Chapter 1

Royal Pain

Hebe’s POV

I stared into the mirror. My hair was beautifully combed by my maids and pinned up in a bun on my head. Selina, my personal maid, came up to me.

“Princess Hebe, please let me apply some blush,” Selina said humbly.

I replied silently by turning my face to her and closed my eyes.

Today was the day that I can bring pride to my family. My father, the king of our kingdom Isaducha, had set me up for an arranged marriage to the prince of the kingdom Herochan. Our kingdom Isaducha has been threatened from our enemy, the kingdom Malevitor. My father had married both my sister of to other kingdoms that could become allies with our kingdom. I’m the youngest of the girls in my family and my dad wanted to use my marriage to his advantage as well. All three kingdoms including Herochan are not as large as our kingdom Isaducha but they would really help us defend Malevitor. There had been rumors for a few years now that Malevitor would attack us one day. They had yet to attack but one can never be too careful.

I am on a mission, a mission to have a successful marriage so that Isaducha can get help from Herochan if help was ever needed. I need to be on my best behavior.

Selina was done with applying makeup. I opened my eyes and practice a smile. My best smile, a sweet beautiful smile.

“I heard that the prince of Herochan is very handsome and a gentleman. I’m so happy that you can marry someone good-looking with a high status and reputation,” Selina said to me. Selina had always been my best friend since I was a young child. Even though she was my maid, I treated her like my friend.

“I’ve never really cared that much about the character of the prince before,” I admitted to Selina.

“Well, what if he abuses you. You know you can always tell me and I’ll beat him up for you,” Selina said and held a fist up to her face and pretended to me angry.

I laughed and it distracted me from the butterflies in my stomach….for a few minutes.

“Come princess. They have arrived,” a servant of my father announced standing outside my opened door.

“Good luck!” Selina cheered my on with her fingers crossed.

I nodded and walked slowly in my high heels and long, golden dress to the meeting room of palace.

My father had instructed me previously to wait outside of the meeting and wait for him to announce my entrance. I would walk in elegantly after he cued me.

I stood outside the meeting room. My curiosity caused me to peek into the room.

I saw my father talking to an elderly man and a handsome young man. I assumed the elderly man to be the king of Herochan and my future father-in-law. The young handsome man is probably my future husband. I studied him. He was very quiet while the kings discussed our marriage. It is obvious that he had been taught well with good manners. He was like a Prince Charming in fairytale books. No evil can possibly be contained in the perfect figure.

I head my name announced by father loudly and clearly. A guard from Herochan opened the door for me and I walked in. The room was silent and everyone was staring at me. I smiled and looked at my future husband. He was smiling at me too.

“What a beautiful young princess,” the king of Herochan complimented me.

I smiled back at him. “Thank you. My father had taught me well.”

“Oh, how she delights me,” my father said proudly. “Hebe, this is your fiancé, Jiro Wang. King Wang and I had been discussing your marriage. We’ve decided not to set a date yet. Jiro is going to live here with us and I want both of you to get to know each other better.”

I nodded at my father’s instructions.

“Why don’t you show Jiro around,” my father said to me.

“Of course. Please allow me to guide you around the palace,” I said to Jiro.

He followed me slightly. He opened the door for me and held it as I walked out displaying how well-mannered he is.

His guard followed us as we walked around the palace. I told him where all the rooms are located. He nodded silently as I introduce him to my home.

I showed him to his room which was next to my room.

Jiro politely thank me and walked into his room. I could tell he was trying to be the perfect prince.

I was trying to be the perfect princess as well but for some reason, I don’t feel comfortable around Jiro and the way he acts. I don’t even feel comfortable about myself.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

A/N: Short Chapter. What do you think? Better than Ms. Aarona Yan? Like it? Hate it? Comment please.