I Need U

My Butterfly

You’re my butterfly: small, petite and ready to fly away. It’s hard to know that one day you will walk away and forget who I am, the person who dreamed for you. Don’t you see that I need you? You keep running away leaving me, my screams fill the dark cold winter air. Don’t you see that I’m calling you?

I stay in my room locked up, tear stains covering my once bright expression replacing it with a sad one. My head hurts but I won’t give up just yet. I’m alone and this darkness is destroying me. People say I’m crazy but yes, I’m crazy for you, I need you.

I feel like you hate me, I’m sorry, please forgive me. I can’t keep living like this. Run back to me butterfly, I need you back. I keep looking into the same mirror every day but nothing changes, it’s all the same without you. You were cold towards me yet I try to melt that exterior with a warm embrace. I know one day you will come back and I’ll be waiting for you with open arms and a smile, but I know you won’t come back.

Memories of us flood my head making my eyes water and my heart to break, why are you this cruel? I run away from this feelings but something, no someone makes me run back regretting everything. Our memories, were they worth it?

I sigh and run out of my apartment, run away from life tumbling as strangers pass me. I will be free one day as the flower I first gave you that burned like our pictures. Yet your face is so hard to forget, will it be worth it to end everything? Will it all be worth it to stop the pain?

As I walk through memory lane I went to the places you loved until my feet stopped. The day where everything unfolded, the day where I knew how much I would miss you. A small butterfly passed right by me reminding me of you, you, the person who meant everything to me. You were my life.

As I closed my eyes letting my balance fall from the ledge to the ocean a familiar scent enveloping me. Once the cold took over my body no more breathing. I opened my eyes only to see faint light, it was already blurry but one deep breath was what it took to make a small smile appear in my face again as the buzzing was over, my body numb and darkness took over it.

 

I need you and now I will run to look for you, my butterfly, now is my time to fly away.