Final

Two-Faced

“You know, Christine. I am not convinced you don’t have any boyfriend. It’s been what, like 3 weeks now and your table has always been full of chocolates, flowers, cards…I mean, come on. Spill it!” I can hear Nina, my officemate mutter under her breath as I arrange the roses inside the vase.

Sighing and nipping the ends of the stems of the roses, I throw away the excess in the trash bin before facing her, turning on my computer as well. “Have you seen any guys around here who’s with me? Any guy you saw with me outside of the office? Any guys who have been placing these gifts on my desk?”

She shook her head and blinks at me. “You’re seriously hiding something from all of us, Christine.”

I chuckled as she goes on again before I said “Again, I don’t have a boyfriend. Period. Believe me okay?” I glanced at her and she snorts.

And then I decided to . “Does that answer your question, Miss Nina?” I mimicked Mr. Jinwook’s intimidating voice that Nina has a thing on, (Don’t ask, it’s probably not weird but I’d rather not meddle with her thinking) making her face resembling the shade of a tomato. Mr. Jinwook is a co-partner of the firm so he’s also the CEO.

“I hate you.” She scoffed and went back to typing up the report that was, hey, who would’ve thought, requested by Mr. Jinwook to do.

The morning went on as the usual. Me e-mailing necessary people to be interviewed by our firm, making random chit chat with my co-workers, eating. That is an important part of work. Food.

During the short four hours of sitting and making phone calls and typing, I can’t help but ask myself again: WHO THE HECK IS THIS PERSON WHO KEEPS SENDING ME GIFTS?

Seriously though. For three weeks now, gifts would always greet me the moment I sat down on my chair, waiting to be picked up and be appreciated. Well, I do appreciate them and having someone give you stuff is really overwhelming.

Anyway, the day really went okay since it’s just Wednesday so not so much action going on.

And let us not forget the daily visits from the CEO from Hell Minsoo aka Kogyeol aka The-Biggest--In-My-Life—

I mean… *clears throat*

Mr. Go Minsoo, that 6-foot-tall man with his piercing eyes as if he’s going to stare the heck out of you until you say yes.

Yep, him.

You have no idea how much he irritates me.

I pretended to finish my sandwich which disguises as my lunch and threw the Ziplock bag in the trash and goes back to typing up a narrative report about the Human Resource team building last month so I won’t have to deal with his crap.

But of course, I failed. I always fail in escaping this man.

“Nice flowers you got there,” his voice resonated in my ears as he stands near my area, leaning against the wall near my table with arms crossed.

Don’t look at him, don’t look at him… I said like a mantra and continues typing, gulping in nervousness and tries to think of a snarky rebut to his words. “It’s just a gift, SIR.” I put the emphasis on sir because I don’t want to be called disrespectful again after I called him Kogyeol in front of the executives which I will not talk about anymore because it’s the most horrible thing I have ever done in my existence.

I heard him chuckled and I saw his hand reach to the vase from my peripheral vision, touching the petals, his fingers tracing the crevices of the flower. “Three weeks now, Miss Christine. Seems like you have a serious admirer.” His tone is mocking, testing my patience again.

Balling my free hand to a fist, I took a deep breath and look at him with a smile, trying to ignore that he looks handsome today in his black tux, black tie and the top button of his undershirt ed, exposing his collarbones.

WHICH IS, OF COURSE, COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO MY SITUATION.

“Sir. If you want to know who it is and I am pretty sure that’s what everyone would like to know, I don’t know myself. I am not sure who it is but as of the moment, I have no idea who is it. Now can I work peacefully? And as far as your schedule is concern, I know you have a meeting with our HR manager, Mr. Han in around 10 minutes.” I scoffed and turns back to my work.

Thankfully, I heard him chuckle under his breath and leaves, his footsteps echoing across the hallways until it disappears.

What is with him and why does he always make my life a misery? I asked in my mind. I never did anything wrong! Really…

Okay, probably that was a lie.

Maybe I come off as a hot-tempered woman to him but he started it! Sauntering in our office and teasing me always as if I am the biggest goofball living on earth.

Whatever. I am not sinking to his level.

No matter how y he looks in a tux.

Or how his eyes look so beautiful.

Or how his collarbones look so defined.

OR HOW HE LOOKS GOOD WITH HIS HAIR UP.

It doesn’t matter. I ing hate him.

 

Monday the next week.

 

“Christine. Mr. Minsoo wants to see you.”

 

 

 

 

Now, wait hold up----

I whipped my head to look up at my HR manager, Mr. Han. “Sir?”

“I said, Mr. Minsoo wants you in his office now.” He said again, adjusting his eyeglasses which are too big for him in my opinion.

“B-b-but why?” I stuttered like a teenaged girl and I can feel a blush creeping against my cheeks but I try to cover the heat on my face by fanning it with a folder.

He shrugged, walking away. “Just go there now. Good luck, tiger.” He chuckles as he goes inside his office, leaving me dumbfounded.

“Nina! Did you hear Mr. Han? I am called by Mr. Devil. What should I do? He’s such a twerp for doing this! If this is a joke, I’ll scrape those locks off of his precious face--- I mean his trashy face and feed it to freaking vultures for all I care.” I am a bit bothered he calls for me because he never did that. For the 6 months I have been working here, he had never summoned me in his office.

And I am hoping Nina didn’t notice what I said, please please please…

Nina crosses her arms and turns her swivel chair to my direction, a smile on her face. “You like Kogyeol, don’t you?”

Yes, just freaking say yes, Christine because we know you do as much as you hate him!!!! A part of my brain says aloud, making it hard for me to think.

HELL TO THE NO I DON’T LIKE THAT DEMON SPAWN. The other part of my brain shouts.

“It’s true?” Nina is wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, grinning triumphantly at her new found information.

“Yeno….” I tried to say yes and no at the same time and Nina laughed her off, clapping like a retarded seal.

Fumed at how my friend is behaving, I stood up, fix my outfit and starts walking away from my table. (Which is decorated by red heart balloons courtesy of le admirer.)

And just as I was waiting for the elevator door to open, Nina passed by me on her way to the pantry to get her usual cup of coffee and says in a sing song voice “Who knows. Maybe he’s you secret admirer and he’s just playing innocent the whole time~”

She flashed me a sweet smile and shuts the door of the pantry and then the elevator door opens, Mr. Jinwook rushing out from it and smiles at me widely as if I am missing some kind of joke and he goes to the pantry as well just before I close the door of the elevator.

WHAT DID NINA JUST SAID—How could she say such things… No way. No way in hell he would be the person who admires me. He is just pure evil. A handsome evil guy. He is not the one. He is not the admirer.

But to be honest, part of me really wishes wants it to be him…

I have been hiding my feelings for a long time because I am not really sure. He looks like a good for nothing son of a rich man and I am not a blind woman who can’t see those factors.

Aish, Nina. I hate you a lot.

Minsoo’s office is on the highest floor, the 17th and when I am on the 14th floor, it struck me.

 

 

 

 

“JINWOOK AND NINA ARE SEEING EACH OTHER.” I almost screeched inside, rewinding the scenarios last week when we were supposed to eat together or go home together and she is magically busy.

I found myself smiling as I realized how lucky the both of them are and I went off the elevator, almost forgetting who am I going to face.

Before opening the door, I can feel my heart pounding, a thin film of sweat forming across my forehead as I held the doorknob.

Damn you, Go Minsoo. You and your existence makes me quack with nervousness.

“Sir?” I mumbled under my breath as I peeked in, opening the door slightly and looks around.

Kogyeol’s standing behind his table, glancing at the view out of his window, his back facing me. He turned his head slightly to the side to say “Come in” quietly, exposing his strong side profile.

Slowly slipping inside the office, I closed the door and stand there, waiting for his instruction.

My eyes scanned his office and surprisingly, it’s very clean and organized. Too organized that he comes off as a control freak to me. Even his table top is very neat.

Except for a big bouquet of roses and a big box of chocolates in the middle. I scrunched my nose and squints if am I really seeing it clearly.

“Beautiful, aren’t they?” Kogyeol’s voice almost made me jump. He’s already facing me, hands in his pants pockets, looking at me and the bouquet, making me feel self-conscious.

“E-e-e-eh?” I croaked out.

Stupid stupid stupid… I mentally scolded myself. Stop being a stuttering mess in front of him.

He smirks teasingly and walks in front of his table, leaning on it and rests his hands on either side of his thighs, holding onto the table for support. “The flowers. The chocolates. The cards. The balloons.” He looks at me and smiles wider. “You.”

Me? What? Me, beautiful?

“Hey, stop pulling my leg.” I muttered, balling my fists as I feel my knees almost giving me away.

He shakes his head, standing up and grabbing the bouquet and the box of chocolates and makes his way to where I am. I looked up to him when he’s about an arm’s length away from me.

He extended his arms and offers me the gifts.

I stared stupidly at the gifts, gulping loudly.

“Are you really that stupid?” He mocks, shaking the gifts for me to take.

“Goddamn it, Kogyeol, what do you want?!” I spurted out in bewilderment, my head aching at all the hints and secrets this man is hiding from me.

He smiles wider s the gifts to me, making me hold it and then the next thing I know, I am pulled to his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around me.

“Don’t you get it? It’s me all along.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t think I heard him right.

HE WAS THE GUY WHO HAS BEEN GIVING ME GIFTS?

HIM?

GO MINSOO?

KOGYEOL?

MR. SPAWN OF THE DEVIL?!?!

My hands balled into fists again, almost crushing the box and the stems of the roses as I feel the tears well at the edges of my eyes, feeling a white hot lump of anger and probably happiness stuck in my throat as I try to speak. “W-w-w-w-what the actual , Kogyeol?! W-w-why--- What do you want… I-I-I--”

My words were cut off when he cups my cheek and wipes away my tears, smiling ever so handsomely and holding me against him as if I am the most precious treasure he has ever had. “I want you. Be mine, Christine. And I’ll make up for all the bull I have put you through. I just don’t want to be all mysterious anymore. I want you to be mine. I want to give you all my love without me hiding from you. Say yes, Christine and I’ll court you every day.”

I don’t know where I still got the strength but I nodded, trying to stop my tears. “Y-y-yes… Yes, Kogyeol. I want to be yours. I don’t want this game anymore…” I stammered, biting my lips.

He nods and caresses my cheeks and leans in to kiss the top of my head. “I had to be mean to you because I don’t want to accept yet the fact that I can’t stay away from you but the harder I deny, you always come back into my mind and my heart, making it difficult for me to breath without you…” He held me tighter, whispering sweet nothings to my ear, making me choke on my own tears.

My worst enemy turned out to be the one I really loved the most.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, smiling sweetly and saying “I love you, beautiful” before leaning in to kiss me gently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I smiled into the kiss and wraps my arms around his broad shoulders, tiptoeing to reach him and deciding that by far, loving him is not so bad after all we’ve been through.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hahahah here ya go guys :D NYAHAHAH LOVE U GHAIS