Final

내 이야기 (My Story)

Song inspiration/Song recommendation: All I Want (acoustic version) by Staind

 

(A/N: I highly recommend listening to this song while reading this story. Thank you!)

 

 


 

Seokjin first met Jungkook under a cherry blossom, in spring, eyes glistening with tears that stained his beautiful adorable face. 

 

He sits down beside him, listening to him trying to calm down his sobs and when he finally calmed down he turned to him and blinked. Shy eyes dropped down to his empty lap. 

 

"I'm Seokjin." he introduced and those shy eyes made their was to meet kind ones.

 

"I-I'm Jungkook.." he stammered with uncertainty. He always regrets introducing himself because he always gets bullied a few minutes later but days pass and he's following this Seokjin guy around like a lost puppy because he protects him and fights for him, never allowing bullies to touch and hurt him but despite all the things Seokjin has done for him, Jungkook still refuses to open up but the older didn't mind. He waited patiently and as he wait, feelings—strong feelings soon started to bloom somewhere in his heart. He tried to ignore it, chose to ignore it, but it got too strong until he couldn't take it anymore. He avoided the younger male and mistreated him, hoping he would fear him and leave him. He tried to hurt the younger before he could hurt him.

 

Jungkook cried in front of him, clutching his sleeve to prevent him from walking away. He whispered, "W-Why are you hurting me?" tears rolled down his eyes and his lips quivered. The person who had protected him was suddenly turning against him. It confused him, frightened him. He was scared of losing the one guy he had show his smile to, scared of losing the one guy that reached out a hand to him and glanced soft gentle eyes at him.

 

Seokjin swatted his hand away, regretting it inside, hurting inside but he pushed it all aside and glared at the crying boy. "Pathetic," he spat, "Weak and a coward. Don't rely on me anymore." his words were like poison, toxic, that sank deep into Jungkook's skin and bones as he watch the older walk away.

 

 

Weeks have now pass and Seokjin haven't seen Jungkook since that day. He was starting to get worried, terrified. Why was he so mean? Why did he let strong feelings hurt the little boy who sees him as a saviour? Why did he push him aside instead of opening his arms and let him cry on his chest? "Why didn't I just confess." he ran out of the school, ignoring the yelling teachers, and to the place where his legs took him. 

 

Knocking on the door, no one answered. He was starting to get petrified so he kicked down the knob and stormed in and there he found him sobbing uncontrollably in the corner, cold and hurt with cuts on his arms and neck. His eyes were swollen and red with tears. The moment those sad eyes met Seokjin's he backed away. "D-Don't hurt me.." he cried, begging and the sight pained Seokjin who felt so helpless. He caused the younger to fear him. But he didn't give up. He fell to his knees and opened his arms. "Jungkook," he whispered, "I'm so sorry. Please, don't cry anymore." he plead and the said name shakily and hesitantly stood up and fell into those strong arms who sheltered him from the cruel reality, hugging him tightly until it could hurt but neither pulled away nor complained. Tears began to form and hearts began to open. 

 

"I love you," Seokjin whispered, "I was an idiot who refused to follow my heart. I love you. I love you. I love you, Jeon Jungkook." and Jungkook replied with a tear-filled smile as he leaned up and pressed their lips together before whispering a soft, "I love you too."

 

 

After graduating from High School, Seokjin and Jungkook moved around quite a lot in search of a perfect house where they could grow old together. They found one and stayed there, arms around each other as they wake up to the sound of the morning outside the window.

 

"Good morning, my love." Seokjin smiled and Jungkook smiled back, leaning up to kiss those lips he never got tired off. Last night was the night Jungkook revealed everything to the older, trusting him and allowing him to be his first and Seokjin was more than honoured. 

 

3 years later Seokjin was down in one knee in front of Jungkook as they stood under a cherry blossom at a park at night where the lake was illuminated by the moonlight and the shining stars up in the sky. The cold breeze passing by glistening tears of happiness as Jungkook whispered a happy and excited "yes" and soon he was swept off his feet, spun around before they fell into a patch of dandelions that twirled around in the air as soft lips lock onto each other like a puzzle piece. Cheeks flushed and eyes fluttered close. Strong arms around waist and tiny hands on broad shoulders.

 

 

They had their honeymoon in America where Jungkook wanted to go most. Seokjin saved a lot and couldn't be happier when he saw the younger's excited reaction. They went to a lot of places, never letting go of each others hands even when they fought over small childish things like who should wear the bunny hat and the cat ears or who's cuter with chocolate frosting on his cheeks but they all end in heated kiss and under thin blankets in front of a roaring fireplace on a cold winter night.

 

2 years later Jungkook was starting to fall ill. He would wake up in the middle of the night, screaming with pain and Seokjin would hug him, kiss him, until it disappeared but when it didn't he was rushed to the hospital and to Seokjin's nightmare, Jungkook had an unknown disease. A fatal disease with very little information about it and worst of all, no positive cure. All Seokjin could do was smile sadly as he sat next to Jungkook's hospital bed and hold his hand as the younger stare outside the window.

 

"Seokjin," he started, "Take me to where our story started." and so he did. He pushed Jungkook on a wheelchair to that park where their story started. The cherry blossom was starting to wilt but it's beautiful pink hue still lingers. Seokjin stopped right under the tree and leaned down, wrapping his arms around the younger's waist, allowing his arms to wrap around his neck as he step on his feet. He couldn't stand anymore. His legs had grown weak and fragile. 

 

Seokjin shakily hummed a song, tears falling as he held the younger close. Jungkook rested his cheek on his broad shoulder, curling at the crook of his neck as he his husband's brunette hair. "It's going to be ok, my love." he whispered. Seokjin's heart ached with every passing minute Jungkook grew weak. "Promise me," he said, eagerness in his voice, "that you'll never leave me. That we'll grow old together and watch the cherry blossoms bloom." Jungkook couldn't promise, they both knew. So he leaned up and pressed their lips together instead, sealing their eternal love for each other. The petals danced around them as they fell like small flower fairies dancing a small ballet routine. Instead of promising to grow old with him he promised to always love him, even if they are in two very different places. 

 

 

A few months later, Jungkook's heart faded, showing a straight line and Seokjin panicked. "Jungkook," he cried, "I love you, don't leave me." he begged as he watch his lover being wheeled away to the surgery room and he fell to his knees. "Please, don't leave me! I need you!" he begged and begged and begged, tears falling. He didn't care if he was in the middle of the hallway with patients and visitors staring at him. His attention was on the door the closed, blocking him from running to his baby.

 

It was exactly 12pm, the start of a new season; spring, when Jeon Jungkook was announced dead and Seokjin's heart died. His eyes blurred with tears as he gripped his husband's cold limp hands. "My baby, my story," he whispered, "I'm sorry, I couldn't protect you." his fingers lingered on his engagement ring. "I'll always love you, please, don't forget me. Please, wait for me." he kissed his forehead, his cheeks, his nose, his chin and finally his cold lips. 

 

Seokjin dragged his lifeless body to their home after the funeral. He tripped over to their shared bed, hugging the pillow that smelled so much like his favourite scent. The left empty side of the bed reminded him how he's alone. How he will never hear that soft voice. How he will never sleep with his arms wrapped around his bunny. How he will never wake up to a sleeping angel. How he will never see that cute bunny smile that never failed to make his heart flutter.

 

"Jeon Jungkook, my baby bunny. Why did you have to leave me?...why did it have to be you? Why..?" he questioned as he fell to slumber, cheeks stained with tears and heart so heavy with pain.

 

 

"I miss you, so much."

 

 

And with every tear he shed, Jungkook sheds the same.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: I am a horrible human being...(˃̩̩̥ɷ˂̩̩̥)

 

 

Should I make a long story/chaptered version of this? It's going to be angst of course and you guys would basically know what happened but it will be a lot more detailed and more dialog and other members will make a cameo appearance (probs have to make one or two members the bullies...omfg am I just a horrible person or what...)

 

I srsly dunno why I'm asking if I should make a chaptered version of this...it's like asking "Hey, do you want a longer version of this torture?" ...heh..

 

I just literally cried while listening to Staind's acoustic version of their song "All I Want" and then this whole short story plot just came rushing to me and I just had to write it all down before I forget.

 

If you guys have or know any good songs like this, please comment it and don't forget to subscribe and upvote if you want.