I/I.

Hamburger a day keeps anger away.

If you decided to read this please, prepare yourself for extreme overuse of pronoun "he". I really regret not giving more about this when venting out my frustration during international women's day. Now, have a nice time reading ^^

********************

To say he was mad was an understatement. He was fuming with anger. He felt like he will kill any minute thought he was not yet sure whether the victim would be himself or somebody else. What was the reason?
Good question.
Kihyun had no idea.


He woke up at 12 like every Sunday but that particular morning his muscles and bones were hurting, he felt dizzy and the temperature was way too high for his liking. He checked his phone annoyed for it yet again failing in waking him up at 10 like it was supposed to. The boy sighed and opened the window taking a deep breath of fresh air. Zero degrees of soon-to-be-spring made him if only a bit calmer and he proceeded to stand up. Said task proved to be much more problematic than it could appear as the boy struggled to keep balance in reaching straight position.

When his legs stopped being wobbly and the blackness in front of his eyes disappeared, he went to get his dog for a walk. Although one would call making an animal wait till noon for his first walk as animal cruelty, it surely was nothing of the kind. The black-furred creature was spoilt, to say the least, with all the love and attention he got from his owner so after all 10 years of his life, he was already used to having his night walk after midnight to suit his human's routine. The dog jumped at him barking with excitement as the duo went out. Kihyun didn't even bother changing into proper outfit - he wore coat anyway.

Afterwards he started a day like a proper human being - laying flat on the sofa in front of some random tv channel while browsing the internet on his phone. He felt like reading some good manga but considering he was not in that the topic for over four years already, the boy decided to look for something in his bookmarks section - one that he created back in his japan-craze era of life. Choosing random title, he planned to spend his day doing that precise activity when not even halfway through the first chapter his phone crashed. Feeling his anger slowly arise, Kihyun closed his eyes for a minute to calm down and then turned it off and on again. Sadly, it didn't help much as the speed was slower than a sleeping snail. Deciding that this calls for desperate measures, he pulled himself up and dragged with much difficulty to PC. The least he could do was try being productive and print school work which was a necessity for the next day. The God didn't gift him with much love with this either though, since after only two pages, the printer stopped working.

"Aghhhh! What the actual man!" The boy shouted in frustration having no more patience for electronics. Right in that moment his phone buzzed. He felt anger even looking at his notification box filled with messages and he was hating himself to the core for even thinking that way since all of them were from his best friends who he was so grateful for having in his life. Feeling like the worst jerk in the world, he turned off the wifi as well as free data and continued laying down on his bed pointlessly. Staring at the ceiling brought only a bit of relief as he still remembered he had so many things to do. After a while he picked up the phone and turned it on again scanning through the notifications without answering any of them and was about to continue reading the manga he found before when he noticed that he must have accidentally closed all tabs. It wouldn't be very problematic in normal case as he could simply find it again in history but he used incognito mode to keep it clean of unnecessary hundreds of pages. And, ironically, clean it was. The boy groaned feeling the frustration coming back again. This day just couldn't be in any way positive.

Understanding that he was just not meant to do anything pleasant at home, Kihyun sighed, picked his wallet and went out in search of food - he was starting to feel hungry and there was no way he was going to experiment in the kitchen on such mistake of a Sunday. Bad luck didn't disappoint him outside either and only 5 minutes into the walk rain started to fall. At that point the boy was determined though; he would not stop until he gets his stomach filled with delicious food. Considering he didn't fancy the idea of getting soaked wet, Kihyun made his way into a mall nearby. And all would be fine if he didn't realise it was valentines day only after setting his first step in the building. What can be more pitiful than a single person having a meal in the middle of hundreds of couples?

And here he was now, furious at his misfortunes, trying to find solution to his growling stomach without embarrassing himself in a KFC upstairs, placed oh so conveniently right opposite to a popular cafe filled with customers eating pink, heart shaped cakes. Seeing there was no other option but to leave, the boy made his way to the exit and endured rain drip dropping on him with no more hope inside his chest. He was passing by a bus stop when a tempting smell of unhealthy fast food made him halt without thinking. He could already feel saliva gather in his mouth so he strutted over to the stand. Not surprisingly, there was no other customer to be seen which must have been the first good thing Kihyun was granted with that day.

"Hello, how can can I help you?" A man around his age said coming from behind the counter. He was well-built, with charismatic features although in contrast the look in his eyes made him seem more like a human sized teddy bear.

"One hamburger, please." Kihyun placed his order noticing a nameplate with "Hyunwoo" written in bold, black letters.

"Will be done in a minute" guy named Hyunwoo said and then added "you don't seem like the type to stuff yourself with trashfood though" all the while staring at him with a small smile painting his already handsome face.

"Cause indeed I'm not but right now I feel like guilt can wait until I'm not starving anymore." Shorter boy then sighed at the very thought of his day. It was definitely the worst weekend he had up to date.

"Seems like some tough Sunday you had there" cashier concluded meanwhile filling the bun with salad and covering it all with sauce.

"You have no idea." Kihyun frowned and then a thought struck him "oh, sorry, you do have an idea. You've just spent whole valentines in a fast food stand."

"Depressing, isn't it?" Hyunwoo laughed while handing him the hamburger " how about cheering me up with a cup of coffee in one of those disgustingly pink cafes in the mall?" The man suggested sending a charming smile in his direction.

"With greatest pleasure, the coffee is all on me" younger smiled back and then added after a while of munching his food "although you would use some cooking lessons. You forgot to put meat inside".