Masks and clown pants

Stolen hearts and blissful ignorance

Namjoo was shaking all through her body. For a second she couldn't hear anything, a moment of peace. She reached her hand up to to cover the smile she felt uncomfotable with. The audience were on their feet, clapping and cheering for her and her performance. The sound of Eric screaming her name when she took her mask off and turned around was still ringing in her ears. She had sung her heart out and ,even though she had been eliminated in the first round of masked singer, she felt amazing, like she was on top of the world. This feeling continued as she practically floated off of the stage, back to her dressing room only to start crying. But she wasn't crying because she had only performed in one round (although she was a bit disheartened), she was crying because she was so happy, that maybe her antis would praise her, that they woud start liking her or at least stop leaving all the mean comments that stung her like lemon in an open wound. She felt amazig and didn't want it to stop.


Jimin and Taehyung were curled up on their dorms sofa watching Masked Singer, they didn't know why but Sungjae had insisted that they watch the latest episode. 

'Is he on it or something?' Taehyung turned to Jimin, his fringe slighty sweeping across his eyes so he had to tilt his head back slightly.

'I don't think so, he's been on it before hasn't he?' Jimin turned back to the TV.

'Maybe he's one of the hosts.' 

'Maybe.' 

The two realised that Sungjae didn't want them to watch it for him but for Namjoo. As soon as she turned around they jumped to their feet and hugged each other. Their friendship with Namjoo is closer than it should be due to the lacking amount of time they got to spend together, but she had left quite a big impression on the two after their first non-work related encounter, which was (like many things that happened with the 95 line) all thanks to Sungjae.


Bangtan were hot rising stars at the time, their popularity was gaining quick and they were all overwhelmed by it. The new found fame also lead to an increase in in other idols talking to and befriending them, one of whom was BTOB's Sungjae. He had introduced himself as a 95 liner and offered to introduce them to the others. 

They had found themselves going to CUBE headquarters, Sungjae had met them at the door and took them down to one of the dance rooms, they were a bit taken aback by the difference between their company and a company that worked with many groups and soloists along with a lot of trainees running around. Sungjae swung open the door into the dance practice room. 

'Naamjooo!' He sung her name as he strolled into the room Taehyung and Jimin semi-awkwardly following behind. 

'Ah Sungjae! You brought them.' Namjoo stood up, causing the blanket covering her legs to fall to the ground revealing the rediculous pant she was wearing. They were slightly metalic and a mix of zebra and leopard print in every colour of the rainbow. What made them even worse was the fact that they were extremely baggy, (Taehyung wanted to start singing Mc Hammers 'can't touch this'). 

'Phahahaah, Namjoo what are you wearing?' Sungjae fell to his knees laughing at her. 

'What? They were the only clean ones in the dorm!' She pulled the material on either side of her, making herself look even more ridiculous in the process. 

'In the dorm? Haahah.' Sungjae started tearing up, 'Yah, you're all girls you need to take better care of yourselves!' 

'They aren't your clothes so I don't get why you're that bothered.' She crossed her arms and looked down at him in annoyance. 

'They are pretty interesting pants.' Taehyung stepped further into the studio and swung his bag down off his shoulder as he sat down, Jimin quickly did the same. 

The conversation started off as Namjoo and Sungjae arguing about her questionable fashion choice when it came to casual clothes before changing to a full group conversation. Jimin was halfway through a story about Jhope and a spider in the bathroom when a trainee popped her head around the door. 

'Ah Sorn!' Namjoo and Sungjae sprung up. 

'I brought your pizza.' She handed three pizza boxes to Namjoo.

'Sorry did you have to pay for these out of your own money?' 

'No, no your manager Oppa paid for them but asked me to bring them down for you' She smiled up at them, her eyes darting momentarily to Jimin and Taehyung before going back to her two label mates. 'Well I'll be going then.' She bowed to them all before leaving the room.

'Thanks!' Sungjae called down the corridor after her.


It wasn't the clown pants that made that memory stand out to them, it wasn't even the fact that Namjoo ate an entire pizza to herself by folding it in half twice and eating it like a sandwich, it was the funny stories and the laughs that made sure that they would never forget the afternoon that stared their friendship. 

So seeing her standing on the Masked singer stage made them both swell up with pride and something else, something more. The two both felt something stronger for Namjoo but were too scared to admit it to themselves out of fear that they would ruin their groups dynamic by getting romance getting mixed up in there. Both made a silent pledge to themselves that they would try to forget about the effect being around her had on them.


They aren't the only ones. Sungjae had found himself feeling things for Namjoo since they made friends as trainees (though he thought he had gotten over it when she had ended up in CUBEs subsidary company ACube and they didn't get to see each other that often). However more recently he ended up being cast onto We Got Married with Red Velvets Joy and it wasn't like he didn't find her attractive, in fact he thought she was extremely beautiful, but he had felt a bit hurt when Namjoo had congradulated him for getting cast onto the show wholeheartedly (not that he wanted her to be jealous or anything). 


Krystal had only met Namjoo in passing a few times for most of her career, but their blossoming friendship along with the Bomi/Amber friendship had led to Namjoo attending f(x)'s first solo concert, which had led to her seeing Namjoo in the crowd, whcih had led to an odd feeling in her chest, almost like how love was described in books, which led to a lot of questionging on Krystals part.


Hey guyss ~(^-^)~ 

I'm writing a second fic alongside my Krisho fluff~~* (I promise I wont neglect that one)

This time I'm focusing on Namjoo finally living up to my username and her many ships! Some with guys and some with girs! 

I'm planning on bringing Nayeon and Bobby into the story a bit later because I need to re watch some of their variety shows to get to know them again cause I've been CUBE trash #1 recently so I've been neglecting some of the others! 

Please give this fic a lot of love (/)u(\) ~*