Chapter 17

Love Is For The Weak

News of Yeseul's engagement was the cover page of every gossip magazine in Korea.

"Announce the cut of ties between Samsung and Hyewi Group." Mr. Lee said in a calm voice while sipping his tea specially imported from India.

"Abeoji, they contributed a lot to our recent project and.." Chanyeol argued.

"The engagement is off, so why should we continue to have ties with them?"

"I..."

"Chanyeol, Jong Hyun hurt your sister. I can never forgive Samsung for this." Mr. Lee said.

"I'll follow your orders then." Chanyeol said and excused himself out of the room.

 

 

 

 

Yeseul stepped out of her car and strutted to the lift in her office building with pride.

She wasn't going to let anybody bring her down despite the constant whispers from her employees.

Yeseul signalled for Minri to walk beside her, "Tell the company that anybody who speaks of the engagement from now onwards will be fired immediately."

"Yes Ma'am." Minri said while whispering to the other co-workers to pass down the message.

 

 

 

 

*Knock Knock*

"Come in." Yeseul said while typing away on her laptop.

"Abeoji told us to cut all ties off with Samsung." Chanyeol said while making him comfortable on her office's couch.

"So?" Yeseul blinked and continued typing, without an ounce of expression on her face.

"You're worrying me, nobody told you to become an ice cube after the failed engagement." Chanyeol said and immediately regretted his words.

Yeseul sighed and looked at Chanyeol with a cold gaze, "I told you, it's none of business. Hong Jong Hyun? Samsung? Who cares?"

"Just thought that I should inform you, afterall me and Jong Hyun were once friends, and you guys were once engaged." Chanyeol said before buttoning his suit and made his way out with his secretary trailing behind him.

 

 

 

"Yeseul, is she going to be okay?" Kai asked while Myungsoo and Sehun were sipping their iced soda.

"She will be." Sehun said, "She's not in a good condition now, besides ruining Kang Hyera's career, I have no idea how to help her."

"Just give her time, she's going to be alright." Myungsoo said while munching his fries, "Speaking of which, that girl is 30 minutes late for our lunch date."

"Ya Kim Myungsoo, don't you have a little, maybe just a little crush on Yeseul?" Sehun asked.

Myungsoo threw his fries at Sehun's head, "Don't speak nonsense, she's just my best friend."

Kai sat back and crossed his arms and said, "Are you really?"

Is he really? Kim Myungsoo does not know, he was just always attached to Yeseul ever since they were young.

"When was the last time you played with a girl?" Sehun asked.

"Or went out on a date?" Kai added.

Myungsoo kept quiet and said, "I don't know, me and Yeseul are like twins and I..."

"Here's your chance Kim Myungsoo, my gut feeling is always right." Sehun said.

"Whatever."

"Our baby girl is finally here!" Kai hollered.

"Shut up idiot, I just ended a meeting and I immediately rushed here." Yeseul said while stealing Myungsoo's fries.

"Cheeseburger set upsized? Coke?" Myungsoo asked before getting up to buy for Yeseul.

"Daebak, you know me the best Myung." Yeseul said with her thumbs up.

Kai and Sehun exchanged looks.

 

 

 

"The paparazzis outside the office building is no joke." Jong Hyun's secretary said.

"Get the security guards to disperse them, if not I'll sue them one by one." Jong Hyun said in a firm tone.

His secretary shuddered, Jong Hyun became so cold and unapproachable after the failed engagement.

Once his secretary left the door, he sighed and threw the report he was reviewing to the floor.

He couldn't concentrate, the guilt and anger at himself is consuming him.

He stared at the framed photograph with him and Yeseul staring at each other with loving eyes and sighed once again.

Suddenly the doors burst open and Hyera came in with a bento set.

"Your secretary said you haven't had your lunch yet." Hyera said and placed the bento set on his table.

He eyed the bento box and remembered that Yeseul loves eat bento sets, especially those made by him.

"I'm not hungry Hyera, you can leave the office now, I'm working."  Jong Hyun said and continued reviewing the stack of reports and signing them off.

"Being cold towards me won't change the fact that you've lost Yeseul." Hyera said.

"Look Hyera, whatever happened that night was a mistake. You know I was never good with alcohol."

"Oppa, why not just...just give me a chance to be with you again. You must have feelings left for me, that's why you cheated on Yeseul."

Jong Hyun banged the table with his fists, "Hyera, yourself out before I get the guards to do it."

"I get it, I shall leave. But just know that I've never once given up on you."

 

 

 

 

Hyera was scrolling through the news on her iPad before she saw the gossip magazine corner.

It was reported that Kang Hyera left Samsung in the afternoon. It has been rumoured that she was the one that caused the engagement between Samsung and Hyewi Group to be broken off. Could it be Ms. Kang visited President Hong?

Hyera teared up a little before she continued scrolling, before she knew it, beads of tears fell on her iPad.

"Ya, Lee Yeseul." Myungsoo passed her his silk handkerchief to wipe her tears.

"I bought your favourite Krispy Kreme donuts." Pointing at the box left on her table.

Myungsoo looked at her iPad and immediately realised the reason behind her tears.

"Kang Hyera is such a pain in the ." Myungsoo said with anger.

"Don't worry Seul, I can set you up on a blind date with my other friends. Or my cousin? He's still single." Myungsoo said.

"Idiot." Yeseul said before leaning on Myungsoo's shoulder.

Suddenly the anger in his heart was replaced by fast heartbeats.

He looked at Yeseul and suddenly he saw her in a different light.

The anger towards Jong Hyun triggered his feelings for Yeseul and that's when he realise, Yeseul has always been the one for him.

Explains the reason why he always compare all of his past dates with Yeseul.

The girl was not as tall as Yeseul, was not as nice as Yeseul, her eating manners were different from Yeseul.

Kim Myungsoo has fallen for Lee Yeseul all this while, and he finally realised it.

"Oh Sehun and Kim Jong In." Myungsoo sighed.