the darn hat.

Candy store.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae is a graduate from accountancy and arts. After graduation, getting a job was far from feach since his father will obviously force him to work at the family bakery and sweets shop. They were both technically one. 

One particularly winter day, it had snow down pretty hard and youngjae curses how cold it is inside too despite how they had a heater installed but still and ontop of that, that day he has to take care of his dad's shop, strictly forbidden to close it gor a day because his father thought he was quote 'using lame excuse' because he was away to go on a trip. He didn't know how intense the weather here was. 

 Youngjae doesn't like anything about sweets, he doesn't like the weather very much and he certainly doesn't like the sound of the chime of the bell very much either, he sighs to go get himself another cup of hot chocolate. Perks of having the storeto yourself is that you can have whatever you like.... except for the part where he doesn't like sweets, what's the use?

He came back with the mug in his hands that was when the bell chimes in, normally he doesn't pay attention to the customer much but his eye coincidentally caught a glimpse of pink. Thinking it might be a cute girl, he looked towards the newcomer. To his surprise it wasn't a cute girl but rather a a boy, panting now, hands strecthed at his knees. Wearing pink? What? He looks above at youngjae, only to avert his eyes back to the floor where his feet are.

 

 

Youngjae pov.

 

 

Oh? He looked away, I couldn't see his face, well what do I care? I just looked at my phone, but my the corner of my eyes, I kept glancing at the boy who was standing there awkwardly for no real reason. This was ridiculous, why was I stealing glances? What was I? A girl? I wasn't shy, to be honest im stealing glances but im certainly not shy about it. I decided to man up and look directly at the boy.

I saw big eyes, staring at the wall on the right,... I had to admit they were beautiful, long eye lashes above them to give them a beatiful shape. thick full lips, like he was pouting right now. I coughed, looked like a stared for too long. I never saw his face before. It was new, I was curious. He did look kind of... cute? Maybe? My first impression of him was that. 

 I hesitate to ask him anything, it looks like he was running from the freezing weather. Poor thing. He immediately tugs at his wooly soft hat above his head, adjusting it again. I noticed it only now. Pink? It's cute. I smile thinking the boy was nicely attractive with that, wearing a big warm coat and a mufler with a warm and fuzzy big hat with brown strands of hair peeking out. He was a new face, I was allowed to stare at him, nothing wrong with that right?

"Anything I can help you with?" I asked, because the boy was not talking at all. It's been minutes since he just stood there, I saw him look at me finally but to flinch and avert his eyes down again.... what? I was curious of his behaviour, was he scared? I was concerned but that all disappeared once my eyes noticed the pink covering his cheeks, slightly dusting them. It might be from the cold but they might not be... his eyes finally told of the shyness he was emitting, they couldn't dare to meet mine. I somehow found that attractive as well. Was there anything I disliked yet? Nope.

"Uhmm, no, I--" sweet honey like voice could tell the boy was a little nervous about talking to me "c-can i just stay here for a while...? It's really cold outside..." the boy continued to weakly say and stutter nervously, I smiled, this was the first time someone had behaved this nervous towards me, it kinda interested me? Urged me to talk more to him. I observed his behaviour further. He was totally looking down, his plump lips, I suspected that his lips and pulling at his hat must be one of his habbits.

 "Oh, are you tired? Wait." I immediately went to drag the small chair near him. "Sit here." I leave a chair next to him, the boy sits with doe like big eyes, .... oops, did i scare him?.... his hands automatically went to his cap, pulling it again with his both hands. mumbling a word or gratitude towards me, voice faint. "Wait here." I say to him, and he nods, making my heart swell, his little gestures that were like a sudden rewards to me. I quickly get some hot chocolate thats from the special one we sell here. Smiling to myself, expecting what I'll get to see what he'll express while drinking it.

 When I return, I find that he's quietly sitting there just like I like I told him to, aish... how cute~ I wonder what his name is.

"What? Is that for me?" The boy surprisingly asks when I hand him the mug. Looking at me with curiosity. Then looking away, i wonder when will he look at me? But that wasnt what got my attention, the fact that many words from his mouth this time, letting my ears hear his voice... i wanted to hear it again, it was new. my heart became excited. 

I nod "mmhhm~, yes." I didn't want to say anything further, choosing my words carefully to leave a good or safe impression on the boy. He's just too sweet. He gripped the mug on both hands, sipping but making a slight face of.... sad? He slightly pouted and as much as i would want to melt at his cute expression he pulled, Realization struck me, Oh, how can I forget? He must want some sugar in it! I always drink without it. So i forgot! Paboya!!!! I immediately offered him a jar of sugar... he hesitantly took a little but when i urged him to help himself of some more and smiled warmly, I didnt expect him to take whole two big spoonfuls of sugar from it again, taking a taste again to check.., only to smile, looking effortlessly charming, like 2 times more precious, Leaving me gaping at the dangerous intake of over-sweetness he displayed.

 He must like sweets.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter