Captured Moments..

Red Against White

Lee Minhyuk, also known as Bbomb was beautiful. He was absolutely no doubt breathtaking. No, he was beyond perfect that no words could describe him.

It wasn’t the smile that charmed me….it was his adorable dimple.

It wasn’t that he could dance ever so ily that attracted me…it was his determination to always deliver a powerful dance piece.

I had long acknowledged the fact that I may have developed certain feelings for the dancer. There could hardly be any complications to actually stop my feelings from going with the flow. I mean, he knows who I am, heck we were best friends. He was never shy to cry out his anger or sadness when around me. He shared with me his deepest darkest of secrets. However, there was this one major problem that totally blocks my will from getting what I want……

I am none other than BlockB’s Kim Yukwon.

                                                                                                XXXX

It had already started snowing in the busy street of Seoul. The whole place was covered in blanket of white and the temperature had dropped below zero degrees Celsius. However, impervious to the beauty of the scene outside the window of our dance studio, I was bent forward resting my hands on my knees as I caught my breath. I was sweating profusely after practicing for our dance break for the third time in a row. I lay myself across the polished wooden floor staring straight at the ceiling. My chest heaved.

“Hyung…I’m..really..tired. Need…to…rest.” I managed to gasp each word out. I could hear Minhyuk’s low chuckle. He walked towards me and gave my side a soft kick. I was too tired to dodge so instead I accepted it and winced.

“Yah~Kwon ah…This dance break is extremely important for us. We don’t have much time left to practice,” I groaned at his words. Like as if I didn’t know that already. My stamina was certainly no match for the energized Minhyuk. I may be the adorable always-jumping-about-cheerful-member but Minhyuk’s energy just doesn’t seem to deteriorate. He knelt down beside me and pushed my wet fringe away from my forehead. My body was hot from all the vigorous dancing but the place where his hand had touched was burning. My eyes widened and my heart thumped when he gave me his famous dimple smile. I had the urge to squeal like those fangirls of his but I knew it would be rather inappropriate. So instead, I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes, focusing on slowing down my rapid heartbeat.

“Breathe in…and out….Breathe in…and out..breathe—“ I was snapped out of my thoughts when I was yanked up and pulled to my feet. I screamed at the sudden movement which earned me a loud laughter coming from Minhyuk. I watched as he walked towards the player and started the song again. Soon enough, Chris Brown’s Take You Down boomed out loud from the speakers and bounces off the walls of the dance studio. I groaned. We had been dancing to this song ever since that day on MTV’s Match Up concert. I was absolutely sick of it but Minhyuk’s totally the opposite. He has no mercy at all when it comes to perfecting our dance moves, and that what made me fall for him even more.

I cracked my knuckles and hopped on the spot, loosing myself into the music. I drowned my body and soul and felt each and every beat of the song. I smiled at the familiar feelings as my body geared up and starts to get lost into the dance steps. Each movement was sharp and précised as we watched our reflections in the mirror. Once in awhile we would glance at the other’s reflection just to match our timings and be as synchronized as possible. If Infinite sunbaenims could do it, why not us? However it was harder than I thought as I realized that looking and Minhyuk’s reflection was one of my biggest problems. I tend to always get mesmerized by every body-waves he did and how wet he got from sweating so much as he danced. Minhyuk’s the type to give 101% of his ultimate best to please his fans. Hence I could die just by watching him do all those small yet significant moves like lifting up his shirt or, what I love to call, abusing his bottom lip. Just from those slight distractions, I had missed my step and it caught his attention. He clicked his tongue at me as he stopped the song and turned to me. I gave him a sheepish smile before bowing apologetically at him.

“Yah kwon ah…you’ve totally messed up the timing. You’re supposed to do this and this within one count not two,” he grumbled as I nodded my head, watching him demonstrate the steps for me. I tried it but did it wrongly again. He then walked up to stand beside me and did the steps once again.

“Okay look. You go, 1..2—No~~ You’re doing it wrong again,” I sighed. I was really trying my best but the way I moved my hands or hips were not what he wanted. I did the steps again, watching myself in the mirror.

“1..2—ARGH!!” I screamed and face palmed when I realized that I was doing the same thing as before. I focused on my reflection as I pumped my fists out followed by a strong . I was about to throw a fit when a pair of hands held gently onto my waist. I froze as Minhyuk pulled his own body against my back, his head just beside mine, and his eyes staring straight at mine through my reflection.

I gulped.

“Hell this is so not gonna help me,” the voice in my head cried as his breath sent shivers down my spine.

“Just follow my lead. 1..2..3. Again. 1,2..3” he continuously did body waves after body waves against me, making my body follow his. I tried with all my heart to keep my mind as saint as possible as he continued to roll his body. It was killing me. My body was hot and my cheeks were flushed. But one thing I was glad of was the fact that he could not feel my rapid heartbeat. I just hoped he didn’t hear them.

“Yeah..good! You’re getting it. Just relax your shoulders and put in more strength in the ,” my heart thrashed about in the confines of my ribcage after hearing what he said.

“yes..but just move your hips—Ooff!” I missed a beat and jumped when his right hand had suddenly slid down to my thigh which caused my bottom to crash straight into his…..front. I fell forward, in a hurry to get away from him. He on the other hand was scratching the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

“Whoops~sorry..that was erm..awkward. I think you’re just too tired to continue. Let’s just call it a day yeah?” Minhyuk said as he walked to grab his bottle before heading out of the dance studio. I however, was still on the floor, fanning my red face just as soon as he disappeared out the door. My heart was beating extremely fast that I thought it was about to jump out.

And for the rest of that day onwards, I could not look at him in the eyes.

                                                                                                XXXX