First and Last Chapter

Scared to Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She breathed heavily and closed her eyes in the process " ah, I didn't know that I'd miss this feeling. " she thought to herself. She's been in the hospital for two weeks yet she felt like a year had gone by

 

.
" You have to prepare the things you'll bring to America, for your operation. "


Hyomin sighed. " C'mon auntie. I just got out of the hospital, and the mere thought of going back in makes me more sick. Can I at least get a proper food and proper sleep first ?" She pouted and begged her aunt.


The woman chuckled. " ofcourse. Mianhae. Let's just do it tomorrow. "


Hyomin's eyes glow and she almost jump out of joy. On their way home, she peeked at the window, and touched the necklace she's wearing. " I wish you're there to encourage me. " she looked at the necklace " Im missing you even more now. "


" So, what do you want for dinner?"


" Anything edible, and is allowed for me to eat. I'll take a nap. " Hyomin responded. She hadn't been sleeping in the hospital. She slowly closed her eyes and let herself fall into a deep slumber.


" PARK SUNYOUNG !!" A girl shouted while running towards her. She looked so happy. While Hyomin is not.


" Keep it down " she said, almost sounded like a whisper.


" Wae?? Your name is really pretty just like you! So stop hid-- " Eunjung's cheerful eyes suddenly turned into range after lifting Hyomin's face and seeing a bruise beside her lips and around her eyes. " w-who did this to you !? "


Hyomin removed Eunjung's hand and continued walking. so Eunjung had to pull her arm " Uh-aw!" Eunjung was shocked at her reaction, her grip wasn't that tight to cause her pain.


Eunjung pulled her Jacket's sleeves up and saw a black marks all over her arms. The sixteen years old girl grew even more furious. " You're not going back to your house, until the one who did this to you pay. "


" N- no! I don't want you to get into this. "


" My father will help us. You can't go home. Someone's abusing you and I won't let it happen again. "


" I have to go back Eunjung. "


" Park Sunyoung !"
Hyomin was taken aback by her loud voice. " Mianhae. " Eunjung suddenly hugged her..... In the middle of the street, where there are a lot of people passing by, and theyre having their moment as if no one's around.


Eunjung breathed in, " Sunyoung-ah. I am begging you to listen to me just once. "


Hyomin smiled, " Pabo. You know I have a weak heart and you're suffocating me now."


" I'm so sorry. " she pulled away. " Are you having trouble breathing ???" The older girl looked even more worried.


" I was joking. Fine, I'll stay by your place tonight. "
Eunjung smiled and pulled out a necklace, and put it around Hyomin's neck. " Keep this with you always, arasso?"


After flying to America, Hyomin was confined to observe her body before going to a heart transplant. They waited for years for a match. After a long sleep, she was surprised to see a girl standing by the door, wearing a white gown.


" Hi "


" Uh, are you ...... A ghost ??" Hyomin is starting to get a goosebumps. The girl laughed loudly, she walked even closer to her.


" You're funny. "


She looked pretty normal now to Hyomin.
" I sneaked out of my ward, it's boring!"


" they must be looking for you, you have to go back. " Hyomin sits up, but the girl didn't listen.


" I've got an idea. " the girl mischievously smiled at her. " close your eyes. "


" Yah! I don't even know you, go back to your ward or I'll --"
" Just do it! You're having a heart transplant and you may not know if you'll still live after that. "


" You little---hmmm!" The girl covered .


" You know I am right. " Hyomin closed her eyes in defeat, because she knew, she knew that there's only fifty percent chance of her surviving. " Think of a place that you want to go to really badly. "


" Eunjung be careful !" Hyomin shouted worriedly when she saw Eunjung standing up the merry go round like a little kid. The guard started whistling at her so she run away from the ride and took Hyomin with her.


" Yah, you're really Pabo. " Hyomin searched something in her bag, a scarf. She wiped off Eunjung's sweat. " I want to go around the place and if you get us caught I am not going to talk to you forever "
" Mianhae yeobo. " Eunjung teased. Hyomin couldn't help but blush at the endearment. She pulled Eunjung, but when she saw a roller coaster she stopped and envy the people who are riding it freely.


" We'll ride it together one day. You'll get a heart transplant and I'll be there with you no matter what happens, you will get healthy and we'll have so much fun. " Eunjung hold her hand tightly

.
" No matter what happen, you'll be beside me?"


" Ofcourse. It's a promise. " Eunjung smiled.


Hyomin opened her eyes again and the girl is still there waiting for her answer. " How dare you promise something you aren't able to fulfill "


" I want to ride a roller coaster. " she said out loud,


" roller coaster it is then! " the girl searched through a cabinet in her room, and she found a nurse's uniform. She then threw it to Hyomin. " wear this. "


" Wae?"


" We'll bust out Ofcourse "


Hyomin was surprised " Yah are you crazy! I am not busting out ! I am not suicidal!" The girl walked to her ,


" I won't let anything happen to you " her heart felt like it was slowly calming down, she felt like the girl is casting a spell on her and she actually believed and followed her.

" It's Freezing !!" She shouted while they were both running, it felt too familiar to her, she thought of the time when she was running away with Eunjung.


" Were here!"


Hyomin's eyes grew bigger when she saw the huge ride. " This is crazy " she blurted out.


" This is fun! "She came back with a ticket and the moment they were sitting on the roller coaster sit, Hyomin felt like an excited kid. And for a moment, she forgot about all the things she's been worrying about, she felt free, and when it started, her heart never felt so alive. She reflected on her life, all her life she sticked to the rules, she maintained a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter