Chapter 1

Jeonghan One Shot ~ Childhood Friends

 

A loud yawn echoed through the small room which belonged to her. Her first action of the day was looking at her phone, as she did she remembered the date. The date where she can see her best friend; her happy virus. Quick reflexes of getting ready was all she did in the first hour, she only had a couple left.

-

‘Hahahahahaha!’

Continuous laughs from 5 guys projected loudly into one another’s ears. It was fairly obvious that they would have a boys’ night before they met their forever close friend. But they did not care about appearance; they just wanted to have fun. And that’s what they will do.

-

/HER POV/

Tying my medium length hair into two French braids, I finished the long process of getting ready. Desperately wanting to meet Seokmin I figured I could just skip breakfast, similar to most my mornings. The constant thoughts of him fumbled around crazily in my head and it was driving me insane, how could I think of him that way? He's not my type, but it wasn’t Seokmin who was in my head. I couldn’t control the excitement so I rushed out my temporary apartment and caught the bus which stopped relatively near to his family house.

I pounded the door softly with my knuckles, at that instant I could hear vast movements coming towards my direction which plastered a bright grin on my face. The door swung open and my sight was filled with the kind faces from my childhood.

‘Ahhhhhhh!’ I exclaimed while pulling them into a huge group hug. ‘I missed you all so much!’

I had my arm around Seokmin’s shoulders, oh how I missed him. The 6 of us talked and talked, we even watched at least five movies, the old things we used to do when we were all younger.

‘It's getting late-‘ I stood up from the comfortable position I was briefly in but was abruptly stopped by a hand taking a hold of my forearm. I looked up to see the long haired boy; Jeonghan.

‘Don’t go, we all agreed that you’ll stay the night.’ He smiled and pulled me back to the same spot I sat in; inches away from him.

More hours passed and chick flicks got the best of us, we played truth or dare at the dead of night.

‘Seungcheol! Truth or dare?’ I purposely asked as his eyes roamed around the room hoping he wasn’t picked.

‘Hmmm, dare!’

‘Take two shots and confess to Seokmin as if you were Akhi!’ Hansol spoke from across the circle we were sat in. I just laughed along with the rest of the guys, also reassuring Seokmin that it wouldn’t actually happen.

‘Seokmin-ah,’ Seungcheol edged towards Seokmin with a mask of aegyo. ‘Ever since the day we met, you make my heart melt like butter on popcorn ahhh I think I'm inlove!’ His arms latched onto Seokmin’s neck as he went to seal the deal, but Seokimn’s hand covered his puckered lips. ‘Aish Seokmin-ah why do you have to be like this?’ he continued by fake crying, the whole scenario had us all bursting with laughter.

After a couple rounds, it was finally my turn.

‘Akhi! Truth or dare?’ An overexcited Seokmin asked. I didn’t want to be intoxicated by alcohol tonight so I proceeded with truth.

‘Truth!’ The boys groaned.

‘Okay, let’s see.’ Seokmin hesitated. ‘Out of the 5 of us, who’s your ideal type?’

I glared at his question, I know this was the alcohol talking but he knew about…him. But now the others were finally intrigued, apart from Jeonghan; who played the game so casually my heart did melt like butter.

Even after a few moments I didn’t answer, it would be horrible if I confessed this way.

‘Pass! Give me a dare!’

‘Aish really? Fine. Go eat Hansol’s lunch which he prepared this morning. It's an egg and yoghurt salad; your favourite.’ I gulped at Jihoon’s request, they're so mean but I'm sure I deserve it.

I rose from the ground and walked out the living room, I saw Jeonghan closely follow. Why is my pulse quickening?

However as much as I tried to pretend to not know he was behind me, I just wished I could confess to him. Right there.

As I thought I reached the kitchen, there was a sudden familiar voice. ‘That’s the bathroom, the kitchen is the next door over.’ I turned to see Jeonghan lean on the wall, as if he was expecting me to find the wrong room.

‘Th-thanks,’ I quietly stuttered, why can't I speak normally? I continued to walk towards the kitchen, and saw Jeonghan –yet again- trail behind me.

‘Who is it?’ Jeonghan leant on the doorframe. How could he look so attractive with such an expression on his face? Why did he look so irritated?

‘Excuse me?’ I looked at him with confusion.

‘Who’s the lucky one?’ His voice so stern. He didn’t seem this way when he was with the others, he looked so happy.

‘What do you mean-‘

‘Don’t play dumb with me, tell me who you’ve loved.’ He narrowed his big brown eyes at me.

I looked down at the floor and at that moment my shoes became very fascinating, ‘…You.’

My head slowly lifted up and my eyes travelled to his, his face showed surprise; doubts.

‘Yeah that’s funny, but don’t mess with my feelings. Be serious.’ His once soft expression turned back to a harsh one.

‘I'm being serious. I-‘ This is the time. ‘I love you.’

He replied with a motionless face, there was no emotion. No words.

‘Are you not going to say anything? I just confessed to you-‘ Jeonghan walked slowly towards me and wrapped his arms around me which startled me, but I instantly relaxed after the sudden contact of his warm touch. I responded by embracing him.

‘I'm glad it's me.’ His speech was muffled; he had his face in the crook of my neck. ‘I had my eye on you since you spilt that stupid juice box on me.’ I chuckled at his honesty.

‘I never said that was an accident.’ I looked up to him, his eyes looked so soft.

I pulled him even closer towards me and tightened my grip, ‘I love you, I really do.’

‘And I love you more, forever and always Akhi.’

I felt his smile through my skin which made me grin too.

‘Hey!’ Hansol and Jihoon walked through the doorframe. ‘Oh, are we interrupting something?’ Jihoon said.

We released each other from our grips.

‘Seokmin! You called it! Fine, here’s your twenty dollars!’ Hansol shouted throughout the halls which made the other two boys arrive.

Seokmin laughed and smiled, ‘I'm so happy for you Akhi, I know how much you cared for Jeonghan. And Jeonghan if you ever hurt Akhi-‘

‘I won't. And never will.’ Jeonghan assured as he placed his large hand on my back.

‘Wait, are you two a thing now?’ Seungcheol spoke pointing to the two of us.

‘Um-‘

‘Yeah, we are.’ Jeonghan smiled sweetly at me.

‘Urgh, here’s your twenty dollars.’ Both Hansol and Seungcheol gave Seokmin a twenty dollar note.

‘You guys were betting?’

‘We knew it was going to happen sooner or later, Jeonghan wouldn’t stop talking about you-’ Seokmin beamed with happiness.

‘I had no part with betting!’ Jihoon disclaimed, I gave him a smile and approving nod.

‘You guys are so mean,’ I pouted.  ‘But I love you all so much! Come here!’ I pulled them all into a massive group hug, just like the one we all began the day with.

 

 

‘But you still have to eat Hansol’s gross lunch, don’t think you're going to get away without doing it.’ Jihoon said seriously.