Final

We Were Like A Dream

Message from My Baby Soul

“Oppa, I'm done with work! ^^ See you at the boutique! I love you

 

Sunggyu smiles at the text message before he puts back the phone into his pocket and makes his way to the parking lot. Entering his car, he starts the engine and drives off fast, eager to meet his girl.

 

-------------------------------

Soojung walks around the racks full of wedding dresses and gowns. They are all so breathtaking, she was having a hard time deciding which to wear for her big day. Yes, she is getting married with the love of her life, the guy who succeeded in winning her heart and keeping it whole, Kim Sunggyu.

A sweet smile breaks on her face as her mind travels back to the time when Sunggyu first made his moves on her. It was 5 years ago when she was still in college. The male was the lead vocalist of the most popular band in her campus back then, but he would soon graduate so he had to look for his replacement. That was when they first met, in the auditorium when the audition was held. She had accompanied her childhood friend, Woohyun, and of course he easily got the position with his flawless voice. And using his authority as a senior, he forced Woohyun to introduce her to him after knowing that they were just friends. It was so sly of him, really.

The girl chuckles, thinking about those good times. It was the best decision in her life to finally opened up to Sunggyu, even though he needed to fight really hard for months to break her walls. And she was also thankful that he didn't give up so easily on her.

Her phone rings in her handbag, pulling her back from her pool of memories. Unknown number. “Hello, Soojung's speaking. How may I help you?” She said politely, just in case it were a client. The smile on her face disappear, though, after hearing what the caller had to say, replaced by one of those heartbreaking expressions. With a clouded mind, she hurriedly walks to her car and stepped on the gas, heading to the place she hates the most. The hospital.

 

-------------------------------

“Hello? Soojung?” The voice said faintly, a great amount of sadness was obvious even though the owner tried to hold it back.

“Yes, eommoni? Is there something wrong? You seem troubled.” Soojung replied, immediately recognizing the voice of Sunggyu's mother.

“It's Sunggyu...” a long pause, and the woman cried through the line.

“What's wrong eommoni? Did something happened to him?” a sudden fear attacked her and all the negative thoughts started to run around in her mind. Her heart was suddenly really uneasy.

“He... he got into an accident and... is now in the emergency room. They said... he is in critical condition and needs to be operated quickly. What to do, Soojung-ah?”

 

-------------------------------

Soojung got awakened from her very short nap and the strong smell of the hospital immediately hits her nose. Looking to her left, she sighs at the closed door of the operating room. The light is still off signing that the operation is still going on. It's been a couple of hours now since she arrived, welcomed by a crying woman and two men who seemed to bear a very deep sadness and anxiety. Everybody is worried to death, including Soojung herself.

The girl sighs again as a drop of tear falls freely on her cheek, which she immediately wipes away. She looks ahead of her, to the sleeping couple on the seat to her front. They both look so tired. Sunggyu's mom still has the remnants of the tears she shed before, obvious on her cheeks and she will occasionally sob in her sleep.

Light steps echo throughout the corridor, making Soojung turn her head to her right, catching Sunggyu's brother in her sight. He has gone to buy some food since none of them had their dinner yet.

“Noona, here. Eat a bit.” Mingyu said, offering a box of food to her. A soft smile on his face, making Soojung unable to refuse. “Thank you, Mingyu.” the black-haired guy nods and takes his seat beside the gloomy girl, patting her shoulder gently. “Everything is going to be alright. I'm pretty sure the doctors are doing their best to save Sunggyu hyung.”

Soojung hums in response. Ever since her sister died because of malpractice, she is having a hard time trusting the hospital again. “I hope so, Mingyu-ah. I hope so.”

 

-------------------------------

The door to the operating room is finally opened and the light is switched on indicating that the surgery is done. As in commando, all the people in the corridor immediately stand up and turn to the door, their faces looking hopeful at the doctors who are walking toward them.

“How is he, doc?” Soojung is the first to voice out her mind. The doctor on the center glances to his back, sighing, before looking at the family again, eyes full of regret and guilt.

“We've tried our best, but his head injury was really severe and it caused a massive bleeding in his brain. We're deeply sorry.” Like an arrow, every word the doctor just said stabs right through Soojung's heart. Her world crashes down, and with all the strength that is left in her, she heads toward the room only to be met with a dead body right by the door. A piece of white cloth is covering his whole body to his head. Soojung's breath hitches and her whole body shakes. Tears are threatening to fall as she tries her hardest to fight against her fear and pulls the cover down.

“Gyu oppa......” she muttered softly as the face is revealed. Her tears are already flooding her cheeks, wetting her already tired face. She reaches out to him and cup his face, touching him ever so softly but with so much force. “Oppa...... oppa, wake up! Don't joke around like this, uh? Please...”

The long-haired girl grips on Sunggyu's shoulders, shaking him lightly as she keeps begging for Sunggyu to open his eyes. Her sight is already blurry from the tears that just cannot stop. She wails and doesn't let the nurses to bring Sunggyu away. Her heart breaks into milion pieces. Even her legs gave up on her and she falls on her knees. She and Sunggyu were supposed to be at the bridal store, trying on their wedding outfit. They were supposed to be having dinner together. This guy is supposed to be here with her, alive.

It is then quiet not long after. The girl has stopped begging and there's only the sound of her sobs echoed throughout the corridor as the tears keep falling. Soojung buries her face on the crook of Sunggyu's neck and the smell of the hospital, combined with his blood, does not make her back away from him. The nurse tries once again to pull her back from the bed, away from her beloved, so they can move him to clean his body. And in all of her weakness, she just complies. She lets her body falls on the floor, staring at the unmoving body on the hospital bed, being brought away from her, until he disappears into the corner.

 

---------------------------

 

 

 

It was like a dream when I first met you.

It was like a dream when you first kissed me and held my hand.

It was like a dream when you asked me to marry you.

But it felt so real when you went away and left me behind in this world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Yuhuuu~ finally posted the story.

Tell me what you think about it on the comment section bellow.

Thank you for reading. Hope you like it.

Toodles~