The Last Time

Your House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She entered quietly as possible using the spare key (he forgotten) he gave her. She never used it before though, just this one time. Just this last time.

 

The spring inspired colored house welcomed her warmly, melting the coldness of her icy heart. She smiled half-crazily at the thought that he didn’t bothered to change the colors that she they chose. She reminded herself that this is the last time she’d swim in his presence. In the deep memories of the confusing times when she assumed they could be lovers, but never came true.

 

She walked to his garden to see those yellow and pink orchids she gave him. She exhaled to the relaxing view where they always had a couple of beer or soju.  And on that small corner where they use to talk until morning, she remembered vividly how they were so drunk that they shared their first (and last) kiss. Today however, there are two wine glasses on the table and an unfinished bottle.

 

She grabbed the used wine glass and poured herself unlimited soju until she felt okay (which she never did)

 

His kitchen that he never used was her favorite spot of his house. She’d burn meat and vegetables and he’d yell at how stupid she was for not knowing how to cook but he’d always eat the same burnt meat or raw vegetables she cooked all the time she tried. All the time.

 

She sat on his couch where she’d always see him sleeping the next morning when they spend time together when he fetch her because it’s too late or it’s still too early. She’d sleep on his bed comfortably just because she loves his scent on his room. He’d always tell her that she left her scent every time and it’s always been an unspoken question for her if he liked it too.

 

She walks to his room and again, she could smell his scent just like before.

 

The bunch of albums on a rack, popped on her eyes and she greeted them like the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter