1

Not Worth It

One fine Sunday morning, everyone is having fun under the sun. Kids are running around the park, the laughters along with the birds chirping are very lovely to hear. Everyone is enjoying their weekend.. except for Wonwoo who is sitting on the grass, holding a phone on his hand, and his eyes are obviously tired for crying over night.

 

Wonwoo and Seungcheol used to walk hand in hand in the park every Sunday. It is their only time together since Sunday is their rest from work. They don't mind cuddling in a public place. They are proud to show to everyone that they are happy in each others arms. They are so inlove.

 

But now, not anymore..

 

It is supposed to be their 3rd anniversary today, but Wonwoo is celebrating it the unusual way. Alone. The best day of his life has finally become the worst.

 

Seungcheol broke up with him five days ago. It's been almost a week but ever since that day, Wonwoo never stops crying. He keeps on asking hiimself, where did he went wrong? He can't understand what just happened to them. He thought their love story was a fairy tale. But why did it just turn into a nightmare? He didn't expect the older to leave him for a woman. Al this time, Wonwoo knows that Seungsheol never got interested to girls. They are friends for 5 years before they had their relationship.Technically, they have known each other for almost 8 years. So, Wonwoo thought that he knows Seungcheol very well. But, as what happened to me, he realized that he really don't. 

 

Wonwoo started to believe in the saying that 'just like seasons, people change.'

 

 

Very unpredictable.

 

 

And it really hurts.

 

 

Instead of forgetting everything, Wonwoo still keeps on remembering the moments they have shared together. He thinks that keeping yourself hurting until you feel numb can helps you recover. So he decided to visit again the park where they leave their happiest memories. From the time he arrives at the park, tears don't stop from falling on his eyes. Everything he sees, hurts him. Everything around him, reminds him of Seungcheol. But the feeling of hurt inside of him gets stronger when we heard a song playing somewhere near him. The song playing is "Born For You" by David Pomeranz, which is their themesong. Wonwoo realized how stupid his idea was. Maybe, it really doesn't help at all.

 

The song suddenly stops and a voice of a guy was heard behind Wonwoo. "Omg! I'm so sorry. I thought the song can make you feel better. Aish. I think I made the situation worst." there is some guilt on someone's voice.

 

Wonwoo jumps on his position when he heard someone talking. He never know that the person is actually talking or referring to him until a handkerchief was offered infront of him.

 

"Sorry. I don't talk to strangers." Wonwoo said without looking at the person now sitting beside him. But the guy didn't move, still giving his hankie to Wonwoo.

 

"Oh. Me too." the stranger chuckles, "but.. I don't like seeing someone crying."

 

"Thanks but I don't need your or anyone's concern right now. I can handle it. So please, just leave me alone." Wonwoo turn around and now his back is facing the stranger.

 

"But, I don't think you're doing well in handling this situation." the guy moves to his side again. He titled his head to check Wonwoo's crying face. "Look at you. Your eyes are swelling. How long have you been crying?" 

 

Wonwoo finally turns his face to the stranger because he is getting irritated. "It is none of your business." But he makes a little pause when he saw the guy smiling sweetly at him. He got distracted when the guy smiles a little wider which shows his cute canine teeth. But it doesn't stops Wonwoo on pushing the stranger away. "Leave. Me. Alone." and Wonwoo turn back again and continues to sob.

 

But the stranger didn't leave his side. Instead, he moves closer again to Wonwoo now trying to have a peek on what is on the screen of Wonwoo's phone.

 

"So, you are crying because of that jerk." The guy makes a smirk though the other can't see it. Wonwoo turns to him again, suprised on what he heard.

 

"Im sorry? Did you just say jerk?" the guy nods and Wonwoo closes his fist, shaking because of so much emotions inside him. "How dare you call Seungcheol like that? You.. you don't know him! I don't know you either.." Tears are still flowing on his face. Yes, he knows to himself that he also wants to call Seungcheol a jerk. He is indeed a jerk. But.. there's still a part of him that cares for the older. He don't want someone to accuse or blame Seungcheol. He still really loves Choi Seungcheol. But, at the same time, he really hates him.

 

"Oops. I'm sorry," the guy lowers his head but looks at Wonwoo again when he starts to explain himself. " Listen. I don't want to offend you. Hm. Yes, I don't know him. That Seu.. Seung.. whatever his name is. But as I look at you. Watching you crying a river right now, I think I already know him. You are hear in the middle of the park. Sitting alone. Crying while looking at your picture together. Obviously, there's something going on here."

 

Though Wonwoo is so irritated with the guy, he let him speak and suprisingly, he is listening attentively on what the guy is going to say.

 

"You two obvoiusly had a misunderstanding.. or a fight.. or you broke up with that guy, which I assume is your boyfriend.." the guy looks at Wonwoo but he is just silently crying,"oh..if that's not.. then maybe..ahm.. did he died?"

 

"How I wish.. he would have just died."

 

The stranger look at him, suprised. He didn't expect Wonwoo's response will be like that.

 

"So I'm right, he left you.. here.. alone. Crying, feeling so hopeless, hurting. Then, allow me to call him a jerk. That's really him." He looks at Wonwoo with so much pity. Wonwoo cry harder and the stranger continues, "He is so stupid. Such a jerk. He is stupid for leaving and hurting someone so beautiful like you. You are special. You shouldn't be treated like this."

 

The guy places his hands on Wonwoo's face to wipe his tears. He then releases a sigh, "Stop crying, beautiful. Don't waste those precious tears of yours for someone like him. He is not worth it."

 

Wonwoo continues sobbing. The guy moves forward to give the crying boy a hug and let Wonwoo rest his head on his shoulders. "Don't worry. I won't do the same. I will not leave you."

 

Right now, Wonwoo doesn't mind if he is talking to a stranger. He doesn't mind if he is resting on the shoulders of someone he just met. What matters now is Wonwoo has finally found peace. It is really strange, but he feels so safe and relieved in the arms of this stranger. Contrary to what he said earlier, Wonwoo definitely needs someone. Someone to make him feel better. And he is very thankful.. for this stranger.

 

When Wonwoo finally calm down, he pulls back from the hug. He can see the stranger smiling at him again. Wonwoo starts to feel weird. His heart starts to beat faster than normal.

 

"Th.. thanks." Wonwoo stutters. He lower his head feeling so shy to the stranger.

 

"No worries, beautiful." Wonwoo feels his cheeks heat up as the guy called him beautiful. It's really weird. He bites his lips while looking away to avoid the other's eyes.

 

"By the way. I'm Kim Mingyu." the guy says, grin on his face.

 

Wonwoo looks at the other's eyes. And finally, after so long.. Wonwoo smiles.

 

 

"Wonwoo. I'm Jeon Wonwoo."

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you go. 

How was it? I think it is very common. TT Omg. To those who subscribed, I hope you're not disappointed? Hahahaha. I'm so sorry.

I've been thinking of this story a long time ago. I'm happy.. finally I had posted it. :)

Thanks for reading. <3 I do really appreciate it TT

Saranghae.