prevent people from getting wet when it rains. Seulgi felt her phone vibrates inside her pocket so she fished it out.

“Hello?” She answered the phone.

“Where are you?” Jaebum voice could be heard in another line.

“I’m…at the bus stop.” She checked the number which written in there. “Number 103.”

“Okay, I’ll be right there.”

A few minutes later, a grey SUV car approached her and she knew exactly it’s Jaebum’s car. Being a gentleman himself, Jaebum got off from the car—even though it’s raining—and ran to the passenger door to open the door and help Seulgi to get inside the car—who’s always struggling in everything she does.

“Didn’t you always have an umbrella inside your bag?” He asked after he got on the driver’s seat.

“No, I left it in the kitchen this morning.” She replied while yawning.

“Are you sleepy?”

“Yeah, a little.” She changed her sitting position and faced Jaebum. “I totally envy you to be honest.”

“Why?” Jaebum asked, still concentrating on the road.

“You don’t have to go to work early in the morning, able to stay at home, and got a lot more money than those who go to work every single day.” Seulgi puffed her cheeks which made the guy laugh.

“But everybody knows you’re a smarty.” He said as he tried to ruffles her hair.

“Yeah, yeah sure.” Seulgi rolled her eyes. “But that doesn’t mean I get a lot of money l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter