1/1

Warmer Than Coffee

Sunggyu glared at his hot coffee cup with an adorable pout—at least adorable, in Eunji’s eyes. They had just fetched the warm drinks from the vending machine they found in that orthopedic clinic’s waiting room while waiting for his check-up time.

“What’s wrong, oppa?” she chuckled slightly while caressing the frowns showing up on his forehead.

He took a glance at her before glaring back at his coffee—and back to his pouting-mode. “This cup of coffee could only warm up one of my hands…,” he mumbled—nearly whining.

“So, what? You can just hold the cup with both hands like this, can’t you?” She showed him how she herself kept her hands warm by holding her cup of coffee with both hands.

“No,” he stated almost too instantly. “Because I’ll look like you or even that little kid sitting across us,” he lifted his eyes to point at a cute little boy sat across them in that corridor who was holding a cup of his drinks adorably.

Eunji blinked once and frowned, trying to grasp what the meaning of his reasoning. What’s wrong with holding the cup with both hands will make him to ‘look like me and the boy’?

“It won’t look manly.”

Seriously now, Kim Sunggyu?

Not to be rude, but Eunji tried really hard not to laugh at his too-matured-statement. This wasn’t the first time he showed her this side of him, though.

“Well, you can put your other hand inside your pocket then?”

“Then I’ll look like a sick man even more, Ji…,” he pouted even more and Eunji prevented herself not to pinch on her squishy boyfriend’s cheeks. She was even sure that Sunggyu would probably stomp down his foot on the floor if it was not for his casted foot because of the injury he got. Sometimes, he was just too stubborn to keep his (childish) man’s pride.

He took a sip of his still warm coffee and Eunji could see how he wriggled his other hand to fight the coldness somehow. She smiled at the sight, still found him too adorable. And not too long after, he felt something warm and soft grasped on his free hand and intertwined with each of his fingers. He looked down at smiled when noticing how perfect her hand intertwining with his as if it was made just specifically for him.

“Feel warmer now?” she grinned.

“Hm-hm.”

And Kim Sunggyu didn’t care whether his cheeks were flushed like a teenager girl in love. He was obviously not a teenager girl. But sure, he was in love with this lovely girl who would always stay by his side—even if he was in the lowest part of him.

***