Their Kiss

Pillow Kiss

Satin Kiss

 

*

 

It's raining.

 

Soojung kisses the Pillow before she lays her head onto the white satin fabric. Myungsoo has always had to use only satin bedding, and she agrees unknowingly with him. She then realised later that she has become addicted to its soft touch - which, perhaps, reminds her of his gentle fingers on her skin.

 

Soojung pulls her own pinkish duvet over herself, before reaching over to get Myungsoo's light grey duvet; dragging it over the first one. He has always hated sharing duvets. The honeymoon period - as she calls it - lasted for two weeks before he decided duvet war wasn't his forté, opting for two single duvets instead. The double layer is heavy on her. Soojung would sometimes jolt up in the middle of a warmer night from the lack of oxygen, she would go through the trouble of throwing her own duvet off and sleeping with his. It's like her without him - suffocating.

 

Soojung moves about under the duvets. She loves the sense of her bare legs against the covers. The fabric shuffles about, much to her annoyance, against her movements. Its weight hanging from her feet - perhaps this is a reason she should sleep with only one duvet. Though that's all right, because it reminds her of how their legs tangle together on rainy nights when the temperature drops.

 

Soojung breathes in the sandalwood of him. Myungsoo said he loves the smell of the air after rain - the smell of the wet soil. She always tells him that it's actually the smell of the oil from the grass, not the soil - but he insists. So, she let's him believe so (though, really, it annoys her). Myungsoo smells like warm sandlewood when he sleeps, serene and soothing - she likes it better than her own rosey smell. She once told him she liked the smell of Crabtree & Evelyn's Indian Sandalwood instead of his usual Original Source's Mint and Tea Tree.  He argued it's cheaper but she bought it for him anyway - now he smells like sandalwood because it reminds him, both of them, of rainy days.

 

Soojung is at that brim of drifting into dreamland and being awake, when she pulls the Pillow to her side. The Pillow is big enough for her to hug and use as a bolster. And so, she imagines remembering what it feels like to hug him, annoying him with her leg across him. Myungsoo would often push her weight off of him, only to have it back on a second later. They would, most of the time, end up tickling each other and getting sleep hours later - after many kisses and moans. She dips her head into the soft edge of the Pillow and finds a comfortable position. Maybe Soojung just really misses Myungsoo.

 

 

-xxx-

 

Pink Kiss

 

*

 

The door from outside lets the haunting corridor lights in; it then clicks shut again quietly. A man heaving a backpack is careful not to let the door slam. He's careful not make too much noise as he takes off his soaking sneakers and puts them away neatly, before removing his wet socks. The heavy backpack is then placed on a desk - on top of a pile of newly processed photos, while his suitcase abandoned at the entrance. The backpack flops onto its back and rolls of films roll out of the side pockets - not to Myungsoo's attention.

 

He drags his bare feet across the room - sofa still as white, walls still as white and everything as white as he remembers it to be. Soojung has never been a girl of colours, though she loved pink. He calls it light pink, but she insists on calling it salmon Pink. Her phone case, her favourite cap, her favourite scarf - salmon Pink. Myungsoo finds Soojung beautiful in Pink - but he finds her beautiful even on her bluest days.

 

He thinks the room still smells the same, despite her constant spraying of Glades' Cashmere Woods - he'd rather the smell of roses. In all honesty, he doesn't mind it - the smell of paint and chemicals of processing photos. She smells like acrylic paint and tries to cover it with roses, though he doesn't love the smell; he's grown nostalgic to it. If Myungsoo recalls correctly, she was never interested in the art of light before he came along - to which the smell of processing chemicals became an addition to her room. Myungsoo thinks he prefers the smells of the chemicals on her to the smell of soil after rain - Soojung says it's from grass, but what ever. She dislikes her smell of art.

 

The light from the bathroom gets turned off minutes later and Myungsoo's out with black shirt and black shorts - his black hair wet from the shower but dry enough to sleep with. He's reminded of a rainy day, perhaps one less cold than tonight's. The sandalwood soap chosen by Soojung was his painkiller over the times he has been away from home. Tonight's sandalwood would be warmer than most nights.

 

Myungsoo slowly makes his way around, his hands out-stretched careful not to knock anything over. He wouldn't want to put a splatter of colour on the white of the room, to which he safely reaches a sliding door. When the last light from the living room is cut off, he turns around and takes a look at this blue girl curled up against his pillow. She's piled under two heavy duvets, her breathing slow. He often wonders if it's difficult to breathe under that weight. But she's beautiful.

 

The bed creaks loudly as he sits on his side of the bed - to which he stops - checks that Soojung is still asleep and slowly lies down beside her. Myungsoo takes his grey cover off of her and puts it over himself. She stirs around and takes a deep breathe. He concludes to himself that the duvets were heavy on her, and wonders why she does it - though he probably knows the answer for he would've done the same himself. Soojung curls tighter into his pillow, her Pink duvet wrapped around her just below her shoulders. Her off-white t-shirt (or wait, is that his?) slipping off her plump shoulders - at least one of Myungsoo's worries flew away, she's eating just fine.

 

Myungsoo misses the satin sheets at home. He sleeps better with the silky sheets and the smell of her rose. Oh, he misses her Pinks and roses. Though he hates to do this everytime, he peels her arms off his pillow, to place across his body. The pillow returns to its purpose - under his head - and his arms return to their home - across her body.

 

He's drifting between light and dark when he feels their feet tangle together before a weight releases itself onto him. Normally he would push her leg off, but perhaps tonight is a colder night than usual. He doesn't mind it. Myungsoo pulls Soojung closer to him and places a kiss on the tip of her nose. He's sure tonight will be warmer than most.

 

 

-xxx-

 

 

Your Kiss

 

*

 

Soojung wakes up without the Pillow by her side. She sits up from underneath her pink duvet, letting it slide off her. Myungsoo's grey one is neatly made up and with a stronger scent of sandalwood on the sheets than yesterday. With half-lidded eyes, she pats on the Pillow as if to confirm herself. Their grey-blue curtains were open, while a camera decorated their bedside. Something shoots through her. The salmon Pink duvet is discarded and the Pillow forgotten, she gets out of bed and shouts for him.

 

Myungsoo throws his sweaters and various t-shirts into the laundry basket; hopefully Soojung'll separate the blacks from the whites for him. There's two parts of his job that he hates most - the packing and unpacking. He ends up thinking he's packed one too many shirts, but turns out he's packed three too little shirts - or underwear. The last of it goes straight to the basket.

 

"Myungsoo!"

 

His heart goes a little Pinker from her voice.

 

And between scattering films and flying hugs, the pillow is forgotten and the pink is insignificant. His rolls of films on the floor gets kicked around as their feet shuffle around. Soojung's brushes gets knocked over out of their tin.

 

Soojung wraps her arms around him. She dips her head into the soft curving of his neck - she finds a comfortable position. Soojung just really misses Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo trips over a roll of film, onto the white sofa and smells the acrylic, roses from her - much better than the air freshener. Myungsoo finds her beautiful pink, blue - as Soojung.

 

The Pink, the rose. The Pillow, the sandalwood.

 

The pink the pillow; the rose the sandalwood.

 

 

 


 

I'm honestly very conflicted right now. 

I'm so happy about KaiStal

- fricking going to protect that couple

at all costs.

Happy Jongin chose Krystal!

But I shipped MyungStal too much (;  ;)

At least Myungsoo is a good friend of hers.

 

Mirae