The Complication

Love Story

“Garry Oppa! Come here, I found something! Shouted Song Ji Hyo from afar to show Gary the clue she had just found.

 

Not far from them Kim Jong Kook was observing the pair quite intently while his partner, Ji Seok Jin, busily searched a clue for their team.  “Jong Kook ah! What are you doing?! Help me find the clue or else we won’t get the gold!” called Ji Seok Jin when he saw Kim Jong Kook stood silently behind him. Kim Jong Kook ignored his elder call and kept observing the pair. Suddenly, Yoo Jae Seok appeared beside Kim Jong Kook and slapped his head playfully. Yoo Jae Seok leaned to Kim Jong Kook and whispered, “Jong Kook ah, you’re making it too obvious. We’re still recording.”  Kim Jong Kook, suddenly realized what he had been doing, blushed furiously when he saw Yoo Jae Seok’s grin. Kim Jong Kook then ran back to help Ji Seok Jin find the clues needed while Yoo Jae Seok shook his head and smile knowingly.

 

****

 

Most of Song Ji Hyo’s friends had always called her Miss Meong, Miss Blank, because she spaced out easily.  Well, the name started from Running Man at first but after her friends noticed that she did blank out regularly, her friends started calling her with her Running Man nickname too. With that nickname people might think that she does not pay attention to her surrounding, but on the contrary she actually does. So, when she first felt that someone always watching her every move whenever she shot Running Man episode, Song Ji Hyo turned around to find out who has been looking. Unfortunately, she couldn’t seem to locate the person because she could only see her Running Man member’s backs and the Running Man crew of course.

She swore that it has to be one of the members because she could feel the intent gaze instead of the usual indifference look that the crew gave when they are filming. For now Song Ji Hyo was trying not to care about it because for now winning is more important. Song Ji Hyo is not the Ace in name only.

 

****

 

            “So, the winner today is…Gary and Ji Hyo!” said Yoo Jae Seok cheerfully. Everyone clapped their hands, the PD said cut, and everyone bowed down while saying ‘thank you-s’.

 

            “Anyone up for a drink tonight?” Asked Ha Ha after the team had gathered in the changing room.

 

            “ Me, me, me!” said Lee Kwang Soo.  “Oh, and I think Gary Hyung also wants to go. He told me he hasn’t drink for awhile now.” Lee Kwang Soo added when he saw that Gary was not around anywhere.

 

            “Nice! Jae Seok Hyung and Seok Jin Hyung said that they are also coming so we only need to ask Jong Kook Hyung and Ji Hyo.” Said Ha Ha.

 

At that exact time Kim Jong Kook came in to the changing room and said, “Ji Hyo said she’s going first because she’s running late for her next show, I met her outside.”

 

            “Hyung, do you want to come for a drink with us? Without Ji Hyo it will only be us guys” said Ha Ha.

 

            “I think I’ll pass tonight, Dong Hoon. I’m very tired now” said Kim Jong Kook while ripping off his bandage strip from his knee.

 

            “Aaaaaa, Hyung! Come On! It’s rare for us guys to all meet up for a drink like this. Even Jae Seok Hyung is coming too.” Lee Kwang Soo said after he heard Kim Jong Kook’s excuse.

 

            “But I’m….”

 

            “Sorry Hyung, no buts for today. You are coming with us!” Ha Ha insisted and cut Kim Jong Kook’s sentence.

 

            “But I don’t….”

 

            “Dong Hoon, he’s not coming because Ji Hyo isn’t coming. “ Yoo Jae Seok closed his locker door after he changed to fresh new clothes. “Am I right, or am I right, Jong Kook?”

 

Now everyone in the changing room was giggling like high school girls because they know that Yoo Jae Seok is right.  Kim Jong Kook tried to hide his blush by taking off his shirt and changing it to a fresh one.

 

            “No I am not! I’m just tired because of my schedule; I have to wake up early for tomorrow music show. I have two rehearsals so, I really need to go home.”

 

Kim Jong Kook left right after that but everyone kept snickering because they all know the truth.

 

****

 

            “Jong Kook, how old are you this year? You are 40 this year. 40! Don’t you feel sorry for your mom and Dad for not giving us a grand children?”

 

Kim Jong Kook went back home thinking that he could relax after his long day of work, but fate never really on his side when it comes to rest. His mom called just around 10 minutes after he reached his apartment.

 

            “Mom, you already have 2 grand children. Why do you want more now?” Kim Jong Kook said to his mother while he massaged his temple. Everytime he talked to his mother the marriage talk always come up and it hurt his head.

            “That is a different story. You are almost 40, I can’t take care of you everyday Jong Kook. I’m already old. Mom and Dad wants to see you live happily with your wife and your children. We want you to be happy and got taken care of by some who you love.”

 

            “Mom, I can take care myself and I don’t have anyone I’m interested on moreover, love. Plus I still need to work and save some money.” Kim Jong Kook said. His headache was getting worse because of this conversation. He wants to end it but he does not want to offend her mother.

 

            “Jong Kook, money can come later. You already have more than you need for now. Please let me find you a wife okay. I’ll find you a good match and you can say no if you are not interested.”

 

At the mention of a good match, Kim Jong Kook suddenly remembered about a certain long hair beauty with her creamy white skin. He just couldn’t understand why Song Ji Hyo came into his mind while he was in the middle of this conversation.

 

In the end, Kim Jong Kook was too tired to argue with his mother so he agreed to her suggestion. He’ll let his mother find a girl for him and he can just say no later on. His mom said so herself anyway. For now he just wanted to sleep because his headache was getting worst somehow. 

-----------------

Hi Y'all!

This is my first fanfics ever. I've been writing some stories before, here and there but never really see the end of them, but I do have an end for this one.

English is not my first language so I'm really sorry if mistakes show up here and there (especially my grammar), but I hope you enjoy the story and do review / upvote / subscribe. I would love to hear from all of you :) 

C