Chapter 1

My Love From the Kindergarten

Never in his life Song Mino would fancy himself working as a kindergarten teacher. Yes he liked children, so much that his friends often said that they have the same mental age, but he didn’t think that he would be able to take care of kids.

But his lifetime friend, Nam Taehyun, asked him something beyond imagination. He knew that his buddy worked as a part-timer in a kindergarten near their college and Taehyun said he loved working there despite his usual image. Mino had heard plenty stories about the students, teachers, and other things as Taehyun had worked there for three months. He always thought to pay a visit albeit his lack of purpose, but he never had the chance to do so since his college life and night time job as an underground rapper.

And Mino finally got the chance to visit for an entire month. On one fine day, Mino felt like getting struckted by storm. Taehyun asked to substitute him in the middle of their lunch as if it was a normal thing to do with his usual ignorant look and continued to eat his meal. On the other hand, Mino was left jaw-hanging and his eyes looked like having an attempt to escape from its place as he stared wide-eyed at his bestfriend, creating the infamous Song-hamster shocked look from the Art Faculty.

“You have the same thought with them anyway, so it shouldn’t be hard.” He remembered Taehyun saying things like that easily. Mino was whining the whole day, begging Taehyun to look for another person instead of him, but was replied by a rejection. “Hyung, I seriously ask this to you. My professor asked me to do a project and it requires at least a month. I only trust you for this thing.”

Mino couldn’t say no when Taehyun played his ‘I only trust you’ card. With a childish sulking style, Mino eventually agreed and continued to grumble how he would keep up with his performance at bar and how he should face Zico’s endless nagging. “It shouldn’t bother your schedule. You always perform at night, right? The school ended at 4.” And that’s how Mino lost his chance to sulk.

So here he was, standing in front of the gate with depressed look. He didn’t know how he should handle the kids. What if he makes the kids cry? What if the kids dislike him? What if the school got a bad image because of him? What if he makes Taehyun lost his favorite job? Mino wanted to cry at those imaginary things. He groaned, starting to regret his decision to accept this and he almost retrieve his phone to inform Taehyun that he gave up when the front door opened, revealing a tall man with round glasses holding a plastic bag.

The man grinned at him, stepping forward and opened the gate until they faced each other. “What are you doing here?”

Luckily Mino managed to form a small, slightly awkward smile despite his flustered state. “Uh, preparing to go inside?” A dumb reply which earned a raised eyebrow from the other man. Mino watched as he placed the plastic bag inside the garbage can and went back in front of Mino.

He seemed to think for awhile before he clapped his hands once as if he just got an idea who Mino was. “Are you Taehyun’s replacement? He said the person will come today.” 

Mino thought the person was harmless and he looked like an exciting person which was proven by the way he took his hand for an energetic handshake. “I’m Lee Seunghoon! Let’s go inside together. The kids might be disappointed at first because you are not Taehyun, but I’m sure they will like you soon.”

“My name is Song Mino, nice to meet you.” He didn’t know whether he should be relieved or panic, but Mino decided to follow Seunghoon.

By the time he stepped inside, Mino couldn’t stop looking. Inside the building was very colorful and he could hear the sound of kids’ laughter at the other side of the room. Toys were scattered on the floor and Mino had his eyes fixated on a particular robot which he found interesting.

“Jinwoo-hyung, the new boy is coming!”

Mino heard Seunghoon called beside him. The name was familiar, as well as Lee Seunghoon, but he heard about this Jinwoo from Taehyun a lot. From the stories, Mino pictured him as a kinda dumb but loving person. He always had this nerd and clumsy image for Jinwoo, but he definitely never expect this.

As soon as Mino laid his eyes on the person, he couldn’t take his eyes off. He swore that the person was the most beautiful human being he had ever seen excluding his mother and sister. It was weird even for himself because the picturesque in front of him was a man. A man with soft, pink hair that invited his hand to caress it. A man with twinkling eyes that seemed surreal for Mino. A man with fair skin like a baby and soft features. A man with petite figure who offered him the warmest smile Mino got in his 23 years life and what’s with this sudden fast-paced heartbeat?

Mino snapped back from his thought when he heard gentle voice greeted his hearing and he didn’t know if it was just him or there were really flowers and breeze wind around the gorgeous person. “Song Mino-ssi? We have been waiting for you.”

The voice was pleasant to his ears and Mino kinda got addicted to the soft timbre from him. Mino found himself staring but still unable to avert his gaze away. He felt like he was engrossed by those attractive eyes and Mino accidentally made a mistake when he brought his stare lower and landed at the supple lips. He was intrigued to lean forward and take a bite of the delicate flesh.

“Song Mino-ssi?”

Mino felt like his heart stopped for awhile when the gentle voice sounded even closer and the next thing he knew that the person’s face was right in front of him with concern filled his eyes. Mino automatically stepped back and finally took a deep breath he didn’t know he was holding. He thanked his reflex to move away before he could do anything stupid because damn those lips are so close to him.

“Ah, right, okay. I mean, yeah. I’m Song Mino, Taehyun’s friend.”

“Nice to meet you, Mino-ssi. My name is Kim Jinwoo, I hope you like this place.”

‘I don’t know about that, but I definitely like you.’

Mino patted himself at the back inwardly for getting a hold of his tongue before spilling those embarrassing reply. “Yeah, sure. Nice to meet you, Jinwoo-ssi.”

At the second thought, he might had made the right decision and Mino made a mental note to remind himself to thank Taehyun later. And maybe he should ask Zico to teach him his flirting technique. And maybe Mino had been head over heels for none other than Kim Jinwoo from the start of their meeting. And maybe Mino needed extra energy to keep himself together to create a great impression for his love at first sight.