Yoona-ya....

DEAR YOONA

 

 

 

Yoona-ya,
   

Unnie have always been grateful and sorry to you.  I’m so grateful that you have not just accepted your role in the group but you fully embodied what we SNSD as group is all about.   You were never just Im Yoona even with your solo activities, you have always been SNSD’s YoonA. You are the glue that binds us all together.  Even with lack of sleep and practice, even with injury sometimes you never once complain, you stand on the stage with the most genuine smile I have ever seen. You could have been bigger than our group but you choose not to.  You could have taken the entire spotlight but instead you push us in front while you stay at the back.  
 

For all the things I’m grateful for are also the things I’m feeling sorry for.  I’m sorry for letting you carry the burden of getting hate for something you did not even wish to have in the first place.  I’m sorry that even in our own fandom they take you for granted.  You have always have us (SNSD and SONEs) as your priority that you even have to hold back most of your personal activities just to focus in our group.  
 

So on your 27th birthday my only wish is that you prioritize yourself first.  Be selfish even for a day.  Think of nothing but yourself because you deserve that for working hard for the last 9 years as SNSD’s Yoona.  For once be IM YOONA.

With so much love,
Taengoo unnie