Familiar Feeling

See You Again

“Why are we here again?”

“Because if I am right then she’ll be their next target.”

“I thought you hated her?”

“I do.”

“Then tell me why are we here, scouting at the parking lot of SM Hotel?”

“You followed me here.”

 “Hyomin”

“Yes, I hated her but…if we are right and she is their next target then she’ll need our help.”

“Ahhh I give up. You are a difficult person. A gang member helping a police…. What is happening? Maybe she has shaken your head too much….” Jiyeon kept babbling and ranting. She is a dongseang to Hyomin. She decided to follow Hyomin knowing that the older girl is planning on something stupid. Well this is beyond stupid. They are gang members for goodness sake! Why would they be helping a police?!

“Shhssh… someone’s coming.” Hyomin signaled Ji to be quiet and to watch the incoming car. They saw Kim Taeyeon jump off the driver’s seat and went to open the door for a stunning girl in the passenger seat and then for another beautiful girl in the backseat.

Ji hated Taeyeon. The sight of the police officer irked her. It started the day Kim Taeyeon barged into their lair.

It was one ordinary day for them when Kim Taeyeon just came marching into their lair. No one dared come across them. Well it was a heated moment that turned into beating. Needless to say, Taeyeon beat most of them. Jiyeon was still standing despite being beat up but then Hyomin came in. Hyomin pulled a chair and took a seat then asked, “What is this about?”

“I am here to talk to Jinx.” Taeyeon answere completely ignoring Jiyeon. “Are you the one they called Jinx?” Tae asked.

“Why should I answer you?” Hyomin replied.

“I am asking nicely.” Taeyeon warned.

“So a police officer came here beating up some of my friends all because she wanted to talk to Jinx…and this is asking nicely? My my… I must have a different understanding of the word nice…” Hyomin said.

“Why you arrogant…” Jiyeon tried to throw a punch but Taeyeon caught it then kicked her at the stomach. Jiyeon who fell back stood back up and ready to continue the fight but Hyomin interrupt them.

“How about you take a seat?” Hyomin offered Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smirked at Jiyeon then walked towards Hyomin.

“This ain’t over yet.” Jiyeon warned. She wanted to continue the fight but Hyomin has decided to stop it.

“Let’s call it a draw. How about that? Yeah? Yeah? Come on before one of you gets killed or badly injured.” Hyomin calmly said.

Jiyeon though very upset didn’t argue with Hyomin and just went to another table to drink.

Taeyeon was smirking at the upset Jiyeon.

“Wipe off that smirk. I was talking about you.” Hyomin said to Taeyeon. You see, that kid never gives up. The more she gets beat down, the more she fights back stronger. I don’t care if she kills you but I’m afraid she might damage this bar along the fight. I love this place.”

Taeyeon swallowed her own saliva. There is something about the girl in front of her… even though the other is very soft spoken but it’s deathly. Like one wrong move and you are dead. Taeyeon is sure that the girl in front of her is who they called Jinx. Jinx who is an intel. Yes there are CIA and police intel but codename Jinx knows way more underground information…information that even the elite police has no hands off.

It was very difficult to get an information from Jinx but Taeyeon was more persistent. Soon Jinx or Hyomin agreed but on her terms. First, they will only meet at the bar. Second, Taeyeon is forbidden to step beyond the premises of the bar. Third, No pictures. Fourth, No background check on Hyomin or any of the other gang members she had encountered. And fifth, Taeyeon has to come alone.  Taeyeon agreed in all terms. She needed the information more than anything. It will help solve her case. She can deal with Hyomin and her gang in another time.

Hyomin started giving her hints or clues then small information which Tae was quick to decipher. That was why Hyomin became fond of the police detective though she would never admit it. As Jinx, Hyomin knows about Taeyeon. She had her background checked. She knew very well who Taeyeon is dealing with. It was this notorious syndicate that no one would dare cross. Or even transact with or else you most probably end up dead.

 

Back to present

“Pshh…looks like they are attending some kind of big event…” Jiyeon commented.

Hyomin looked around. The cars. She read the plate numbers… after a few seconds… “Ji, these are cars owned by the elite forces. This is an event of the police forces.” Hyomin warned.

“Sh*t! So you are saying that we are in  building full of police forces?! Are you sure this is not a trap?” Ji asked.

She looked for surveillance cameras and remembered where they are located. They must not be seen or caught. She told Jiyeon the location of the CCTVs. They were both wearing mask.

“This is a bad idea. Let’s go” Ji said.

They were about to go when three guys who were all dressed up came towards Taeyeon and her companions. They pulled a gun but Tae was quick and she disarmed the guys but then a car came and more guys attacked them. They saw the other two girls were being overwhelmed. One of them was being dragged towards the car.

It seemed like the girl was their target and not Kim Taeyeon. Jiyeon must be right all along it wasnot necessary to come here and risk their lives just to warn Kim Taeyeon. So they should just walk away. But Hyomin has a conscience. She looked at Jiyeon and Ji can only reply, “Ugh..it’s not like we can just leave them beat Kim Taeyeon and kidnapped that girl…” Hyomin smiled. They both covered their faces with masks and went on stealthy. They managed to disarm the other men while avoiding the cameras.

Hyomin went towards the girl who was being dragged. Jiyeon shoot the other guys that were holding dragging the girl. Everyone was caught by surprise. Taeyeon took this opportunity to disarm her opponent and grabbed the gun. Tae started shooting and one girl in a pink dress was freed. She immediately ran towards Taeyeon and hugged the shorter girl.

“Tae!”

“Fany, are you alright?”

“Neh, but they took Sunny.” Tiffany cried.

“Tsk, there are too many of them. Stay behind me.” Taeyeon ordered.

--

After the men who were dragging her got shot dead, Sunny started to run and hide behind one of the cars. While hiding, she heard a few footsteps rushing near her.

“Tsk, they are dead!”

“Where is the girl!”

“I think they had company.”

“I don’t care. We outnumber them. What’s important is that we get Lee Sunny.”

“But…”

“No matter what…we must get Lee Sunny….alive. Her friends…kill them.”

The footsteps scrambled after. Sunny heard steps going towards her direction. It was as if he knows where she was. Sunny tried to sneak out. The nearest way out was the exit towards the streets. She can call for help when she reaches the streets. Sunny was running when someone grabbed her hand and pulled her into an embrace. She was going to scream but the person covered and made a “shhh” sound. Sunny couldn’t see the other’s face which was covered by mask and a cap.

“Guard all exits! She might think of running towards the street and calling for help.”

They read Sunny’s mind. Sunny kept thinking for reasons why these men wanted to kidnap her. She started shaking…fear was getting into her nerves.

Hyomin was hiding behind a post. She saw Sunny running towards the exit which was a trap. She immediately pulled the girl. She saw that the girl was going to scream so she had to signal the other to be quiet. She felt the petite girl shaking…and she thought that fear must have caught up. Hyomin pulled the girl named Sunny closer to her. It felt…Hyomin could not put a word in it. It felt…familiar.

Sunny on the other hand, felt safe when the taller person pulled her into a hug. Somehow it help her calmed down. She felt secure. All her fears washed away. Sunny hugged back.

Hyomin decided that it was best to stay where they were. It was a good hiding place. And it’s not like they can move around without being caught.

--

Just then another car stopped. The driver who was wearing an elegant dress started shooting at the other men.

The men were all forced to leave without their target otherwise the whole police force will be in the parking lot. They’ve caused a commotion and least they needed is to be caught.

“They’re gone.” Hyomin said to the girl who was still hugging her tightly. Hyomin knew that she & Jiyeon have to leave before this place gets crowded with police officers. Hyomin rubbed the others back and said, “They’re gone. You’re safe.”

“Let her go.” Hyomin heard someone said with a gun pointing at her head.

“Put your gun down, Kim Taeyeon.” Hyomin ordered.

Sunny went to the worried Fany. Now the two girls are watching the exchanges from the two.

Taeyeon, though surprised, put the gun down. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to warn you for your life but I guess Ji is right, it was useless. Those men are not aiming for you. They are aiming for her.” Hyomin replied.

“It was you earlier. Who made those shots?” Tae asked.

“No, it was…”

“No way!” Tae cannot accept that Jiyeon saved her life.

Childish…Hyomin thought. “Well, I should get going. You got this? Right?”

“Neh. Thank you for saving us. I owe you my life.”

“I’ll take your word for that.” Hyomin said as she walked away.

Sunny wanted to thank Hyomin. She didn’t know if she will ever get another chance to thank the person who saved her. Sunny was going to follow Hyomin when…

“Freeze!” Someone announced.

Hyomin stopped but after two seconds, she started walking.

“I said, freeze! Don’t you dare take another step or else this bullet goes right through your leg.”

“Yuri! What are you doing?!” Taeyeon shouted.

“I am doing your job. I am stopping this criminal from walking away.” Yuri said.

“This criminal you are calling and accusing is the one who saved us!” Argued Taeyeon.

Hyomin stopped from walking. The last thing she wanted is to be shot. She saw Jiyeon along the exit who was about to attack but Hyomin signaled her to go. Ji was hesitant. Hyomin pulled her masked down and mouth to Jiyeon, “Follow the code.” Ji never wanted to leave but she has to follow Hyomin. She has to follow their Code. Yes, their gang lives by the code. Hyomin assured Ji that she’ll be fine. Jiyeon trusts Hyomin’s words. Besides, though she hated Kim Taeyeon, Ji knows that she can only trust Kim Taeyeon to keep Hyomin safe.

“Stop it Yuri! or else…” Taeyeon warned.

“Or else what? What Kim Taeyeon? Don’t you think I didn’t know that this friend you have right now is a gang leader? That you are working with a gang?” Yuri said.

Taeyeon was lost for words. Yuri is indeed a good detective but Tae is ranked number one.

“Kim Taeyon, I am getting tired standing here. Will you please settle this with your friend?” Hyomin interjected.

“We are not friends!” The two exclaimed.

Again Hyomin find it childish. These two officers, top officers are childish. “Okay you are not friends. Well Taeyeon, I am getting impatient.”

“What you are a gang puppy now?” Yuri teased. “Sorry but you are coming with me.” Yuri said to Hyomin. She was going to handcuffed Hyomin.

“You know what…I hate to do this.” Hyomin said and in one swift move, Hyomin took Yuri’s gun and pointed at her.

Yuri looked shocked. But it was because Hyomin swiftly snatched her gun away. But because of what she is seeing. It was like she was seeing a ghost.

The two girls, Tiffany and Sunny were wearing the same exact expression as Yuri.

When she snatched the gun away from Yuri, Hyomin’s cap flew away revealing her face. Seeing that Yuri seemed so shock to fight back, Hyomin decided to just leave even though she is curious as hell. She looked at Kim Taeyeon and passed Yuri’s gun. “I hope I never get to see you again.” Hyomin said to Taeyeon.

“You saved my life. In exchanged, I’ll make sure you get to go.” Taeyeon said in agreement.

“We are even.”

Hyomin picked her cap and wore it. She was walking away when…

“Sunyoung….”

It was a whisper...no it was a mumble but Hyomin heard it clearly. Hyo stopped at her tracks and looked back. Everyone was looking at Sunny. “What did you just say?” Hyomin asked Sunny.

But Sunny kept looking at her with tears threatening to fall.

Hyomin still kept looking at those teary eyes.

Both were looking for answers.

“What’s happening here? Are you two arguing again? What… Omo!” The blonde girl didn’t get to finish what she was going to say because of what she was seeing in front of her. She hugged Hyomin. “Omo you are real! But…how?”

“What is happening here?!” Both Taeyeon & Hyomin asked.

“This is not a safe place to talk.” Yuri said.

“I am not going anywhere…” Hyomin didn’t get to finished her words because Sica stabbed her with a syringed.

“Sica?!”

“Don’t worry she’ll just be unconscious”

Hyomin was with Yuri & Sica in a car. Tae, Fany and Sunny in another car following Yulsic. They went into a Yuri’s safehouse.

“Seobang, is she really Sunyoung? Is she really my sister?” Sica asked. Sica’s father married Sunyoung’s mom. Though they are not related, they treat each other as real sisters.

“We’ll find out when we interrogate her.” Yuri answered.

“Where has she been?”

“Sica, we’ll find answers soon.”

“I can feel it. She is Sunyoung.”

“I can feel it too. But I am more concerned to what happened to her.”

“Yuri…”

“Sunyoung is my friend. She is the only one I trust in the agency (police agency). Where she has been, what happened to her, hopefully we find out who is responsible to all this.”

--

In the other car, Sunny is quiet.

“Will someone tell me what is happening?” Taeyeon asked.

Fany is worried over Sunny. “We think she is Sunyoung.”

“Park Sunyoung?” Taeyeon asked. She heard about Sunyoung who is a promising new agent. Taeyeon was assigned overseas for a big case so she has not met Sunyoung. She heard from her girlfriend, Tiffany that Sunyoung is Sunny’s fiancé. Sunny and Sunyoung met in college. Yuri, Fany, Sica, who were Sunny’s friends way back then, all witnessed the love story between the two.

“Yuri said she is a gang leader?”  Fany asked.

“She is not a gang leader but yes she is part of a gang.”

“Omo”

Sunny listened intently but she can’t bring herself to think straight. If it is really Sunyoung...her Sunyoung whom she thought left her then found out missing then assumed by everyone as dead. She always wished that she could see Sunyoung. And now her wished has been granted. But she does not seem to be the Sunyoung she knew..her Sunyoung. She could have run and hugged her like what Sica did but instead, Sunny froze on her spot. She wants to know what happened. More so she wants to know if her Sunyoung is still there. 

Hher train of thought was cut when her phone started ringing. Siwon. Right, there is Siwon who is her fiance. Before Sunny could answer, Taeyeon took her phone and threw it out of the window. 

"Mianhe Sunny but they could trace us. Until we know what is happening, it is better that we keep it to ourselves." Taeyeon apologized.

"Neh." Sunny answered shortly. But she was rather relief that Siwon could not contact her. She can focus on finding out what happened to Hyomin.

 

--