Walking Dead au (Neo)

Zombies Aren't the only problem

"Why don't we have some fun sweety?"  

The thick, dirty breath of the beefy man was too close for comfort and Hakyeon could almost feel his stubble on his cheek. He squirmed against the tight hold without any success. 

"P-Please let me go, I was just l-looking for food", Hakyeon said. He was terrified; he shouldn't have ventured too far from their property but the shortage of food drove him to the convenience store. How was he to know three previously escaped prisoners were inhabiting the property? 

"We can give you lots of food if you give us what we want", the burly man grinned. The other two men were leering at him while one even had his large grubby fingers moving up his thighs.  

Hakyeon's eyes widened at what they were suggesting and he began moving around, trying to get loose. 

When that didn't work, he began yelling and screaming for help. 

The men weren't amused, knowing that the noise would attract walkers. The man containing him covered his mouth in a tight grip while the other socked him in the stomach.

"Aren't you a feisty brat?" 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Sanghyuk is getting worse", Ken announced, "He needs food or he won't be able to make it, I'm afraid". 

The youngest of the group had suddenly  grown sick from lack of nourishment. It took a toll on his body since he was a growing boy and needed more energy than the others who were just getting by. 

And Hakyeon wasn't about to let anything happen to him. Sanghyuk was like his younger brother and he wasn't about to watch him starve to death. 

 

"Let's split up and stay in our regular boundaries", Ravi suggested. 

Taekwoon didn't protest this time so the four boys silently agreed. Jaehwan stayed to keep an eye on Sanghyuk.  

"We'll try our best, love", Ravi said, kissing Jaehwan's forehead. 

Jaehwan returned a broken smile; none of them wanted this for Sanghyuk; he was too young to go through all of this. 

 

Hakyeon was on the edge of the boundaries when he spotted the convenience store and decided to take the risk since it seemed clear. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour after heading out, Ravi and Leo met up, finding no luck. They headed out towards Hakyeon's direction to see if he had any luck. 

"We should've found him by now", Ravi said, growing anxious. 

"Hey guys, any luck?" Hongbin came up behind them. 

"No", Taekwoon said, "Have you seen. Hakyeon?" Hongbin shook his head. 

They moved to the edge. They were all aware of the convenience store but Leo and Hongbin had decided to stay clear of it after they spotted a big man enter it. They didn't find it necessary to tell the others. 

 

"Y-you don't think he" Hongbin began nervously. 

"No he wouldn't break the rules", Leo firmly stated although he felt differently. 

"Yeah but Sanghyuk is in danger --- you know how much he adores him", Hongbin said uneasily, "We need to make sure and besides, there's bound to be food there". 

 

The boys decided to circle the area and search the windows for any movement inside but once they were twenty feet from the store, they heard yelling. 

Leo didn't blink before barging in. 

 

He was horrified to find three huge guys pinning Hakyeon on the floor. Hakyeon's clothing was ripped, his mouth was covered as his terrified wet brown eyes met Leo's. The man over him had his zipper down. That did it for Leo and he attacked with Ravi and Hongbin at his heels. 

They didn't hesitate as they threw punches and hits with the sharp axes they possessed. Taekwoon was bloodthirsty as he used all his strength and anger to kill the man. 

 

Only when they were panting with blood stains on their clothes, did they stop and turned to Hakyeon. Taekwoon flopped onto his knees to embrace the smaller, traumatized male. 

"Goodness, Hakyeon! Are you alright?" Taekwoon exclaimed, breathless. 

"Did they do anything?" Ravi demanded. 

 

Hakyeon didn't meet their eyes and his body was still shaking as he shook his head. 

Taekwoon released a sigh of relief as he helped Hakyeon to his feet. 

"L-let's just grab the food and get back", Hongbin said. 

 

And so, the boys got as much they could carry and returned back home. Taekwoon noticed Hakyeon's painful steps but didn't say anything. 

 

When they returned to the house, Jaehwan was ecstatic and hurried to prepare the food for Sanghyuk while the others decided to rest. Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon to their shared bedroom for some privacy. 

"Hakyeon-ah, sit down", Leo said as he sat the latter on the bed. He went and quickly grabbed the First-aid kit to clean the bruises on Hakyeon's body. 

Hakyeon's skin had goosebumps and he was still zoned out. 

 

It wasn't long before Hakyeon broke down in Leo's arms, shaking and sobbing. 

The latter could do nothing but sooth his lover with hugs. 

"L-Leo, they were g-going to --- I was s-so scared".

Taekwoon held on to Hakyeon tightly until he calmed down. 

 

"Come on, Yeon-ah. We both need a shower."

 

Taekwoon felt even angrier when he saw the dark bruise forming in Hakyeon's ribs. He gently traced over the skin as Hakyeon flinched from the contact. 

 

He wasn't good at providing emotional support and the only emotion he felt was anger at those dirty men for touching what was his. 

He pulled Hakyeon's head back to claim his lips in a deep kiss as he explored the cavern with his tongue. His fingers traveled along Hakyeon's body until it settled on his hips for grip. 

"It's okay Yeonnie-ah, you're alright. You're mine", Leo whispered into his lover's ears. Hakyeon moaned against him and closed his eyes to let Leo purify his body with his own scent. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

The incident wasn't spoken of again and Sanghyuk was now much better. 

It didn't matter because their bond and love for each other would keep them alive in this cold, zombie-infected world. 

They'll make it out alive.