Shower

EunHae drabbles

Neighbour/Roomate We’ve never met but we shower at the same time and our showers are on opposite sides of the same apartment wall so sometimes we start duets?

 

Living in apartments has it cons and its pros.

Cons: you can hear everything.

Pros: smaller place, less things to clean up.

Cons: you can hear everything.

Pros: if I need something I can always borrow from my neighbors.

Cons: seriously, you can hear everything.

 

And I don’t know whether to put this in a pro or a con but my shower wall happens to be another shower wall on the other side, and my neighbor and I shower at the same time at night. The water coming down from the shower does little to muffle the sounds coming from his side of the wall.

Which sometimes happen to be him singing some really good songs that happen to be on my playlist.

I’ve always showered with my stereo on, helps me take measure of the time and also I love to sing in the shower. And one day he just joined in, and we started having duets together. Sometimes he is in the shower first and would put his stereo and his songs and I’ll be the one joining.

One day though I discovered he was a huge musicals fan; just like myself.

I entered the shower normally only to find out he was already showering and was singing “Who am I” from Les Miserables. And of course I joined him as Javert when the next song came in. And right there and then there was something that clicked amazingly right.

And one day when I won the shower and had Disney feels I put the Lion King’s soundtrack and he joined in as any animal that wasn’t Simba (since I was singing as him).

Funny thing is our neighbors must complain a lot about us because we both are bad singers; well… I just need little bit of more practice, he… he probably needs some lessons. But that makes it all better because he doesn’t cares what people might think about him he still sings loudly.

Can it be possible to have a crush on someone you’ve never met?

--

It was getting near the time to shower when I heard water from his side. Only to stop about a minute later. Then I heard as he got out, out of his bathroom and came running out of his apartment.

Knock knock

I go to answer the door confused. I open it and I see a guy about my size, his short reddish hair was dripping wet, he was shirtless, his abs (to die for) were also wet, he had sweat pants on and was barefoot, my eyes got back to his face that showed a gummy smile.

“Hey” he said brightly.

“H-hey” I answered nervously.

My neighbor was hot… and he sang duets with me in the shower.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, we’ve never met right? My name’s Hyukjae, I’m… the neighbor who sings duets with you” he introduced himself sheepishly.

“Ye-ah I, I know… my name’s Donghae” I answer back with a small smile. Trying to restrain myself from just reaching out and touching his abs.

“Hi Donghae” he says with a big grin and I swear my name sounded nothing special until today. “I’m sorry, I ran out of soap and I hadn’t noticed, do you have any to spare?”

“Yeah… just… you wanna come in? I’ll go and get it” I say moving away from the door and leaving it wide open for him.

“Thanks but I’ll just wait outside, I don’t want to drip water on your floor” he says simply.

“Okay, I’ll… I’ll be back then” I say and I run to the bathroom to grab a soap.

I return to the door and hand it to Hyukjae.

“Thank you very much!” he says as he bows a little “I promise tomorrow I’ll go and buy more and return it to you”

“Ah, you don’t need to really… I… kind of buy packages so I’m fine” I answer shrugging my shoulders and he smiles brightly in return “but… I mean… if you ever want to buy me dinner… that’ll be cool too”

I look down at the floor for a brief second and then at Hyukjae. He looks shocked at first but then his lips form a smirk.

“Sure, I’ll love too” he says with a wink. “Thanks again, sing you in the shower then” he says as he bows again and then leaves to enter his apartment.

I think I’ve never raced to the bathroom and got into the shower as fast as I did today.