Coffee Stains

Coffee Stain

When Kibum woke up that morning, he already knew that it was gonna be a bad day. His alarm didnt wake him up, somehow hes ran out of shampoo and his hair just wont cooperate with him. He was late for class and he no longer had time to buy a cup of coffee. All in all, it was a terrible morning.

He was already really late for his first class of that day and so he decided to just skip it altogether, opting to get a cup of coffee before actually going to school.

Hi Taemin. Kibum smiled, preparing to pay for his drink because he knew that Taemin already knew what he was going to order. They were pretty much friends ever since Kibum started frequenting the café when he moved to his dorm.

Bad day? Taemin asked, knowing by the beanie that covered his hair which was usually a sign of a bad hair day, which was usually a sign of a bad day.

Key scoffed and rolled his eyes, showing Taemin the total mess he was at that very moment. Terrible day. Missed my first class too!

You look terrible, hyung. I mean it. Iced coffee or hot?

Hot please. And thank you for the encouragement, you . I really needed that. Key smiled, sarcastic of course.

Heres your drink. Enjoy your day. Taemin laughed, handing Kibum his hot drink. He was definitely angry but in a youre-my-friend-but-please-stop-teasing way.

Kibum made his way to his usual seat by the window, which was surprisingly [and annoyingly] taken. He didnt like sitting elsewhere, but today he didnt have much of a choice. He took a seat at the table with a couch, because today he needed the couch and a big space.

He spread out his school stuff, prepared to delve into his notes and reading materials to catch up on the lesson hes gonna miss today. 

It only took him a cup of coffee before deciding that he should head to school already. It was still pretty early before his next class but he liked being early, plus he still had to meet up with his friends.

Kibum left his stuff at his table and made his way back to the counter. Another cup? Taemin asked, a bit surprised because Kibum rarely ordered a second cup of coffee in one visit.

Yeah. Today is gonna be a long day so Im gonna need a caffeine kick or something.

Geez. You must really be having a bad day, huh? You dont usually order two cups in one visit. Hot or cold?

Hot again, please. And yes. I told you its been terrible.

Go meet up with your friends. You usually feel better afterwards.

Yeah but theyre still probably in class.

Meet them after, duh.

Kibum rolled his eyes and laughed. Stop being all sarcastic and make my drink.

Taemin laughed as he handed Kibums second drink of the morning in a take out cup with a smiley face drawn messily beside the café’s logo.

Thanks, Taemin. See you later. Kibum smiled, waving good bye and going back to his seat to get his stuff.

He quickly grabbed his bag and his books, but just as he turned to leave he bumps into a stranger, spilling his hot coffee all over his clothes.

. Kibum muttered, trying to detach his wet clothes from his body. he muttered again as he saw that he had ruined the strangers clothes as well. Great. He thought his day couldnt get any worse at this point, but no, he spills hot coffee on a complete stranger.

. Im sorry. Kibum panicked, grabbing some tissues from his bag and handing it to the stranger, leaving none for himself because really, it was pretty much his fault for being in such a rush.

No, no. Its alright. I shouldve guessed you were in a hurry and stayed out of your way. The stranger laughed and accepted the tissues, pressing them onto his shirt trying to make it dry. It was only then that Kibum looked up at the stranger and took in his appearance. Brown hair with some highlights, plain white shirt, ripped skinny jeans and nike rubber shoes. It was a simple get up but a really nice one. Extremely attractive face, too attractive to be human, small but he had a buff body.

S-Sorry... Kibum muttered again, a bit more shy now that he has actually paid attention to this mans appearance.

Dont worry about it. You were in a hurry. Its alright. The stranger smiled warmly.

There was a few moments of awkward silence [for Kibum, at least] while the stranger continued to dab at his shirt.

There. That should be okay. He smiled as he looked at his shirt which was now pretty dry, not minding the huge brown stain in the middle of it.

Sorry again. Im having a terrible day and it seriously just got worse and –“

Hey, hey. Stop. Seriously its fine. Let me buy you another coffee? he asked, already checking his wallet.

No need to! I can buy my own. Kibum insisted. He was already prepared to leave, but this stranger insisted on buying him another cup.

Alright fine. Kibum finally gave in. Just one cup though. And Ill buy you coffee next time as well. Deal? 

Youre quick to move, arent you? Already suggesting to see each other again. But I dont drink coffee. The stranger laughed, appreciating the fact that they were starting to get comfortable with each other.

Im a very impatient person. Cake then? Kibum laughed, making his way to the counter and the stranger following suit.

The stranger laughed, already agreeing that he was indeed an impatient person. Yes. I love cake. He smiled again. His smile was literally blinding, Kibum had to look away whenever he did.

Im Jonghyun, by the way. Kim Jonghyun.

Ahh. Now stranger has a name. Kibum thought to himself and he couldnt help but smile.

We already have something in common! Kibum couldnt keep the excitement. Jonghyun was confused though, he could tell. We have the same surname. He smiled cheekily. Im Kibum. Kim Kibum.

Am I interrupting? Taemins voice came out of nowhere. Neither of them noticed they were already at the counter.

Oh shut up, Taemin. Kibum rolled his eyes. Taemin rolled his eyes as well.

Hi hyung. Seems youve met this noisy... human. Taemin pointed at Kibum who had his arms crossed.

You know each other? Kibum asked, surprised that the two were familiar with each other.

Yes. He used to be a regular here until he moved a few blocks away and found a different café.” Taemin rolled his eyes. Anyways. What can I get for the both of you?

Oh just him. I owe him coffee. Jonghyun explained, pointing at both of their shirts which were stained with coffee.

Alright. Hot or cold? Taemin asked, already preparing Kibums drink.

Cold this time. I dont want to burn myself again.

Im sorry again...for your shirt. Kibum apologized, truly feeling ashamed.

Oh its fine. Seriously. I have too many shirts anyways. Now Ive found an excuse to throw one out. Jonghyun laughed although it was true that he had too many shirts.

Heres your drink. Taemin handed Kibum his drink, eyeing two of his friends who were now also friends’.

Enjoy your drink. Ill come over when you need to leave, Hyung. Taemin smiled, knowing that now that Kibum has a new friend hes probably gonna stay a while.

The two take a seat once again, Kibum enjoying his coffee and Jonghyun enjoying the company of his new friend.

It didnt take long for the two of them to become comfortable with each other. They clicked in an instant. It was as if they were talking to an old friend, except they werent old friends.

Kibum truly enjoyed Jonghyuns company. He didnt talk as much as Kibum did but he was a good listener and everything he said felt genuine. 

Kibum felt really sad when he saw Taemin behind Jonghyun, pointing at his watch and telling him that he had to go.

This was fun, Jonghyun. Kibum smiled, trying his best to hide his sadness at the fact that he needed to go. I need to go though. I have a class in like 20 minutes that I cant miss.

Jonghyun shook his head. Its alright! Finals are coming up, right?

Kibum nodded in reply, still trying to hide the fact that he was pretty sad about needing to go.

Ill see you around? Jonghyun asked, making Kibum feel hopeful that they are indeed going to see each other again.

Yes. Of course. I still need to buy you a cake and probably replace your shirt.

Oh you dont need to replace my shirt.

I cant just repay you with cake though! Kibum pouted because he truly wanted to repay Jonghyun with something nice. Other than the fact that he spilled coffee on his white t-shirt, Jonghyun made his day a hundred times better.

What can I repay you with? Kibum asked again.

Hmm... how about a date tomorrow? Ill pick you up and lets have some dinner. Jonghuyn looks at Kibum straight in the eyes, smile as cheeky as ever.

Youre quick to make a move. Kibum laughs.

Well, what can I say. Im an impatient person.

Kibum laughed as he realized that Jonghyun said the exact same words he said earlier.

Sure. I live in the building across from here.

Ill pick you up at 7?

Kibum laughs and nods, feeling very excited already for their little date.

Thanks, Jonghyun. See you tomorrow.

Kibum quickly got up and left, not waiting for Jonghyun to say good bye because he was truly gonna be late for his next class at this rate.

The morning started out terrible but going out to get coffee was definitely a good choice.